Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 10:44   #1
BHPian

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.

A couple of weeks ago I had been to Angsana Spa, on Doddaballapur road. This was no pleasure trip though... it was for an offsite training and team meeting. Angsana is located in a residential gated community called 'Northwest Country', a Prestige group property. There are a couple of villas in some of the plots around Angsana, but most of the place is still vacant.

Angsana is part of an international chain of spas & resorts, a sister brand of Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts. They have several properties spread across the Asia-Pacific.

Reaching the place was not a problem. Since it was a Tuesday morning, I expected rush hour traffic to start at around 8.00am and started a little early from home, at 7.30am. Crossed the Hebbal flyover and asked a couple of auto-men for directions and reached Doddaballapur road. From here it was just a straight drive till Rajanakunte and reached Angsana by around 9.00am.

Since the rest of the team would arrive only by around 10.30am, I quickly checked into my room and walked around to explore the place. Angsana is apparently famous for their spa and massage facilities. They also have the usual pool, gym, tennis courts, bar etc.

The Angsana experience:
The place is neat, well maintained, lots of greenery around and can probably be a good weekend getaway from the city, albiet a little on the expensive side. [Depending on the day of the week, the group size etc. you can negotiate a better deal than the standard rack-rates.]

Food was good, a little on the milder side since the place is frequented by quite a few expats and the buffet was prepared to cater to all palates.

Now, if you were to ask me to comment on the spa / massage / pool etc. Sorry! cant do that :-( Though my initial thought was that I would try out all the facilities, the training + meeting schedule was so tightly packed for both the days, except for lunch and coffee breaks, we were in the conference room till late into the evening and all I wanted to do at the end of the day was just hit the bed!

The next day we again started off early with out meeting and it was around 5.00pm by the time we wrapped up and it was time to head home. So no massage, no pool this time around... will probably plan a weekend getaway to the place sometime in the future.

Here are some pics of the place...

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-1.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-2.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-3.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-4.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-5.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-6.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-7.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-8.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-9.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-10.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-11.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-12.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-13.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-14.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-15.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-16.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-17.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-18.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-19.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-20.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-21.jpg

On the way back, I came across this hazard on the road... as if the falling planks were not dangerous enough, the planks had long nails sticking out of them....

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-22.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - Angsana Oasis Spa & resort.-23.jpg

Last edited by hotstuff : 10th March 2009 at 10:50.
Old 10th March 2009, 14:31   #2
BHPian

The spa looks good.. the pics are nicely framed and well captured.
Old 10th March 2009, 14:36   #3
BHPian

which office, boss? Angsana in recession time!!!
Old 10th March 2009, 16:39   #4
BHPian

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
The spa looks good.. the pics are nicely framed and well captured.
- Thanks @pjay_in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
- Its recession for Angsana too Most resorts offer some really great corporate discounts and if it is during the week, the rates are even less since they will be running empty otherwise.
Old 11th March 2009, 16:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thats nice report, this would help us to take our guests for 1 day timepass trip around Bangalore with less travel.

Ravi.
Old 11th March 2009, 17:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
U made me

Hotsuff: Nice photographs and waiting to for photos in your other travelogue
Old 11th March 2009, 21:19   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Thats nice report, this would help us to take our guests for 1 day timepass trip around Bangalore with less travel.

Ravi.
i dont think they take the timespass trip of about 10-15 people... i mean using the pool etc etc.( i am assuming a day trip which included using the resort facilities)
Old 11th March 2009, 21:59   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
-
- Its recession for Angsana too Most resorts offer some really great corporate discounts and if it is during the week, the rates are even less since they will be running empty otherwise.
@hotstuff: nice pictures. Were you there for the "Ron Kaufmann" training by any chance?
Old 11th March 2009, 23:44   #9
BHPian

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

Ravi.
- Yes Ravi, you can call up the resort a day in advance and drop in for a buffet lunch and spend time at the resort or you can go in for a massage / spa trip. I believe they also allow visitors to use the pool for a nominal charge.

Not sure about the weekend crowd scene, but if you drop in during a weekday, you will have the resort pretty much to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Hotsuff: Nice photographs and waiting to for photos in your other travelogue
- Thanks @Surprise, I have posted the pics in the other log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
i dont think they take the timespass trip of about 10-15 people... i mean using the pool etc etc.( i am assuming a day trip which included using the resort facilities)
- @madhukar_n, most vistors to the place seemed to be dropping in to use the pool / spa. Very few were staying there overnight. They allow visitors to drop in for massage / use the pool for a fee etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
@hotstuff: nice pictures. Were you there for the "Ron Kaufmann" training by any chance?
- @TSEA , nope... it was an annual offsite team meeting / review session and an internal training.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks