Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2008, 17:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Well how did you like the food? Did you get any of the authentic dishes?
Eg:
Pandi curry-Pork curry
Koli curry-Chicken curry
Nooput-Rice noodles
Paaput-Like a rice cake
Kadambut-Dumplings???
Old 2nd January 2009, 11:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

@arsudarsan: Thanks, I like writing but sometimes get too lazy to get to the pen and paper
@maddy: yes I had pandi and koli. Lip smacking!
Old 1st February 2009, 16:25   #18

Hi,

I am planning to do coorg trip around 14th Feb. Can you please let me know the phone number of Hotel Capitol Village so that I can make an advance booking.

cheers
Old 6th February 2009, 22:31   #19
BHPian

Nice travelogue. Saw it late.

Reminds me of my last trip to Coorg in May, last year. Been to Bylakuppe on the way to Madikeri (missed Nisargadhama) and Dubare on the way back. The day in the middle visited Talcauvery and treked up the hill beside it. We were pretty early in the morning, and hardly any people in Talcauvery.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:28   #20
VMG
BHPian

need contact number and email address of capitol village pl.
I would like to make an advance booking.
thanks
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:14   #21

Ph No : 08272 220428/200135
cell : 9449762337(Mohan i guess)

It is a very good place to stay, ask them for the first floor room, also do bargin while booking(1250 or less). But there is no TV or Phone connection. It is very hard to call a boy if any help needed.
Old 4th March 2009, 20:32   #22

Best route to take to Coorg

Hi
I am planning to visit Coorg this weekend. I will leave 6th march Friday morning at around 5:00am. I will leave Coorg for Bangalore at 10:00am on Sunday. The car is a FIAT Palio MJD SDX Diesel. I have my wife for company. I will be staying at the Club Mahindra Resort. I wanted to know the best route to Coorg. I am located on Sarjapur Road (Bellendur gate)
I gathered from earlier posts that the route to take is:

NICE road from Hosur road - Kanakapura Road - Mysore Road - Srirangapatna - Take right from here towards Brindavan Garden, Ranganathitthu Bird Sanctuary - Bannimantap - 18kms to Elwala- Hunsur Road --- Piriyapatna - Kushalnagar - Suntikoppal - Madikeri.

1. Needed confirmation that this is the best route to take or if there is an alternative route.
2. Is it possible to visit all the key spots from Club Mahindra Resort i.e. Raja's Seat, madikere Fort, Abbi Falls, Talacauvery, Dubare, Bylekuppe (heard there is a monstery here) in the 2 days that I am in Coorg?
3. Anything specific I need to look out for and keep in mind during this trip?

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th March 2009 at 21:18. Reason: font tags
Old 4th March 2009, 21:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

@kuriananoop:

Your plan is perfect, have a great time there. I think Club Mahindra is bit away from coorg but you can cover the places around Coorg including Bagamandala and talakaveri, If you can climb those steps behind talacavery to reach top of hill (10 min trekk but tiresome especially in summer) for beautifull view all around.

In dubare I heard they allow visitors to interact with elephants who play football etc.. with human, be sure to take some pictures as I am visiting there in few months.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th March 2009, 22:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuriananoop View Post
Hi

NICE road from Hosur road - Kanakapura Road - Mysore Road - Srirangapatna - Take right from here towards Brindavan Garden, Ranganathitthu Bird Sanctuary - Bannimantap - 18kms to Elwala- Hunsur Road --- Piriyapatna - Kushalnagar - Suntikoppal - Madikeri.

[/b]
Anoop that is the best route for Coorg and eenjoy your stay at Club Mahindra.

