Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2009, 04:32   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ahh! So finally one Basu meets the another Basu. The only commonality i see is both love to crunch on miles.
Yes as I say to most Call Center People when they dont get the spelling right. "Basu as in Bipasha Basu!"

That was KA not KL

its here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nh206-nh7.html

You may see my HYD-DEL run posts

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...es-8-days.html

and videos at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...es-8-days.html (Bonnetcam® 8 States = 8 Days)
btirthankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2009, 06:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

I was talking about the Miss KL thingy.

Seen and admired the 8 states 8 days travelogue. Intend to do the Hyd -Del some time in June most likely via Mumbai.
Old 12th April 2009, 14:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
. Intend to do the Hyd -Del some time in June most likely via Mumbai.
bhai jub jayega bolna ,mereko mumbai tak lift de dena.

dont have to say this ,mumbai -delhi is smooth sailing ,you can stop over to do some nice sight seeing at udaipur,jaipur etc before you reach delhi
Old 2nd August 2015, 10:06   #19
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Hyderabad Trip

I am planning a road trip to Hyderabad and Puducherry in Dec 2015 with my SX4. I already have done delhi-nagpur in one day in 2014 taking the NS corridor. This time I want to drive down to nagpur the same day I start from delhi. Give a night halt at nagpur and reach Hyderabad the next day. I only hope that Gwalior -Jhansi stretch is better then what it was in 2014.
Want some inputs regarding nagpur- hyderabad and Hyderabd to Puducherry route. Haven't been on the route ever.
Old 2nd August 2015, 14:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactgautam View Post
I am planning a road trip to Hyderabad and Puducherry in Dec 2015 with my SX4. I already have done delhi-nagpur in one day in 2014 taking the NS corridor. This time I want to drive down to nagpur the same day I start from delhi. Give a night halt at nagpur and reach Hyderabad the next day. I only hope that Gwalior -Jhansi stretch is better then what it was in 2014.
Want some inputs regarding nagpur- hyderabad and Hyderabd to Puducherry route. Haven't been on the route ever.

Hi Nagpur to Hyderabad the road, almost the entire stretch was in very good condition in June this year too. We have driven this route several times - Nagpur - Hinghanghat-Adilabad - Nirmal - Hyderabad. Near Hinghanghat railway Gate you will find the road in bad condition but that is not a big issue. Also near Adilabad the roads are being laid but you can do a good speed. Otherwise the rest of the route, roads are in very good condition. The distance of about 500 kms can easily be done in about 7 hours.
Krishnan V G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:55   #21
BHPian

Driving on these roads is a complete mental torture, it reminded me of Meerut-Karnal road which gives you a feeling as if artillery shelling has just taken place on it.

I am thankful to you for sharing your experience. I might have to driver Delhi-Secunderabad in September and without an iota of doubt, I would be taking NH-8, on which I have driven till Vadodara without much problem.
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising_rapid View Post
Driving on these roads is a complete mental torture, it reminded me of Meerut-Karnal road which gives you a feeling as if artillery shelling has just taken place on it.

I am thankful to you for sharing your experience. I might have to driver Delhi-Secunderabad in September and without an iota of doubt, I would be taking NH-8, on which I have driven till Vadodara without much problem.
I have done Nagpur - Delhi in a single day in the month of April 2015 via North South corridor. The entire stretch is good except for Jhansi - Gwalior (90 kms takes 2 - 3 hrs depending upon timing of the day).

To get an idea and for further details, please view my post here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3722247

This thread contains the latest road updates till Hyderabad.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 5th August 2015, 13:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning a road trip to Hyderabad and Puducherry in Dec 2015 with my SX4.
Delhi-Nagpur is doable on a single day with an early morning start from Delhi and a late arrival at Nagpur.Instead of staying in Nagpur,you could stay at Butibori on the outskirts towards Hyd,which helps you get out of Nagpur quick the next morning.
http://www.hotelmayurbutibori.in/
http://www.thelegendinn.com/

Nagpur-Hyd is a 7-8hr drive.Absolutely no places to stop for food,carry food with you or pack from Nagpur.There is a Vithal Kamat at ButiBori but opens iirc at 7am only.

Hyd-Pondy,my recco would be to go via Bangalore,excellent roads.

Hyd-Bangalore is a 7-8hr drive.
Bangalore-Pondy is another 7-8hr drive.

Route is BLR-Hosur-Vellore-Arcot-Cheyyar-Vandavasi-Tindivanam-Pondy
Old 5th August 2015, 13:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Delhi-Nagpur is doable on a single day with an early morning start from Delhi and a late arrival at Nagpur.Instead of staying in Nagpur,you could stay at Butibori on the outskirts towards Hyd,which helps you get out of Nagpur quick the next morning.
http://www.hotelmayurbutibori.in/
http://www.thelegendinn.com/

Nagpur-Hyd is a 7-8hr drive.Absolutely no places to stop for food,carry food with you or pack from Nagpur.There is a Vithal Kamat at ButiBori but opens iirc at 7am only.

Hyd-Pondy,my recco would be to go via Bangalore,excellent roads.

Hyd-Bangalore is a 7-8hr drive.
Bangalore-Pondy is another 7-8hr drive.

Route is BLR-Hosur-Vellore-Arcot-Cheyyar-Vandavasi-Tindivanam-Pondy
Isn't Puducherry via bangalore be a longer route. If I am right up & down from Hyderabad to Pondicherry should be around be 1500kms. How much will it be via bengaluru.
Old 5th August 2015, 18:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't Puducherry via bangalore be a longer route. If I am right up & down from Hyderabad to Pondicherry should be around be 1500kms. How much will it be via bengaluru.
Bangalore route does add about 100 km over Hyderabad-Narketapally-Addanki-Ongole-Red Hills-Chennai Bypass-Vandalur-Tindivanam-Pondicherry road. Hyderabad-Madras takes about 10-11 hrs, Madras-Pondy takes about 3-4 hrs.

Bangalore route has Bangalore-Attibele-Hosur traffic to deal with (can be circumvented doing Devanahalli-Hoskote-Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur NH207). In Madras route, 4-lane roads has intermitent villages 6-laning near Ongole and some diversions between Tada and Red Hills. Depending on the time you near Madras you could have traffic in Red Hills-Vandalur Chennai Bypass and at Vandalur.

Timing is critical crossing Madras or Bangalore depending on the route you choose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks