Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 15:31   #1
BHPian

Destination Coorg

I always plan at last moment, this time was no exception. It was 10th April, when one of my friend called me and asked me what's my plan. I said have not thought about it. My parents will reach in bangalore on 14th and plan was to take them to coorg on 17th april. My friend asked me to which place he can go and visit in 2 days. I gave him couple of options, he choose coorg and asked me to come with him next day.

Before this i had asked Zahed (Team-Bhp id princezahed) to book 2 rooms for 2 days on 17th and 18th april.
However now plan got cahnged and i called Zaheed at around 3PM on 10th to book 2 rooms for 1 day on 11th April. I must say he is very cordial and told me he'll confirm within 2-3 hours. At the same time i was doing also some search to find out whether hotels are available. I could not find any hotels. Luckily Zahed called me in evening and confirmed the booking.

Next day 11th April, we(Me, My Wife, My kid, friend and his wife) started at around 8AM from Bannerghatta Road. Stopped at Kamat for breakfast and then continued our journey. Kamat was OK, too much crowded though.
We took right turn after sringapatnam and after around 30 KM on SH-17 we hit SH-88 at Honsur. Zahed called and suggested us to visit Golden temple at Kushal Nagar and then Dubare(Take left turn at KushalNagar).

Golden temple is quite colorful and we spent around an hour over there. Then we had our late lunch at Kushal Nagar. The moved to Dubare to check the elephants. Dot much to see in Dubare and i could have wrote this place off from my plan. There is not much water (Knee deep water) and people going for white water rafting. Took boat ride ticket and saw the elephants over there.

Next part will write later.
Attached Thumbnails
Destination Coorg-11042009_002.jpg  

Destination Coorg-12042009.jpg  

Destination Coorg-dsc02421.jpg  

Destination Coorg-dsc02444.jpg  

Destination Coorg-dsc02453.jpg  

Destination Coorg-dsc02454.jpg  

Destination Coorg-dsc02448.jpg  

Destination Coorg-dsc02422.jpg  

Destination Coorg-dsc02428.jpg  

Destination Coorg-dsc02443.jpg  

Old 16th April 2009, 17:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good one!

Carry on with the rest of the travelogue!

Nice to see Zahed's home stay. Recollect the pictures he had put during the initial days.
Old 16th April 2009, 17:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and a neat travelogue..reminds of my Coorg trip way back 1999.Hope you covered:
a.Harangi Dam
b.Nisargadhama
c.Brahmagiri
d.Iruppu Falls
e.raja's Seat
Old 16th April 2009, 18:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue and pics but please put some caption to the pics as well.
Nice to see Zayed's homestay shapping up well. hope to stay in his homestay someday.

Abhi
Old 16th April 2009, 19:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures. Thank you as am missing home badly.

Zaheds homestay looks nice and has got this nice homely feel to it. Hope to drop by sometime there
Old 16th April 2009, 21:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Nice to see Zayed's homestay shapping up well. hope to stay in his homestay someday.

Abhi
Thanks Abhi.
Can you let me know how to put captions. I'm not asking in the picture, but below each picture.
Old 16th April 2009, 21:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is one place I love to visit. Been there twice, the last trip being in 2000.Would love to go back and stay there,right in the heart of all the greenery.
Old 17th April 2009, 15:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Good one!

Carry on with the rest of the travelogue!

Nice to see Zahed's home stay. Recollect the pictures he had put during the initial days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post

Abhi
Abhi your surely welcome to visit any time.Thanks for the good words

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Nice pictures. Thank you as am missing home badly.

Zaheds homestay looks nice and has got this nice homely feel to it. Hope to drop by sometime there
Hey Maddy its your home buddy.Drop by at home and also at our place. Would love to catch up with you.

@Akas: Hey buddy we need more details and pictures. And you were supposed to meet me at home,I kept waiting.
Old 17th April 2009, 15:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Thanks Abhi.
Can you let me know how to put captions. I'm not asking in the picture, but below each picture.
After uploading the pics do a post preview. Wherever you want to paste the pic from the dropdown, you paste it by clicking the pin button above and selecting the correct pic. (You can write your message before that)

You can always do a final Preview before posting.

Abhi
Old 17th April 2009, 15:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics...Is this all? We need some more pics. Pls do post them.

@Zahed: Last time we planned to stay at your place (remember hari & co) but could not make it. But if we plan some thing this time we will definately stay at your place. Looks clean and neat.
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post

@Akas: Hey buddy we need more details and pictures. And you were supposed to meet me at home,I kept waiting.
From abbey falls i directly left towards Irupu Falls. I was not sure if you are waiting for me. Sorry about confusion.
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:13   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Nice pics...Is this all? We need some more pics. Pls do post them.

@Zahed: Last time we planned to stay at your place (remember hari & co) but could not make it. But if we plan some thing this time we will definately stay at your place. Looks clean and neat.
Thanks Snaronikar. I did not capture much pictures in my camera. I'll get it from my friends and post those. Here are 2 more which i've now.
Attached Thumbnails
Destination Coorg-dsc02431.jpg  

Destination Coorg-dsc02435.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2009, 21:59   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
From abbey falls i directly left towards Irupu Falls. I was not sure if you are waiting for me. Sorry about confusion.
I was waiting outside my gate for a long time but did not find your vehicle. Tried calling but your phone was not reachable so I assumed you had left for irupu.Please post a more detailed report, this short one is not sufficient.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks