Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:34   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Ranganathittu - A Pleasant surprise

We (my wife and I) spent some time at Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary yesterday on our way back from Mysore.

I was particularly pleased and surprised to see how clean and relatively unspoilt it was. Considering I last visited the place around 20 years ago.

Of course there was the usual gaggle of goggling and noisy adults and squalling kids but amazingly everyone seemed quite restrained (going by my normal observations at such places in the past.)

However, the important thing is that the bird life was allowed to go about their own business un-disturbed and there was also suprisingly little litter everywhere- nice and clean thank heavens.

The staff at the gate are very courteous and the charges are very reasonable - Rs 50 for two adults entry fees plus Rs 35 for the vehicle and another Rs 25 for taking a camera. Indeed I wish they would raise the charges a bit, if it is going to help keep the place pristine and well maintained as well as increase the staff emoluments a bit in todays world of rising costs.

I ve plugged in a few pictures of the trip (and my Scorp). My wife and I enjoyed the time we spent walking about inside the leafy glades amidst nature.

Ranganathittu is home to many a migratory species and it is a perfect day trip being located just about a 100 km from Bangalore. Well worth going there accompanied by your camera to get some time communing with nature in our dull, drab, cityslicker lives.
Attached Thumbnails
Ranganathittu - A Pleasant surprise-jeepus.jpg  

Ranganathittu - A Pleasant surprise-ranganathittu1.jpg  

Ranganathittu - A Pleasant surprise-ranganathittu5.jpg  

Ranganathittu - A Pleasant surprise-ranganathittu7.jpg  

Ranganathittu - A Pleasant surprise-ranganathittu2.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 3rd May 2009 at 12:47. Reason: add pics
Old 3rd May 2009, 13:17   #2
BHPian

good to know that it's clean.
Old 4th May 2009, 00:55   #3
BHPian

It is indeed a very good place to visit when you are in Mysore. It is good to see that, authorities have come forward to keep this place neat and tidy.

Good pics bro and thanks for sharing.
Old 4th May 2009, 01:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

this place is on way to the brindavan gardens right?
if so, I was there last summer, and was really impressed! very clean, beautiful and refreshing place to spend some hours.

cheers
Old 4th May 2009, 05:50   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

it is near srirangapatnam on the hunsur by pass
yes it is clean and nice - worth a visit most definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
this place is on way to the brindavan gardens right?
if so, I was there last summer, and was really impressed! very clean, beautiful and refreshing place to spend some hours.

cheers
Old 4th May 2009, 10:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its a nice place and an easy getaway for Banglorians. For the best experience, go in birds hatching season and hire a boat for yourself (it is not very expensive compared to the separate tickets cost for you and family). With some small tips boat men will help you to some unexplored areas, explain about birds, will ensure you spot some crocodiles etc etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks