Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 11:54   #31
BHPian

Good travelogue and great pictures, Abhi.

Would love to know the name of the restaurant where you had lunch in Mangalore (though you said you don't remember). On NH17 is it? There aren't many on the NH. Was it immediately after passing Mangalore (after the big circle) but before the bridge? Pegasus is what I have in mind.
Old 18th March 2009, 13:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
abhi1309, many tomorrows have gone and we still don't have your FE figures!
I am done with the calculations, posting the figures after this post. Sorry for the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
great travelogue and excellent pics.
love the waterfall pic.
Thanks, that is the Athirapilly falls. Quite a walk all the way down but beautiful at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskumar View Post
Which GPS Software you are using and what is the feedback about accuracy of Highway Maps ?
I was using a combination of Nokia Maps 2.0 and Nav4all. Nav4all is a great software for navigation since it has built in free voice navigation which is decently accurate and performes well on my E90 without any crashes or errors. Regarding Nokia Maps, well Nokia people think they are amazing and have priced there navigation exhorbitantly. Of course I did not purchase it but I was using it mostly to make sure I am on the right track/road since it continously shows your movement across the road (that it does for free). You can easily get to know of petrol pumps, restaurants and auto centers coming your way on the map and labels the roads neatly. It sure is good to have both.

Nav4all is free and it did not have cochin in it at all, I tried all spellings and even Ernakulam or Edapally but it did not have any. It had all the other smaller places around Kochi, the names of which you need to know to reach them.

Both work well and I would recommend a combination of both running simultaneously on your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
Abhi, nice travelogue and awesome pictures. That house boat is at Alleppey or Kumarakom?

Your Fiesta is truly adorable, I guess it is about the colour
That one was at Kumarakom behind waterscapes, near a forestish trail that we were walking through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Good travelogue and great pictures, Abhi.

Would love to know the name of the restaurant where you had lunch in Mangalore (though you said you don't remember). On NH17 is it? There aren't many on the NH. Was it immediately after passing Mangalore (after the big circle) but before the bridge? Pegasus is what I have in mind.
You are damn right. Pegasus it was and came on the left side of the road when going towards Kochi. It had a lounge as well besides. Amazing place to eat at.
Old 18th March 2009, 14:09   #33
BHPian

FE Figures finally

Okay no major breakthroughs here

I filled up my car about 9 times including the first tank up that I did in Pune. To give you an approximate idea I am posting the amounts I filled up for, in case any of you are going on a similar trip.

Pune - Rs. 2040
Margao, Goa - Rs. 1600
Varamballi, Brahmavar on NH17 - Rs. 692
Kasaragod - Rs. 1140
Ernakulam - Rs. 1350
Near Athirapilly - Rs. 500
Thanneermukkom - Rs. 1150
Taliparamba - Rs. 1250
Colvale, Goa - Rs. 1050

Total: 10772 / 43 = 250.5 Approximately

I took the average cost of fuel as Rs 43, since I was filling up regular as well as Speed/Power depending on the availability.

The total highway driving during the trip was 3350 kms and I drove another 300 kms in the city with the rest of the fuel remaining in the tank after the trip. So about 3650 Kms / 250.5 = 14.57 kmpl

This included extensive driving in Pune city and Kochi city as well, with A/C 90% on and a lot of sight seeing around the town.

MODS: Could you please append "FE Figures updated" at the end of the thread name? Thanks.
abhi1309 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2009, 17:02   #34
BHPian

Some awesome pics there, you stayed in some nice places. Must have been great fun. What's the total damage all inclusive? Every time I read these super exciting travelogues I feel like taking off but then procrastination and work pressure always get the better of me.
Old 1st April 2009, 17:49   #35
BHPian

I love your style of writing. The photos are brilliant! Any touching up or is that original? And what camera?
Old 1st April 2009, 17:50   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Some awesome pics there, you stayed in some nice places. Must have been great fun. What's the total damage all inclusive? Every time I read these super exciting travelogues I feel like taking off but then procrastination and work pressure always get the better of me.
Total was about less than 25K, but I stayed for free half the time at my friends place in Cochin. It worked out decent because of that. But it can get ridiculous if you are staying in KTDC everyday
Old 1st April 2009, 19:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I love your style of writing. The photos are brilliant! Any touching up or is that original? And what camera?
Haahaa. The camera was a Panasonic Lumix FZ-18, I shot mostly at 3mp while I took the RAW's at 6mp which was selected by default whenever you change the format from JPEG to RAW. I used Silkypix to develop them and a few enhancements here and there, whats the point of the FZ otherwise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks