Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 15:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

I am really happy that people are thinking about Ganapatipule and Konkan rather than Goa.
Welcome to Maharashtra unlimited.
Thanks Hari for beautiful travelogue.
Come to konkan and enjoy the best beaches, nice weather, no crowd, tasty fish and honest people.
Old 9th December 2008, 15:18   #32
BHPian

Excellent pictures there!

Specially the sunset ones are amazing...

Looks like jhansi ki rani is the new brand ambasador for vodafone....or airtel maybe

The hayabusa ,was that in mahableshwar? ( apologies if you have already mentioned,did a quick glance on the write up)...

No shirdi pics?inside the temple complex?
Old 9th December 2008, 15:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Lukeskywalker alias Hari

Very well captured pictures and write ups. I was never a photo or a camera philic. (That was my wife's complaint during my marriage and reception!!).
But after reading through the travelogues like yours, Now I have started using my Digicam and the personal laptop more. You also made me nostalgic with your Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani information as that was my Honeymoon destination!!

Keep up the interest!!
HVKumar many thanks for your contributions in this area!! Truly appreciate it!
Old 9th December 2008, 16:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you guys are now planning to hire a bus (since the number of people who want to do what Hari did seems to be increasing) can we put our two bits in for two seats?
Well, though it is indeed a good idea, people on the forum would obviously like to drive out in their vehicles rather than be driven around, in any case you are most welcome.

Quote:
The hayabusa ,was that in mahableshwar?
Yes, it was in Mahabaleshwar. I took the snap with the owner's permission.

Quote:
Come to konkan and enjoy the best beaches, nice weather, no crowd, tasty fish and honest people.
+1 to that, MH is indeed wonderful and with wonderful people. It was my first visit and I was truly impressed.

Quote:
No shirdi pics?inside the temple complex?
Like I have mentioned, we had to leave behind all cameras and cell phones while entering the temple complex, I think that is getting to be the norm in all major religious places now.

Thank you one and all for your kind words of appreciation.
Warm regards,
Hari.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 9th December 2008 at 16:52.
Old 9th December 2008, 17:14   #35
BHPian

Hi luke, wonderful naratio and great pics. Kudos for doing the trip steady at 110 kmph in those awesome highways
Old 10th December 2008, 05:35   #36
BHPian

Kudos Hari. Nice writeup and well taken pictures. Really enjoyed your travelogue as always. Nice way to start the day after reading a well written travelogue!!
Old 10th December 2008, 11:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

Trip Sheet

Here's the trip log of the whole journey, there may be small errors in the initial run (Distance covered Vs time taken) as I had to decipher my wife's scribble on the move.

Shirdi time.xls

Regards,
Hari.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:22   #38
Team-BHP Support

Another lovely travelogue, Hari. The amount of travelling you and your wife do is amazing.
Old 10th December 2008, 15:04   #39
BHPian

LukeTheSkywalker aka Hari,

Super is all I can say, as I am no master of English. Last one and half hours, all I was doing was going through each and every word of your travelogue and each and every photographs. I must say, that you have a excellent knack of composing your photographs and your camera has done justice to the same. Frankly, I haven't read your earlier travelogues, but as I gather from fellow Tbhpians, you have written many more and I will search for them over the weekend to savour them.

Also, as Ashish (Ashishpallod) has mentioned, there are sevral virgin beaches on the Konkan coast that simply take your breath away. To name few, Tarkarli Beach, Guhagar Beach, Velneshwar Beach, Diveagar Beach and Kashid / Nagaon beach are some of the most scintillating beaches that would becon you to come back again and again.

Also the combination of Mahabaleshwar (Hill Station) and one of the Konkan Beach is an ideal way to plan a quick holiday (atleast for us Puneities). You get best of both the worlds in one trip. Driving through thick fog in late evening or early morning in Mahabaleshwar cannot be described in words and at the same time, to describe first dip into ocean water is just not possible for me to pen down in any language.

Once again, a very refreshing travelogue and the time worth spent to read every word. May you have more such planned trips and travelogues to follow there after.

take care and drive safely
Old 12th December 2008, 22:53   #40
Ice
BHPian

Luke this is brilliant! Congrats on a brilliant driving trip..done in style, my friend
Old 15th December 2008, 12:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Nicely put up trip log Hari,
Really felt like visiting some of those places while reading thru.
Old 15th December 2008, 13:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hari I don't know how I missed this travelogue and I travelled the very next day to Chikmagalur.

I simply love the " Lonely Planet " shot, good creativity there. What mileage did you pull off for the whole drive ?
Old 15th December 2008, 13:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What mileage did you pull off for the whole drive ?
I got about 13.2 km/lt, could have got more but for the ghats.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

V nice travelogue Hari, enjoyed going through it.

I am v sure i will add "Ganapathipule" to my travel list, Will be going to Shirdi soon. so will buzz you to take more info
Old 15th December 2008, 17:57   #45
BHPian

Luke:
I completely missed this brilliant travelogue (been busy traveling myself .

As usual, lovely narration and excellent pictures. Makes it far more interesting for people like me who haven't visited any of thes places.

-GT-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks