Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 10:00   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai, happy to be of inspiration to someone
You bet Ramkya! Seeing your logs, I started keeping a logbook for the last five months, a small pocket diary( and when I bought it,my son and wife were making fun of me papa going to school again ), keep recording the details, petrol filling frequency,odo readings, tolls and it is an eye opener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Just re-visited my logs briefly today; seems like a dream to read it again, great to have sites like this to travel down the memory lane and share it with like minder ppl.
And it is precisely for this reason that I wrote a travelogue, may help others but more than anything, I can walk down the memory lane when ever I want to.

Anyday, I would not mind visiting Rajasthan again. Nice travelogue mate!! I still have to complete the rest of my travelogue.

Nainar
Nainar
Old 4th November 2009, 16:25   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
You bet Ramkya! Seeing your logs, I started keeping a logbook for the last five months, a small pocket diary( and when I bought it,my son and wife were making fun of me papa going to school again ), keep recording the details, petrol filling frequency,odo readings, tolls and it is an eye opener.

And it is precisely for this reason that I wrote a travelogue, may help others but more than anything, I can walk down the memory lane when ever I want to.

Anyday, I would not mind visiting Rajasthan again. Nice travelogue mate!! I still have to complete the rest of my travelogue.

Nainar
Nainar
100% agree with you anainar !!

Cheers, Sam
Old 26th November 2009, 00:02   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
After everybody decided and zeroed in on Jaisalmer, finalising dates, finding a decnt place and getting bookings was the next project. Since my kids get winter vacation from 23rd Dec till 7th Jan, this period suited me the best and almost to all. After a couple of email exchanges the dates finalised were 25th to 28th. I suggested Moomal the RTDC joint in J'mer; my wife had stayed there and vouched for its excellant food. Went to Bikaner House near India Gate in Delhi to enquire and make bookings and found out that all rooms were sold out and booked at least two months in advance. To say that we were late was an understatement. To cut the story short, Vaishali through her good contacts managed to get us booking for 6 rooms in Hotel Jaisal Palace with a night's stay in tents in the desert at Khuri. Total cost per couple - Rs.6700/- inclusive of breakfast & dinner. For me, she managed to get Gauri's charge waived off. I thank her for this gesture. Jaisal Palace accepted payment online and Priyanka paid the 50% for all of us through her netbanking. And we all transferred our share to her bank later on, except Roshun who was in B'lore attending her sister's wedding. He would do it after his return, but that was not to be. We will come to that later.

To utilise the stay maximum, we decided to leave at 00:00 hrs on the 25th, so as to reach J'mer by 3 pm. Also the idea was that since the fog used to settle generally after 2 am, we wanted to beat that. I normally don't like to drive in the night, but fell in line. Preparations got underway. An example of what it means:

List of accessories present in the Bull always:

1. 12V Air compressor
2. Complete set of fuses
3. 2 sets of spare standard HL bulbs
4. Standard jack & handle
5. 5 ltr can of water
6. Garden Umbrella
7. Spare main belt & PS belt
8. Heavy duty jumper cable
9. Floor mat (to go under the truck)
10. 1 tube
11. 3' solid steel rod
12. Bilora Pro tripod
13. 5' solid oiled wooden staff
14. Assorted tool box
15. 3M double-sided tape
16. Steelgrip insulation tape
17. Wire stripper
18. Car invertor
19. A tubeless repair kit

What will be carried as an extra:

1. Spare 12V Air compressor
2. 2 ton hydraulic jack

The date started approaching and the meeting point was decided. It was to be Guptas' place in GGN. SS & V were to come straight from office at around 7 pm and rest. Rest were to assemble there and leave at the appointed time.

And then the jinx struck........

To be continued.......................
Sir was organising stuff for my Rajasthan trip in December. Which 12V Air Compressor do you use? I bought one for around 500 bucks from Reliance Autozone and its completely useless. Please suggest.
Old 1st December 2009, 15:37   #124
Senior - BHPian

I bought this Chinese made 12V air compressor from my accessories guy and it has served me well till date. It costed me a thou and it was quite sometime back.

Sorry for the delay in reply as I was travelling to Rajasthan. You shall find a mention of it in this section itself..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Sir was organising stuff for my Rajasthan trip in December. Which 12V Air Compressor do you use? I bought one for around 500 bucks from Reliance Autozone and its completely useless. Please suggest.
Old 11th January 2012, 11:54   #125
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gurgaon - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Bikaner - Gurgaon

Hello GD1418,

Just completed running through all the nine pages of your Travelogue. Thank you for suggesting me to read this one. I have bookmarked your travelogue & it will definitely help me in exploring Jaisalmer, Jodhpur & Bikaner.

I also appreciate the manner you have written the entire Travelogue. The reader feels he is the part of the team visiting these places. Also you have started the thread very well with introduction of all the members of your team.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks