Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 11:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchontheroad View Post
decided to take a rest here after a beautiful but long day yesterday from aalo to here. took me 8 hours to do 235kms. the last 50 kms north of north lakhimpur on hwy52 were an absolute dream. 15 meters wide and newly laid asphalt and nobody on it. lots of villagers all dressed up to celebrate the last night of bihu. quite a pleasant ride.
rained heavy this morning. i'm thinking its the tail end of that cyclone which hit tezu a few days ago.
will head for balukpong tomorrow. then bomdila and then tawang on sunday. will decide my next course of action from tawang.
kumar sir, i'm thinking you'll have to go from aalo to tuting. you could then come back from tuting via yingkiong and down to pasighat. the road from pangin to pasighat is not good. i am told the road from ziro to daporijo is also not good, but ive no details on it. ziro to aalo should be something like 12-14 hours depending on the roads the people in aalo told me. this is why i came back down to assam to continue my trip.
and lifewater, you would not have to force me to come back! it was a most pleasant stay, thank you!!
it seems all the people of arunachal say daporijo has a reputation as a tough town. lots of drinking and fighting stories there. and, since its election time, most of the circuit houses (etal) are booked up for the election observers. and daporijo only has one and its reported to be in sorry condition.
Hey adventurous attempt i must say. BTW what bike you are using , a bullet? Do post some pictures soon.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Akash

This is the bike that Mitch is riding. It has already covered Bangladesh during this trip.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...never-die.html

The bike has undergone more internal modifications/changes since, but cosmetically it looks the same except for the new seat.

Sudipto
Old 17th April 2009, 21:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

That's Mitch with "his" Bullet - somewhere in Assam.
Attached Thumbnails
Arunachal Pradesh-mitch.jpg  

Old 17th April 2009, 23:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Akash

This is the bike that Mitch is riding. It has already covered Bangladesh during this trip.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...never-die.html

The bike has undergone more internal modifications/changes since, but cosmetically it looks the same except for the new seat.

Sudipto
I knew it must be a bullet. Thanks for clarifying Sudipto.
Old 25th April 2009, 19:51   #20
BHPian

Some Pics of Mitch

Posting some pics of Mitch when he was in my place. No news of him as of now. Hopefully he is somewhere near about Tawang

lifewater
Attached Thumbnails
Arunachal Pradesh-img_0403.jpg  

Arunachal Pradesh-img_0399.jpg  

Arunachal Pradesh-img_0401.jpg  

Arunachal Pradesh-img_0402.jpg  

Old 25th April 2009, 22:44   #21
BHPian

@lifewater: For that lovely spread of food on the table I feel like driving from Mumbai to Dibrugarh . You exemplify athithi dev bhavo!
Old 26th April 2009, 19:04   #22
BHPian

Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
@lifewater: For that lovely spread of food on the table I feel like driving from Mumbai to Dibrugarh . You exemplify athithi dev bhavo!

Hey genesis you are always welcome, please feel free to visit me whenever you wish.

Best wishes

lifewater
Old 26th April 2009, 19:36   #23
adc
Senior - BHPian

Great snaps Lifewater, met Mitch at the Kolkata meet before he embarked on this fantastic journey and he looks as fresh as then.

Did you meet up with HV kumar, got a sms yesterday evening mentioning that he was in Tinsukia.

And definitely +++ to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
@lifewater:You exemplify athithi dev bhavo!

Last edited by adc : 26th April 2009 at 19:37.
Old 26th April 2009, 19:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Lifewater, you do exemplify our age old tradition "Atithi Devo Bhava".

OT: What does Lifewater means, because Whisky also is derived from a word which means "Water of Life"

@Mitch: Seems that you are on one adventurous trip through the beautiful and unspoilt lands of the North East. Please post a travelogue with the route maps and pictures.
Old 27th April 2009, 10:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

As of last night Mitch was in Kaziranga where he proposes to stay for a few days. He had called me from there to tell me that his Arunachal leg of the journey was over. I think from here he goes to Sibsagar next.
I also gave him HV Kumar's number and it transpired that they missed each other because they didn't know who was where. HVK crossed Kaziranga yesterday in the morning. I got a call from him as well late in the night when he was crossing Dalkhola - going west to Bihar.
Old 27th April 2009, 15:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
As of .......................

HVK crossed Kaziranga yesterday in the morning. I got a call from him as well late in the night when he was crossing Dalkhola - going west to Bihar.
Talked to HVK yesterday night 11 PM. He was contemplating driving through the night in Bihar as the day ride would be full of problems due to elections and traffic will slow him down.

Tried contacting him today morning, was not able to reach him.... anyone has updates on him?

As things go, he's slated to pass through Ahmedabad on 30th and if I have time, I'd briefly meet him somewhere on the way.

--Ramky
======
Old 27th April 2009, 15:53   #27
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Tried contacting him today morning, was not able to reach him.... anyone has updates on him?
specifically sent sms seeing this post, got mssg right now - HVK is crossing Ayodhya, Faizabad, UP.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
specifically sent sms seeing this post, got mssg right now - HVK is crossing Ayodhya, Faizabad, UP.
Hai adc, tnx for the update.

Just talked to him. He had a horrible experience with Birar cops trying to confiscate his car for election duty 2/3 places he escaped and one place got caught, had to talk out of it and by greasing the palm..

He has been driving for about 2k kms continously now, will probably take rest at Lucknow or Kanpur today.

This is one hell of a drive even for HVK!!!

======
Old 27th April 2009, 16:11   #29
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
He had a horrible experience with Birar cops trying to confiscate his car for election duty 2/3 places he escaped and one place got caught, had to talk out of it and by greasing the palm..

He has been driving for about 2k kms continously now, will probably take rest at Lucknow or Kanpur today.

This is one hell of a drive even for HVK!!!

It had to happen in Bihar and the incident gets a whole lot scarier if we consider it happening at the dead of the night.

Best of luck for his home run and it will be a relief for him and us too once back safe and sound. Its amazing beyond belief the way HVK just goes on driving. And then when he is back and rested, its mega story time out here!!
Old 27th April 2009, 17:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Frankly I was quite scared for him when I heard he would travel through Bihar at night but the logic of avoiding extortionists during the day was quite sound, so I said a silent prayer only and didn't object.
I am quite aghast to know that the Bihar police tried to snatch his vehicle away !!! It would have been completely illegal actually. Self driven cars/vehicles cannot be requisitioned for election duty.
I wonder how much it cost him to come out of that jam.
Sudipto

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks