Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 15:48   #16
BHPian

Nice pictures Locomotive! I recently returned from a holiday to Leh as well. Did you notice two signboards about 10km away from Leh, that said "I like you darling,
but not that fast"
This was the best of the lot! Unfortunately was unable to take a picture of them.
Old 5th November 2008, 20:25   #17
BHPian

thats really funny!! How did i ever miss that!!!
Old 6th November 2008, 14:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great pics, and kudos to BRO on 2 counts:-

1. For building great roads at dangerous places

2. For excellent sense of humour.
Old 6th November 2008, 14:59   #19
BHPian

Gr8 trip and a v.good collection of pictures. Infact pictures did all the talking. Its very tempting.
Old 6th November 2008, 20:39   #20
BHPian

Super collection Locomotive!

Zingzingbar..as exotic a name as one can hear, and that too on the ege of the Tibetan Plateau!

As the story goes... it is named after the many falling stones that regularly used to fly down the hill around this point. As the BRO braves would down a few drinks in the evening after a hard days work (and that's how Brandy Nallah and Whiskey Nalah got named ) they would hear the stones coming down..zing...zing...heading straight to their temporary bar!

Now this story is as true as can be believed from a BRO Commandent... one freezing night, after many rounds of rum at the same famed Zingzing Bar..!
Old 6th November 2008, 23:34   #21
BHPian

now thats an interesting story. wish we had shared a drink or a meal with either the BRO men or the army. It would have been so very memorable.

on our way back we were invited for dinner at the Patsio military camp by some armymen but unfortunately we had to politely decline their invitation as it was dark and we were a bit apprehensive that we would not get a room at Jispa for the night if we reached their too late. what an opportunity loss!!
Old 7th November 2008, 10:34   #22
BHPian

Also shows how much these guys love what they are doing. but seriously, I wonder , if they have their own 'creative' team of sorts to do all this thinking.
Old 13th November 2008, 12:45   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
Nice pictures Locomotive! I recently returned from a holiday to Leh as well. Did you notice two signboards about 10km away from Leh, that said "I like you darling,
but not that fast"
This was the best of the lot! Unfortunately was unable to take a picture of them.
hey
i have seen that signboard somewhere but don't remember !
Old 13th November 2008, 16:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post

perhaps the most famous signboard. I had seen it in so many magazines and travelogues. We felt so happy when we actually saw this :-) However I Still havent figured out this one. what does being a gama mean.
They are telling you not to try to do anything heroic/macho like Gama Pahelwan - the famous wrestler. You conquer the mountains with humility and not brute power. That's what they mean I think.
Old 13th May 2009, 22:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
but not that fast"
Hi Phrozen Fire I saw a signboard on my way to Badrinath it says MARRY SAFETY DIVORCE SPEED, LOOK AT CURVES OF ROAD NOT HERS,THIS IS HIGHWAY NOT RUNWAY,DONT MIX DRINKS AND DRIVE.
Old 13th May 2009, 22:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thats really funny!! How did i ever miss that!!!
Dear Locomotive, I saw another signs on my way to Badrinath and Sri Hemkunt Sahib MARRY SAFETY DIVORCE SPEED, LOOK AT THE CURVES OF ROAD NOT HERS, DONT MIX DRINKS AND DRIVE,STEEP CLIMB AHEAD CHECK YOUR BREAKS , ROCKS FALLING AHEAD LOOK UP AND DRIVE SAFELY
Old 14th May 2009, 12:12   #27
BHPian

Quote:

perhaps the most famous signboard. I had seen it in so many magazines and travelogues. We felt so happy when we actually saw this :-) However I Still havent figured out this one. what does being a gama mean.
Gama is one kind of ray, that means speed of light. BRO board means do not ride/drive high speed.
Actually it's spelling is Gamma ray.

Anyway it's a good one.

Last edited by akas_chauhan : 14th May 2009 at 12:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks