Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2009, 19:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
No recent travelogues from you yet,looks like you haven't ventured into any trips offlate.
Ya Vijay had some plans but had to postpone them because of a guy called Ramalinga Raju. Untill things get normal which I hope it will I am on a costcutting mode .

Abhi
Old 13th February 2009, 14:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Day 5: Dec29th: From Jog Falls to Colva Beach

The lazy bug I am in writing the travelogues, I decided to complete the same as its almost 3 weeks since I last updated.

Day 5: 29th Dec:
From Jog Falls we hit the road by 9:00AM in the morning on our way to Goa (Colva Beach) which was about 220Km and the stretch basically covered was
Jog Falls ----> Honnavar ----->Kumta ------> Ankola -----> Karwar -----> Canacona ------> Colva Beach . The road traversed was NH206 from Jog Falls which merged into the NH17 and once again its the Coastal Stretch covering "KA" and into "GA". The drive was just good enough with nice NH-17 roads and the only complaint about NH-17 is that its not a 4 lane road and excelt for that fact, it was a nice scenic drive with lovely beaches all around the Karanataka Coast going into Goa.

The following pics were taken @ Colva Beach

Magnificent Sunset
Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-ss1.jpg

Soothing Sight

Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-sunset3.jpg

Sunset @ Colva Beach
Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-ss2.jpg

That night we spent in Colva beach @ a place called Fisherman's Wharf right by the shore with each room costing around Rs 700 bucks because of the year end else the same rooms were definitely worth not more than Rs 400.

In the next morning of Dec 30th ,we went across in the boat ride and spotted a lone dolphin and after ferrying around in the boat for some more time headed back to cottage and were good enough to cruise the highways again towards Ganapatipule. Its been great driving since 5 days now and there is not even an iota of fatigue in me as to me this was an altogether a great drive with excellent ghats that we covered and above all a scenic drive ever ventured out by me.

A Lone Dolphin Spotted
Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-dolp.jpg

Day 6 : Dec 28th : Started from Colva beach by around 10:00AM towards Ganapatipule and the route covered was

Colva Beach------> Chicalim----->Panaji-------> Mapusa -----> Sindhudurg ----> Kudal ---->Hatkhamba -----------> Ganapatipule

The total distance was around 250Kms and we reached Ganapatipule @ about 3:00PM with stoppages for food and fuel inbetween and enjoying the drive throughout.

We checked into a private resort right across the sea for a decent price of Rs 1500 (Bungalow type cottage having 3 rooms) for the entire seven members. Did the darshan @ the temple and then headed back to the cottage to hit the bed after savoring some nice food @ the resort's restaurant.

After Sunset View from Balcony @ GP
Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-gp1.jpg

The next Morning Dec 31st we started from GP to Mahabhaleshwar enroute to Pune.
Old 13th February 2009, 15:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We checked into a private resort right across the sea for a decent price of Rs 1500 (Bungalow type cottage having 3 rooms)

which resort at ganapatipule?

man, you are fast forwarding the travelogue.
Old 13th February 2009, 15:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey VJ,

Wonderful and a mammoth of a trip! Great photos, but then, of the 1000 ones, there hardly seems to be any here! Very small fraction. :(

So, how did the vehicle perform? And what about the mileage?

And keep posting... and as mentioned by AshishPallod, are you fast-forwarding?
Old 13th February 2009, 16:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Day 7: GP to Mahabhaleshwar enroute to Pune

Day 7 : Dec31st

We started off pretty early by 6:30 AM towards Mahabhaleshwar with an intention to reach Pune by 7:00PM or so in the evening. The road traversed from GP to Mahabhaleshwar was

GP --------> Kalshet ------->Khed --------> Mahabhaleshwar . A total distance of 160Kms which was really interesting as there was dense fog in the morning with low visibility. But the drive again was fun and we almost reached the fag end of this journey settling down @ Pune for the night, only to be reminded that I need to go back to Bangalore.

The journey was indeed fun and with regular NH-4 driving I used to do and got accustomed to, this NH-17 drive was in a league of its own with beautiful sceneries all across and during this course I certainly graduated into a seasoned ghat road driver. These are the final few pics of the journey from GP to Mahabhaleshwar.

Sunrise Pics @ GP
Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-sunrisegp1.jpg

Sunrise Pic Going from GP to Mahabhaleshwar

Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-sunrisegp2.jpg

Sammy's Aveo ahead with low visibility in the morning
Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-311220081807.jpg

Sammy cruising through the fog
Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-311220081808.jpg

The road ahead
Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-311220081815.jpg

Mahabhaleshwar Hill route view
Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-311220081832.jpg

Patchy Roads enroute to Mahabhaleshwar Hill Top
Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-311220081826.jpg

Mountain Range view while crusing through the ghat road to Mahabhaleshwar
Year End Getaway with family covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and back to KA in 7 days-311220081837.jpg

The whole journey was fun except while entering into and going out of Goa for the cops trying to get the better off me but I always used to point to the MH regd vehicle and shout @ saying "Unkey saath hain" . Nothing nagging about the cops except that I felt that they would obviosly check for liquor while going out of Goa and hence try to squeeze me out for mint.

I just laid back on the 1st of Jan taking a complete rest and then it was business as usual for me on Jan 2nd ,cruising the NH4 back to Bangy from Pune. Damn ! It was one crazy drive covering KA,TN,KL,GA,MH and then back to KA again.
Old 14th February 2009, 00:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

@ashishpallod: Ashish ! I think it was Aditya Enclave, need to confirm with my Bro-In-Law who was managing all that part. The MTDC @ GP was filled up and hence checked into this private resort right across the shore with attached restaurant and some real nice cottages.

I ain't fast forwarding Ashish ! Its just that travelogue writing is too much for me and knowing me I am surprised @ myself that I did upload the pics and then written stuff to it. Need to learn from experts here.

@HappyWheels: Suresh ! Yes it was a great trip and to me I just loved the drive and regarding the pics, some might look redundant and some with folks around in it and after filtering whatever were left, I posted it here.

"Maverick" did well as usual giving me 17.7KMPL on some sectors and mostly it was around 16KMPL.
Old 14th February 2009, 12:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey VJ,

Am sure that you would have had a great drive... over so many terrains and picturesque locations. And yes, go ahead and post the pic.

17.7 / 16 kmpl.... mmm... isn't that kind of low?
Old 14th February 2009, 23:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Hey VJ,

Am sure that you would have had a great drive... over so many terrains and picturesque locations. And yes, go ahead and post the pic.

17.7 / 16 kmpl.... mmm... isn't that kind of low?
Well ! Thats the bad part of having FFE and Suresh ! I aint much of a FE guy and honestly with such lovely ghat roads and scenic locations it took a baskseater
Old 15th February 2009, 08:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well ! Thats the bad part of having FFE and Suresh ! I aint much of a FE guy and honestly with such lovely ghat roads and scenic locations it took a baskseater
Hahaha.... guess we are all guilty of the same crime when we see a lovely road!

And yes, with the FFE, it is more of an addiction!
Old 15th February 2009, 16:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its just that travelogue writing is too much for me
writing part is always too much for everyone including me too.
writing can be compensated with more pics. e.g. kolkatawala banglorian basu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks