Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 03:59   #1
BHPian

Ride to start the year with bang

First ride for the year 2009 was planned. I sent a leave request to my manager who said he cannot promise the leave. Tentative was my plan till he confirmed on the last day that I can take it. Happy I was, had to get the bike washed and other stuff prepared for the ride...

Kept alarm to wake me up at 3:00 AM as the ride was scheduled on 24th Jan 2009 at 5:00 AM. My clock was punctual but I failed to get up. Got up at 5:00, even Prasanna to my luck was late. So, we met at 7:00 AM near Kanakapura road and decided to meet other fellas on the way to Kalpetta, Kerala.

So, the group was:
1. Vasanth - Hero Honda Karizma
2. Santoosh - Yamaha R15
3. Dr Prithvi - Avenger 200
4. Prasanna - Pulsar 180
5. Diwakar - Hero Honda Karizma
6. Vinay - Avenger 200
7. Renu Kumar(me) - Yamaha Gladiator 125

Rode till we stopped at Shivalli for breakfast. We called the other guys and they were in Mysore. Had to be cautious as there were new speed breakers at Mysore. Reached Mysore fast but the road to Nanjangudu was very confusing. We roamed all over Mysore till we got the highway that led to Nanjangudu. Wasted more than an hour. We rode non stop till we met the rest of the group near Gundulpete.

From Gundulpete the roads were butter smooth and we thought no more stops and we made it to Meppadi, a town in Kerala through Sultan Bathery and Kalpetta. Booked a room with help of Prasanna's contacts. Dumped our bags and went for lunch. Sadly, our hungry stomachs were fed with sad tasting food but we had no option. Took rest for some time and we headed to local sight seeing to watch the sun set. From there I came back to the room where a local event was happening and others went to Kalpetta.

Morning we got up late. Me and Prasanna had to go back to Bangalore the same day. We all rode together to Mallapura falls and thought we would break the ride from there. Traffic jams made us wait for more than 2 hours. We had to ride back to Meppadi from where me and Prasanna peg scraped throughout.

In brief, it was a great two day and night ride :-)

Route:
Bangalore-->Mysore-->Nanjangudu-->Gundlupete-->Sulthan Bathery-->Kalpetta-->Meppadi and the same route back.

Odo reading start: 7366
Odo reading end: 8062
Total kms: 696
Total fuel consumed: 13 ltrs
Problems: None

About my bike: It is just a 125cc bike but with great efficiency. It behaved like a big bike throughout. No problems that I can think of. Maintained constant speeds ranging 70kmph to 100kmph. Handling is better than any bike in its segment or above. Only sore bit is the top speed and commuter like handlebar and footpeg position.

Yamaha, nothing else matters :-) The bike makes me proud...

Photos:
My Photo Gallery, by RenuKumar :: Fotopic.Net

Best regards,
Renu Kumar
Old 6th February 2009, 04:54   #2
BHPian

@RenuKumar: nice ride and a even better log. it would be great if you could post a few pics here.
@mods: a travelogue section exclusively for the motorbikes is the need of the hour. that would encourage people to post about their rides and riding experiences. hope it gets started soon
Old 6th February 2009, 08:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

1) Please post more of the experience about riding the bikes. It can prove helpful for many. Also write more about the roads and their conditions.

2) If possible upload a few photos here.

3) Isin't it that this thread should be in Travelogues - Team-BHP section ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks