Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 19:04   #16
BHPian

Hey buddy,
Your White Swift standing straight on the footpath of the road looks terribly awesome.
I somehow like the white swifts especially the ones with the white alloys too.
I have seen one on BTM Layout main road (priya bakery stop) with the white alloys and few more mods.
Old 16th October 2008, 19:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Amazing captures RufRoc, the twilight and setting sun shots are truly magnificient.
BTW what camera?
Regards,
Hari.
Old 16th October 2008, 20:30   #18
BHPian

Great pictures, RufRoc! Loved the one with the couple strolling in the beach (dscn2266). The sand looks golden in the sunlight. Nice shot!
Ranjith
Old 17th October 2008, 13:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
I am really impressed by the coastal drive from Mangalore to Karwar. Haven't really been beyond that, which I am sure would be equally good.
Apart from Gokarna, there are a lot of other places on that coastal strectch that you can check out. If you ask around here, am sure you'll get a lot more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Amazing buddy. I was planning a trip to goa and now its cancelled. Yep gokarna it is
Thanks. Am sure you won't regret it. Do go during the season though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Wonderful pics and a great place!
Thanks for sharing a wonderful experience, RufRoc!
Been on my list of must see places for the last 2 years, but never got to do it yet!
Thank you. You should do it before it turns into another crowded tourist destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
I believe there is a famous Shiva temple, called Gokarna-Mahabaleshwar. Is it nearby Om Beach?
I'm not very sure. I know there is a temple in town but not near Om Beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Great pics, RufRoc, and very well-maintained Marshall (is it a 4-speed or 5-speed version?).
dumb question : where is this place called Gokarna? From reading thru your posts, it seems to be somewhere on the west coast.
Could you please post some additional info about the route you took, and distance info from some major cities which are near to Gokarna? Thanks.
Thanks. It's a 2000 Marshall (4 speed version).

Gokarna is in Coastal Karnataka. It's probably 120 km from Goa. Karwar is the city nearest to Gokarna. There are a number of ways to go there, if you search for a thread on the Route to Goa from Bangalore, you'll get the necessary info in there. If you're not able to find it, let me know and I'll send you the thread.

I've tried two routes, one through Tumkur --> Shimoga --> Sagar --> Sirsi --> Mirjan --> Gokarna. The other is through NH4 and you can take a turn at Hubli, there are more detailed instructions in the thread I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Great pics. The resort also looks good. You are sharing this almost 2 years after your visit...
I'm guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
Hey buddy,
Your White Swift standing straight on the footpath of the road looks terribly awesome.
Thanks, will tell my Swift that . There are more pics in here ... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-km-later.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Amazing captures RufRoc, the twilight and setting sun shots are truly magnificient.
BTW what camera?
Thanks Hari. It's a Nikon S10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
Great pictures, RufRoc! Loved the one with the couple strolling in the beach (dscn2266).
A favorite of mine too. I actually waited for quite some time before shooting that. I was hoping they'd walk side by side so I waited but then didn't want to lose the shot and finally clicked it.
Old 17th October 2008, 13:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

RufRoc your making me cry.... Some real pics there that evoke emotion. You have a keen eye brother.

The first time I went to Gokarna was 2000 during school and ever since then it's been an annual affair. This year is probably the only time Iv not visited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonobashi View Post
The only thing close would be Bali or a South Sea island.
Not disputing that... but there's also the Andamans, Australia, Hawai, Fiji and the list goes on.

Each has its own charm.
Old 17th October 2008, 14:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dumb question : where is this place called Gokarna? From reading thru your posts, it seems to be somewhere on the west coast.
1. Ain't a dumb question - not every body is familiar with geography.

2. Gokarna is here - see Gokarna, India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks