Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 17:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Suren, That's one amazing collection of pictures with wonderfully chosen words to accompany them!
The Bamboo Chicken has made me hungry now! I need to eat chicken today just to satisfy the growling tummy! LOL!

A trip during the monsoons to this place is on the cards now for the CUG folks!
Old 21st April 2009, 18:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Great pics, Suren! I loved reading the travelogue. I'd heard of Papikondalu, but not of the other place.
Will gather more details when we meet next.
Old 21st April 2009, 18:21   #18
BHPian

Suren Bhai, great travelogue and narration of the entire trip. I liked the pictures of your little ones having fun in the water..very cute and natural.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:29   #19
BHPian

that place is just the perfect getaway!!

been there for an outing with my office colleagues..and love the fact that u dont have any network there and it gets pitch black as early as 5PM.
Old 22nd April 2009, 18:27   #20
BHPian

Suren , nice pics and well written. Reminds me of my trip last year. Some pics that I shot
Attached Thumbnails
Maredumilli & Papikondalu -  Where time stands still.-pic-038.jpg  

Maredumilli & Papikondalu -  Where time stands still.-pic-134.jpg  

Maredumilli & Papikondalu -  Where time stands still.-pic-160.jpg  

Maredumilli & Papikondalu -  Where time stands still.-pic-172.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2009, 09:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Suren, I saw the travelogue late. WOnderful location and pics. I never knew such a place exists in AP near Rajahmundry.

Thanks for sharing !!
Abhi
Old 24th April 2009, 01:26   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Wonderful pics and nice place, which makes it to my list. Am sure that this place would be great to visit during monsoon and winters. Awesome pictures. Good show Suren!!
Thanks murali, this place sure is a delight during the winters, have seen photographs taken by a friend, during that season/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Suren- Bamboo Chicken, cool lake, hot pakoras, chai, beautiful hilly surrounding, except probably for the hot weather, was that a trip to heaven?
Avi, true, but an overnighter, like the Suryalanka trip would be slightly too ambitious a couple of nights there with a day in between (to soak in the experience) would be more like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Wonderful pics Suren and quite elated to see Karan and his younger brother regale in the warm waters.
Karan was esctatic about this trip on the Ghazal night.
Ram, the younger one is called Sharan and yes they did have a wonderful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Wow! Suren, That's one amazing collection of pictures with wonderfully chosen words to accompany them!
Thank you Nazim, for the kind words and YES it'd be great if we all could go together to this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Great pics, Suren! I loved reading the travelogue. I'd heard of Papikondalu, but not of the other place.
Will gather more details when we meet next.
Thanks Venu, will be glad to give you the details when we meet next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Suren Bhai, great travelogue and narration of the entire trip. I liked the pictures of your little ones having fun in the water..very cute and natural.
Brajesh Bhai thank you, I myself was acting like a kid there, no wonder my kids where natural... The unnatural part was taken care of by me

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
that place is just the perfect getaway!!

been there for an outing with my office colleagues..and love the fact that u dont have any network there and it gets pitch black as early as 5PM.
You bet, I was devoid of calls, tension, worries etc., all through the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Suren , nice pics and well written. Reminds me of my trip last year. Some pics that I shot
neo: lovely pics those, thank you for adding value to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Suren, I saw the travelogue late. WOnderful location and pics. I never knew such a place exists in AP near Rajahmundry.

Thanks for sharing !!
Abhi
My pleasure abhi, I had myself only heard of it before. Do tell me if you plan to visit sometime (After Summer i.e.) would be glad to help.

A note to avid trekkers: The tribal person who cooked the bamboo chicken for us was talking of an alternative stay location, in the midst of the forest, which he says is to be seen to believe, the only thing is it's a 10~12hrs trek through the forest. He was also making a mention of a 4 day one way trip to some place. Just FYI.

Last edited by suren181 : 24th April 2009 at 01:29.
Old 24th April 2009, 01:44   #23
BHPian

Suren Sir,

Awesome pics. Hope to hear more stories from you about this place in our Suryalanka trip. Aap aa rahe ho na?
Old 24th April 2009, 09:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Suren nice trip. Thank you for giving a great description of my home town. I am from Rajahmundry.

I had been to Maredumilli around 20 years ago and Papikondalu around 15 years ago. I had been to the same forest guest house. Looks like things are untouched in the last 20 years.
Old 24th April 2009, 10:04   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Chief, can we expect some more pictures of this trip?
Old 24th April 2009, 14:55   #26
BHPian

Just stumbled upon this - great pics & write up Suren - the water looks so tempting in this city heat!
Old 12th January 2013, 20:48   #27
BHPian

Re: Maredumilli & Papikondalu - Where time stands still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post

The next morning we packed our bags and moved towards Pochavaram which was where we were to park our car and proceed by boat to our destination called Kollur.

Great travelogue .. Suren Sir!!!

Came across this while looking for info on Papikondalu/Bhadrachalam & nearby places and ended up adding Maredumilli to our itinerary, in fact its become first stopover we are planning for a couple of days.

I am, however, not able to find out Pochavaram on google maps. Is it this location (http://goo.gl/maps/v7pNa) at the southern side of forrest area??

Also, how safe are parking options to leave the car around this place if we are planning to do an overnighter at Kolluru? Will it be better to go to Bhadrachalam side and pick the boat?

-Deepankar
Old 26th January 2013, 10:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hey, thanks for introducing to this place and also for the yummy looking Bamboo Chicken. The place should be more interesting post monsoon
Old 6th February 2013, 01:15   #29
BHPian

Eventually, we did do a long weekend trip to Maredumilli & Bhadrachalam the previous week.

Spent 3 days at Vanavihari resort, it has very decent facilities considering the location in the middle of forest. Accommodation is really good and food was awesome. Not to forget the mention of bamboo chicken - its available all over the place, nearly every eatery starts preparing bamboo chicken from morning itself. Our dinner for all three days had a bamboo chicken/mutton to go with rice/roties though I felt it worked better with steaming rice.

The place per se doesn't have too many view points and should be doable in 2 days, however we continued over for the third as well because we liked the cold weather, peaceful ambience, greenery in and around the resort, food, etc. very much.
Old 4th August 2013, 00:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
The next morning saw us leaving Rajahmundry towards our next place of stay for a night namely, Mardeumilli forest area which is 80kms away from Rajahmundry.
Suren, this is 'the post' that I read first on Team-BHP and finally I became a member last month. From that day visited T-Bhp regularly and kept on reading so many threads including so many travelogues.

Came across your travelogue when I searched (googled) for Maredumilli. Funny, I never went to Maredumilli till date, but once again I should say, you are the reason for me to become a member of T-Bhp. I even wrote in the 'how you came to know about T-Bhp' column, that I came across when trying to search for maredumilli!

Thank you for your wonderful and informative travelogue. ( In fact, I think after 847 posts by you, almost nearing a senior Bhpian, I am starting your thanks count by giving one)!

- Sai

Most Viewed