If possible go to Abbey & Iruppu falls, which is very good.
Old 5th March 2009, 09:11   #25
BHPian

Anoop
Talacauvery needs more than half day. If you start little early in morning may be 6 or 7 AM then you are back by lunch. After lunch if not tired you go other places like Abby falls to chill out. Nice place
Dubare you can visit on the way while coming back but be there before 12 noon otherwise you will miss all fun with elephants etc
Bylekuppe (heard there is a monastery here) Really a good one. You can cover this while going to Coorg. It is in Kushal Nagar.
Also you can peep in Nisargdham while coming back and after visiting Dubare. It is 7 KM I guess from Dubare. It is full of bamboo and can have elephant rides and feed deers etc.
Raja seat is best in morning or evening if the day is not hot.
Hope this helps

Last edited by aka_iitd : 5th March 2009 at 09:15.
Old 5th March 2009, 15:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I speak from months of being associated with such a boss.
I hope your Mr. Hari Sadu isn't a Team BHPian himself... You will have a nice time at work then

By the way, what were the temperatures like in Coorg? Is it cool (at least pleasant) during the day?
Old 5th March 2009, 17:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
I hope your Mr. Hari Sadu isn't a Team BHPian himself... You will have a nice time at work then

By the way, what were the temperatures like in Coorg? Is it cool (at least pleasant) during the day?
No No, not at all, he is in fact quite the opposite. One takes these factors into consideration before making such inflammatory statements

Temperatures were absolutely amazing, ideal for a holiday. I think winters the best time to go to Coorg, unless you have a 4WD, in which case monsoons would be amazing too!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 5th March 2009 at 17:29.
Old 5th March 2009, 19:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post

The temperature here is quite a bit now. Its misty early mornings till about 8-9am and then gets hot. Cools down again by around 5pm.
Old 11th March 2009, 15:07   #29

Trip to Coorg

Thank you all for your inputs into my query on the route to take to Coorg and the various places to visit. I am penning down a short note on my trip and my experiences.
The route taken was NICE road from Hosur road - Kanakapura Road - Mysore Road - Srirangapatna - Take right from here towards Brindavan Garden, Ranganathitthu Bird Sanctuary - Bannimantap - 18kms to Elwala- Hunsur Road --- Piriyapatna - Kushalnagar - Suntikoppal - Madikeri.
We left Bangalore at 5:15am from Sarjapur Road in my Fiat Palio SDX Black. I had been longing to give it a good drive for a long time. I took the short cut to Hosur road and then hit the Nice road and landed at Kanakpura road. I am not sure how but my wife and I did get confused on the way and lost about 20 minutes when we got on to the wrong road some where on Nice road. We had breakfast at Kamat Lokaruchi on the way. The road till Kushalnagar is good (managed to touch 150kmsph at one place). We took the shortcut through the bird sanctuary as advised. Reached Kushalnagar at around 10:30 or so. We visited the monastery at Bylekuppe as advised and had a feast of all the momos i could eat at one of the joints near the monastery. There seemed to be only one place where we could have a decent bite here. Left Kushal Nagar at about 12:30 and reached Club Mahindra resort at about 2:00pm. Checked in, lazed about the rest of the day at the resort. Visited Abbey falls the next day on Saturday. We had some local food at one of the hotels before coming back to the resort. Left the resort again in the evening for Rajas seat, took a ride of the Toy train and enjoyed the musical fountain before heading back. Checkout of the resort the next day, stopped by Dubare camp but could not feed/bathe the elephants since it was about 11:30 when we reached. The feeding/ bathing gets over at 10:30. We did a bit of rafting in the lake before we left again for Nisargdham. We spent some time at a stream there before we let for Bangalore. Stopped by at McDonald's for snacks and reached back home at 9:30pm.
Overall it was a fun trip, enjoyed the drive. We covered most of the places in 2 days. The road is bad after Kushalnagar but gets slightly better as you near Madikeri. I was looking out for mud humps on the road till Kushal nagar and found a couple. Most of them have been flattened or removed. The best part was that my MJD seemed happy to stretch his wings after lying low in the basement for a few months. Added a couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Paradise on Earth: Bangalore-Coorg-Bangalore-coorg1.jpg  

Paradise on Earth: Bangalore-Coorg-Bangalore-coorg2.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2009, 20:33   #30
BHPian

Folks,
Me and my friends families are planning to drive down from chennai in 2 cars to coorg and plan to stay there till sunday noon and return to chennai.
Any suggestions on good ,decent not so expensive stay (homestay?).
Pls advice.

tnx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks