Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2009, 11:48   #1
BHPian

DRIVOBLOG® | CCU-VNS-CCU May 2009 + The Varanasi Spectacle

Varanasi, in this heat? None of my family members were ready to join me. So I started off alone. Then Varanasi is a horribly crowded place and manevoring my vehicle in the swarm would be insane.

Insane it may sound, but if only they realised.

This is off season @ VNS, and dry season so no foot stomping crowd, no slippery streets, less dirt, easy accommodation, low rates (boat, guide, etc) and Non Stop Driving. Add to that an opportunity of distraction free photography.

I also express my thankfulness to Bhpian SS-Traveler for helping me out with directions during entering Varanasi, as I am too lazy and ignorant to carry maps or switch on my GPS Device. I am not a pioneer in exploration. Frankly speaking without people like HVK and such, DRIVOBLOG® would not be possible.

'The Varanasi Spectacle' starts.
Attached Thumbnails
DRIVOBLOG® | CCU-VNS-CCU May 2009 + The Varanasi Spectacle-presentation1.jpg  

Old 4th May 2009, 15:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice pic to start with. Offlate your driving experience, vehicle behavior, road conditions etc were toned down a lot in your travelogues and would like you to add more onto the same

PS: Keep an eye on ur infractions & definitely I would love to enjoy more of your future travelogues

Last edited by Surprise : 4th May 2009 at 16:02.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

boss, you are really brave to visit Varanasi in this heat of summer. Though your are an expert, so no advice is required, but keep yourself safe from heat, and keep hydrated. I was in Varanasi last weekend, for something unavoidable, and this place is burning like a furnace.

Waiting for more beautiful pics.

Take care
Old 4th May 2009, 16:29   #4
BHPian

I have just returned from Bihar after a week long trip. I agree with the concerns mentioned about the heat factor. It is actually like a furnace in that part right now.

I am eagerly following this thread because Varanasi (the Kashi Mahajanpada) is high on my wish list.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Wow you actually have dashed me with so many travellogues of late. Makes me feel that i am sitting idle at the moment. Waiting....
Old 4th May 2009, 18:54   #6
BHPian

Heat Treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
It is actually like a furnace in that part right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
this place is burning like a furnace.
Yeah Askme .

It was 42 Degrees C on that day and inside the parked vehicle
  • the air inside could be 62 degrees C
  • the steering wheel could be 70 degrees C
  • the car seat could be 72 degrees C
  • and the dashboard could be 82 degreesC
No wonder my Guide sprang out of the car the moment his bottom got in contact with the HOT seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Nice pic to start with. Offlate your driving experience, vehicle behavior, road conditions etc were toned down a lot in your travelogues
I know, but where are the places?

Where I am located, it is not at all practical to Drive to places like Munnar, Goa and Ooty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Wow you actually have dashed me with so many travellogues of late. Makes me feel that i am sitting idle at the moment. Waiting....
I had taken 500+ photos but have good ones - 277 photos. 1 GB is Video itself and I dont know how I will upload it. Else I have to trim and edit it.

I can post them in a jiffy but the quality and storyline will suffer. I need some quality time to sequence and caption them properly.

Please bear with me, it will be worth the wait.
Old 4th May 2009, 20:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

I'm all set for reading the journey!

cheers
Old 5th May 2009, 10:42   #8
BHPian

Tractor Surprise

** WARNING **

Team BHP does not encourage dangerous driving practices like shooting videos while driving at high speeds around a curve.

Please read the rules before proceeding forward.

Mod Team

Last edited by Mpower : 12th May 2009 at 21:23.
Old 5th May 2009, 11:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Video of Driving on a Sharp Curve on NH2 trying to overtake an Amby and a Tractor Surprises without any logic.

Even God failed to give the people of this Country - 'Common Sense'
To quote Voltaire: "Common sense is not common".
So many people drive on the wrong side that I have begun thinking whether driving on the wrong side is common sense or otherwise.

Last edited by akbaree : 5th May 2009 at 11:04.
Old 5th May 2009, 11:42   #10
BHPian

Ganga Arati

Ganga Arati (Taken from a Boat)

I was looking like fully armed with Camera mounted on tripod .

Old 5th May 2009, 12:13   #11
BHPian

Rare Video | Cremation @ Manikarnika Ghat

This is a Rare Video - Cremation @ Manikarnika Ghat

They say - The Most Sacred Place in Varanasi it is, where the soul is liberated from the cycle of re-incarnation.

If the authorities, saw me shooting the video, they would have extorted money from me.

Disclaimer: This video has been posted by the author to depict events that are regular in Varanasi and not intended to provide any kind of entertainment or encourage debates whatsoever.
Old 5th May 2009, 12:37   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Basu, another one so soon? With so much driving around when do you get time to work man? Seems like an interesting beginning but i dont see the key information as in dates travelled, kms, route etc in your first post. Do share that info also as it would be interesting.

Waiting for your trademark captioned hilarious pictures. So think hard before you caption 'em !!!
Old 5th May 2009, 12:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Seeing your travelogues makes me green with envy. Haven't had a good travel in the last 4 months and I can already feeling the withdrawal symptoms.

Anyways, as always good videos and I'm waiting with a bated breath for the pics
Old 5th May 2009, 13:38   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Seeing your travelogues makes me green with envy. Haven't had a good travel in the last 4 months and I can already feeling the withdrawal symptoms.

Anyways, as always good videos and I'm waiting with a bated breath for the pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Basu, another one so soon? With so much driving around when do you get time to work man? Seems like an interesting beginning but i dont see the key information as in dates travelled, kms, route etc in your first post. Do share that info also as it would be interesting.

Waiting for your trademark captioned hilarious pictures. So think hard before you caption 'em !!!
Its instinct that makes me do these trips. They are a pilgrimage itself. Say to achieve 'automotive nirvana'. I get a high when I suddenly realize that I have transported myself over great distances without getting the sense of time.

On road trips you are not visiting 1 destination, but every town, every landscape along the highway is a destination. Now thats uncountable number of destinations, isnt it?

As you can see, this trip was not to just drive and drive but to discover spirituality.

Guys, I am as busy as everyone else. Its just that I leap into opportunities instead of planning. And there are COSTS to it. Costs which I need not elaborate as it would be discussion on a personal level. Will surely share the facts when we meet up next (both of you I meant)
Old 5th May 2009, 13:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

Enough teasing ... on with the Drivoblog.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks