Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2009, 10:39   #31

Really don't usually hear much about Norway..but it seems to be a fascinating place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Whew... this is sensory overload! Simply breathtaking place! The waterfalls in the fjord are amazing.
Now to find out a way to get there !
Old 19th April 2009, 12:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Although its very very pretty but on the other hand its very expensive to, the ideal way to visit Norway by land would be on a caravan. They have lovely, cheap and very organised camping sites for caravan's all over Norway.
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:02   #33
BHPian

Hey Deky. Could you please elaborate on the expenses part of this cruise and the best months.Thanks...and oh yeah I just gave a 5star rating to your wonderful wonderful travelogue.
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hey Deky. Could you please elaborate on the expenses part of this cruise and the best months.Thanks...and oh yeah I just gave a 5star rating to your wonderful wonderful travelogue.
Thank you isldhn. I would not know how much was the cruise for as I was working on the cruise and not a passenger. But what information I gathered from the brochures was that it was around 1200 pounds per passenger for 14 days. This includes your accommodation(standard room) and all meals served on the ship.

The prices vary from cruise company to cruise company just like they would between a 3 star hotel and a 5 star hotel.

Due to longer days and bearable weather, The only months you can do this cruise is in May/June/July.

regards
Dhiraj
Old 22nd April 2009, 21:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Mindblowing!!
Deky you are one lucky guy to experience the beauty of the place first hand.
Lovely narration topped up with even great snaps.
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Deky,
Great pics there. I have been to Bergen and Oslo in Nov 2007. Couldn't take up any Fjords tour nor could go to Flam because of real bad weather.

The fish market in Bergen is amazing. Apart from speaking all major languages, they even accept Amex credit cards! lol

Sorry to hijack your thread, but here are a couple of pics from my trip - Voss and Bergen
Attached Thumbnails
Crusing The Norwegian Fjords- Land of the Midnight Sun-2398143707_cf79f19645_b.jpg  

Crusing The Norwegian Fjords- Land of the Midnight Sun-2399811145_40980d06eb_b.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2009, 12:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Mindblowing!!
Deky you are one lucky guy to experience the beauty of the place first hand.
Lovely narration topped up with even great snaps.
Absolutely, lucky enough to be there and luckier to be getting paid for travelling to such wonderfull places Just Loved working on cruises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Deky,
Great pics there. I have been to Bergen and Oslo in Nov 2007. Couldn't take up any Fjords tour nor could go to Flam because of real bad weather.

The fish market in Bergen is amazing. Apart from speaking all major languages, they even accept Amex credit cards! lol

Sorry to hijack your thread, but here are a couple of pics from my trip - Voss and Bergen
There is no hijacking here, please post more pics of Norway if you have, more than anyone else I myself would like to see them. Norway is such a treat to the eyes.

regards
Dhiraj

Last edited by deky : 23rd April 2009 at 12:38.
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:08   #38
BHPian

Wow! Hard to believe such beauty really exists. Looks like an enchanted land - I can almost see the Faraway Tree! lol
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:32   #39
BHPian

Deky

Brilliant stuff boss and i also read your cruise blog, man hats off to survive that. keep up the good work mate.
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:52   #40
Team-BHP Support

There are only 2 cruises in the world that rival the Norwegian fjords for their excitement and beauty.

1. Alaska via the Inside Passage and Glacier Bay
2. Baltics
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:11   #41
BHPian

Norway is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Absolutely, lucky enough to be there and luckier to be getting paid for travelling to such wonderfull places Just Loved working on cruises.

There is no hijacking here, please post more pics of Norway if you have, more than anyone else I myself would like to see them. Norway is such a treat to the eyes.

regards
Dhiraj
Dhiraj,
I lived in Norway for two years at Trondheim, which is the third larget city after Oslo and Bergen. Before that I lived in Geneva, Switzerland as well. I always used to tell my friends, people should go and see Norway. In my opinion Switzerland is the post card beauty and Norway is the wild beauty. The Fjods, the discussion topic here, is really cool. I had travelled between Trondheim and Bergen, sometime during 2003. It took almost a day to reach Bergen and the cruise ship was wonderful. i would suggest people to visit norway and experience the Fjods once in their life time. The cruise company name is Hurtigruten, if i remember it correctly.
Cheers,
Sarin
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:06   #42
BHPian

WOW. Magnificent. This is such a beautiful place, nice pictures too. I would love to live in a place like this. I know, the sun doesn't set here for a long long time.
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:24   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
Deky

Brilliant stuff boss and i also read your cruise blog, man hats off to survive that. keep up the good work mate.
Thank You, That was a totally different experience!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
There are only 2 cruises in the world that rival the Norwegian fjords for their excitement and beauty.

1. Alaska via the Inside Passage and Glacier Bay
2. Baltics
I agree, Never been to Alaska but did the Baltics. Baltics I would say is a mix of everything, natural beauty (Scanidnavia) history (Russia), Blondes (Sweden), Night life ( russia/ amsterdam) ets etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Dhiraj,
I lived in Norway for two years at Trondheim, which is the third larget city after Oslo and Bergen. Before that I lived in Geneva, Switzerland as well. I always used to tell my friends, people should go and see Norway. In my opinion Switzerland is the post card beauty and Norway is the wild beauty. The Fjods, the discussion topic here, is really cool. I had travelled between Trondheim and Bergen, sometime during 2003. It took almost a day to reach Bergen and the cruise ship was wonderful. i would suggest people to visit norway and experience the Fjods once in their life time. The cruise company name is Hurtigruten, if i remember it correctly.
Cheers,
Sarin
+1 to that. Must see, Trondheim is also a very pretty place
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:35   #44
BHPian

Wonderful Deky. The photos are postcard like. Amazing!
Wish I too have a job like yours which could take me places and lets me experience life there
Old 21st May 2009, 22:42   #45
BHPian

AWESOME pictures, amazing trip. Can't believe I missed this thread.

Scandinavia is on my top priority list for the next vacations. Now even more!

Thanks for sharing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks