Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 12:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Well,am not sure iam allowed to post,but I would have hosted your family for free in Coorg at our estate if it was just about the experience.
Is the offer open for other Bhpian's also? if yes will definitely contact you when we visit :-)
Old 7th May 2009, 15:27   #17

Quote:
Well,am not sure iam allowed to post,but I would have hosted your family for free in Coorg at our estate if it was just about the experience.
Yeah..I completely forgot that you have a estate at Coorg. Thanks, anyway, friend, for the offer. I will let my wife know about this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I know the people you've mentioned personally very well indeed and have known them/ their families for many years.

And going by their background and quality of home upkeep/ maintenance/ quality standards, I d say you got a good deal.

Yes, I am glad that you had a first class experience - their standards are very good and they will not compromise on quality of "guest experience" when they are hosting you at what is effectively their own home!

I will tell them about your comments when I meet them next.

cheers
Thanks, Shankar. They are truly a wonderful couple to get acquainted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Nice travelogue and pics sridharganesan !!
Somehow initially you wrote pm instead of am and got me confused.

Nice update about the homestay. It reminds me of my 2 trips there. There is always something new in Coorg everytime I visit.

Abhi
Sorry, Abhi...I apologize for the slip up in the timings. I actually wanted to mention "am" but somehow ended up saying "pm". Will be careful in future.
Old 7th May 2009, 22:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
Is the offer open for other Bhpian's also? if yes will definitely contact you when we visit :-)
Wrong use of the word "Free" i guess.lol. Well during off season would surely invite a few of them over to keep me company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharganesan View Post
Yeah..I completely forgot that you have a estate at Coorg. Thanks, anyway, friend, for the offer. I will let my wife know about this!!
Your welcome.
Old 8th May 2009, 10:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

@Ganesan,

Nice review. The place is very interesting, especially with the water flow and all. What about the size of the rooms?

@PrinceZahed,

LOL! Better chose your words carefully, mate! "Free" does has it's own attractions.
Old 8th May 2009, 10:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharganesan View Post
Sorry, Abhi...I apologize for the slip up in the timings. I actually wanted to mention "am" but somehow ended up saying "pm". Will be careful in future.
Hey there is nothing to be sorry. Even I did the same mistake in one of my travelogues. IT just happens sometimes. I was just pointing it. May be you can PM one of the MODS to change it.

Abhi
Old 8th May 2009, 12:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
That is the reason a lot of tbhpians use the forum to get details of good places at lower costs.
Whatever was offered to you there,you could have got the same for almost half the cost elsewhere.
I agree with this. I was at Zaheed's place around a month ago. Price was very less as compared to Mahindra and other big names and at same time services were good too.
Old 8th May 2009, 22:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
@PrinceZahed,

LOL! Better chose your words carefully, mate! "Free" does has it's own attractions.
Yes i realized that and hence my previous post about the wrong use of the word "free" . But during rainy offseason days i certainly wouldnt mind having some tbhpians over for some "free" offroading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
I agree with this. I was at Zaheed's place around a month ago. Price was very less as compared to Mahindra and other big names and at same time services were good too.
Thanks for the kind words Moloy. We are still waiting for a detailed report from your side regarding the same.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:23   #23

excellent travelogue. we are planning a trip to Coorg this weekend (Sep) and the information on the route, stops you have provided will be very useful.
Old 28th June 2011, 00:31   #24
BANNED

Re: A rejuvenating road trip from Bangalore to Coorg

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words Moloy. We are still waiting for a detailed report from your side regarding the same.
Hi Zahed,

I am new to tbhp and I am unable to PM you (even after adding you to my buddy list) .. I would be visiting coorg next month and would like to know more about your place. Please PM me or let me know how I can contact you.

Thanks,
-venky
Old 17th September 2011, 11:57   #25
BHPian

Hi,

Would September be a nice time to visit Coorg, I am planning to go there on 6th on Dusshehra, can someone share info about some more good homestays.

Thanks

Shailesh
Old 15th October 2011, 08:54   #26

Hi Sridharganeshan,

Very nice travelogue and pics. Also thanks for the details of your hosts and the recommendation . I'm in Gurgaon and planning to visit Coorg from this month end or beginning of Nov. Wanted to know a few things from you since I see that you're from Bangalore.

We will be arriving in Bangalore on an early morning flight and wanted to spend a day in the city and then leave for Madekeri the next day. The wondered if u can recommend me itinerary of things to do and see in bangalore in a day, a place to stay (reasonably priced) and how to travel to Coorg. the options are

a. Train
b. Taxi.

I would prefer a taxi as they would give us the option of traveling around Coorg. please advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks