Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2009, 10:33   #16
BANNED

Fantastic Hari - I don't expect anything less from you. Sounds like a good trip and a well-deserved break.
Old 24th March 2009, 11:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Aahh,
one more nice travelogue from you.
Nice pics, everything green there at this hot summer.
Pic of church reminded me a scene from the movie "Dilwale dulhaniya le jayenge."
Old 24th March 2009, 12:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

hari nice to see you back on the forum pal. Whats with the long lull? Its been long since I have visited Ooty now and my itch to head over has simply grown after reading your's and abhi's travelogue.

Also thats an excellent pic of Charring Cross.
Old 24th March 2009, 12:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic write up and photos Hari. Kotagiri is a nice place. There is also a Catherine Falls along the Mettupalayam road - you need to take a diversion. You can visit that place next time. I stayed for one year at the hilltop which is above the hotel you stayed at. And the church is St. Mary's church which is the main parish church in Kotagiri. Too bad, it is so far away from Pune. :(
Old 24th March 2009, 16:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hari nice to see you back on the forum pal. Whats with the long lull?
Work, my friend work, I need to work between vacations you see

@ Pjbiju
Yes Catherine falls was also recommended, but could not go there for lack of time, next time perhaps.
Old 24th March 2009, 18:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful Pictures, Hari. I've been there a long time ago to catch up with a friend. Time to catch up with him again, I guess.
Old 24th March 2009, 18:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great pics there Mr Lukeskywalker. I expected Nahar to have a slightly british styled house which would have been brilliant.

There is this chocolate shop in ooty on their main street. Well they are the best and i believe you should have gone there.

The spottings you had was awesome. A leopard and a bison is too good. I have gone so many times but i get to see only elephants all the while:-(
Old 24th March 2009, 18:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is this chocolate shop in ooty on their main street. Well they are the best and i believe you should have gone there.
The name of that shop is Kingstar, we did go there, it was way too crowded and chocolates at Modern too are good.

I came upon some Bison on the way to Kotagiri at night too, but yes, the Leopard was something unexpected.
Old 24th March 2009, 20:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hey Luke, nice travelogue.. Been to Kodanadu Viewpoint thrice and was wondering was there any place to stay nearby. I liked the place, as most of the time only a few people will be there and you can enjoy your time there. BTW can you please reveal the Stone Resort rates and contact no.s?

And about Mylari and Vidyarthi bhavan I've the exact opposite view ;-). But again, everyone have different taste buds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks