Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 16:38   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Shimoga

Hello guys, this is my first travelloge and hope you guys will overhaul my mistakes…

It was a Saturday and as usual I got up late as iam off on Saturdays, I finished my daily routine by 11am and I was off for a smoke, I had some work and finished it before I came home at 2.30pm, finished my lunch and was watching movie by the time we received a call from my uncle at 3pm regarding some issues in our farms located in shimoga which he coudnt take care as he was not feeling well.

Dad told he will go to shimoga and settle the matters and mom insisted that I should take responsibilites and go to shimoga instead of Dad I was ok with it but on one condition that I will go with my Swty…

Asked swty; was she fine to come with me to shimoga and spend some gud time with me…..

Some arguments went on and settled that even my younger brother will join us (what a bad luck)

I said ok and we started…

It was 3.40pm when we left home and Swty was all excited as this was her first visit to shimoga

I took the regular road from Mysore road (NICE) to tumkur road we passed the toll and moved on …

We stopped near CCD on tumkur road for a break and I lighted a cigi and my brother started shouting at me that I don’t care for swty and all those stuff; I told him that she was ok that I smoke but a little lesser count will be fine.

As soon we started I noticed a new fabia going in 110+kmph and in an instant I was behind it and trying to overtake him but Swty insisted that we should enjoy the drive rather than racing ..Ah …whats wrong with her, this is not the first time she is coming out with me (we even had done Bangalore to Mysore in one hour) it might be because of my brother…

Fine will go in a stedy pace; I consoled my self (even thought of dumping my bro as he was the haddi in my kabeab)

I took a divertion and headed straight towards shimoga on the bypass road and as soon as we cross tumkur there is a mining place with hell lot of mining dust on the roads I knew that some heavy and fully loaded truk will come suddenly from right to join our lane and the very next moment it was there, thank god I anticipated it and every thing was back to normal as soon as I over took that truk.

We covered 70% of the distance in 3hrs…Pretty gud aha…and swty had enjoyed as I could read her mind she was fresh and was ready to go.

For the very first time we noticed a herd of deer crossing the road which was unusual at this part of the journey I braked hard (was in 100+) it screached …and a thought came to my mind that I had hit one of the deer….no…s***.. I stopped completely and realised that the deer had already crossed the road and another one was about to cross and we made sure every one in that herd had crossed the road before we started again…

The weather was beautiful and very romantic …was lost in thought.. me and swty all alone at this part of the time Hmm…. Heyyy SSSSTOPPPP screamed my brother who was sitting behind…what the hell ; am I not even supposed to imagine or what…….I stopped and asked him whats the matter and he tells me that a Cat just passed, so what I asked as I was getting pissed off, he told me that its bad luck and we need to wait for 5min before we start again, as I looked close at Swty even she was pissed off with my brother’s unrealistic things.. I lighted my cigi and first looked at swty later at my brother, both were fine as they knew I will never listen to others and do what I want to do..

We started again and the road was getting worse…no…it was horrible I took 3hrs to cover the first 200km and now I took 3hrs to cover pretty 60+kms just imagine the condition of the roads..

When we reached shimoga it was almost 10pm and I didn’t had the patience to have my dinner as I was thinking of the bad strech and the possibility of getting a puncture and started blaming the useless politicians who have given the tender to contractor who is taking his sweet own time to complete the project

SUNDAY:

As we got up early in the morning (early for me is 9am) and got ourself ready to go to the farm my uncle started scolding me why the hell you have come with Swty ; what others will think of the family and stuff like that…my brother was staring his dad (my uncle=my brothers dad,we are joint family kind) He went on Blah…Blah…Blah for another few minutes (thank god swty didn’t listen to him as she was waiting for me outside), I asked my brother whether he is coming with us to the farm or not and he promptly said yes (my bad luck as I cant spend time with my swty)

As soon as we reached our farm I called up the guy whom I was supposed to meet (the thing is that my Airtel doest get signals when iam in my home and we get complete signal in our farm) this guy is telling me that he cant meet me today as he is completely occupied with some very important matter..

I called up Dad and told him the matters, he told me to come back and he will settle the matters himself in another week or so…

My brother was telling about the cat crossing our path the previous night and held it responsible for the guy not turning up we had a gud laugh at our brother and left the farm towards home to have lunch...

My far relatives had come to visit us who stays nearby and completely taken by surprise as soon as they saw swty ... and the best part is that they even complimented my swty how beautiful she was, infact she is very beautiful (me and swty are engaged )

We left our place at 1.30pm and it had started driziling (wow) it was getting colder than we had imagined ; thank god me & bro had jackets but swty didn’t, I gave her mine ...But she said she was fine and wanted to enjoy the beautiful climate.

We stopped very frequently as my brother wanted to see and feel the nature; he was acting as if this was his first journey out of Bangalore . . .

As soon as we finished the final leg of the tolled road there was a warm welcome waiting for us

There was terrific traffic jam near nelamangala and it took more than 1hr before I took to NICE road towards mysore ( I stay near banashankari)
This entire journey was tooo gud as this was the first time my swty visited my home town and guys she loved it.

PS: Swty is my RE Lightning 535
Old 18th November 2008, 16:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanth_mk View Post

hats wrong with her, this is not the first time she is coming out with me (we even had done Bangalore to Mysore in one hour) it might be because of my brother…
Umm, Man that is fast. Enjoy your drive and same time allow others to enjoy on road

I think you should reduce your "shorthands" and include some pictures to make it more interesting and readable.

Endha vaaram, Shimoga vaaram [sorry cant translate]

Last edited by mjothi : 18th November 2008 at 16:48.
Old 18th November 2008, 16:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Umm, Man that is fast. Enjoy your drive and same time allow others to enjoy on road
Endha vaaram, Shimoga vaaram [sorry cant translate]
1 hr to mysore??? That too on a bike
I doubt it. 130+kms in 1 hr , It's almost next to impossible.
The fastest I have ever done Bangalore - Srirangapatna was almost more than an hour.

Endha vaaram, Shimoga vaaram TRANSLTED
THIS WEEK, SHIMOGA WEEK ;-)

Last edited by sushrutha : 18th November 2008 at 17:01.
Old 18th November 2008, 18:15   #4
BHPian

@mjothi : Thanx for the comment, will be taken care henceforth
Old 18th November 2008, 18:18   #5
BHPian

@sushrutha : yea on that particular day there was no traffic and no pitstops..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks