Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 00:51   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Tirupati

Hi guys,

I am sharing my Experience of Bangalore - Tirupati trip which i finished today.

Onward > Bangalore - Hosakote - Kolar - Mulbagal - Palamaner - Chittor - Tirupati - Tirumala

Well, I started at 4 PMTuesday,It took 1 hour to reach Hosakote from Bangalore , due to traffic, after that raods are good but lots of Divertion due to 4 lane expansion, u have to rally watch out while overtaking, u can speed-up to 100 easily on this road, then i remeber i passed railway crossing near by Kolar at 5.36 PM. after that i tool Mulbagal road.. there u have only 2 lane road, still i was driving at 80-100... crossed palamaner ... and reached chittor by 7.30PM.. i took city road and stuck into jam for 30 min, after that i took NH-18 , what a road, 100 KM/h mark.. i checked my swift upto 130 ... really enjoyed... entered tirupati by 8.45 Pm , it was good drive with one break of 15 min to get refresh....

Return > Tirumala - Tirupati (Bypass) - Chittor (Bypass) - Palamaner (Bypass)- Mulbagal (bypass) - Kolar (Bypass) - Hosakote - Bangalore

This was really amazing and took exact 5 hour in day time.

i started from tirumala at 8.45am & reached tirupati in 30 min, then visited Padmavati temple after that i had breakfast, i left tirupati at 10am , and took bypass road.. which merge at NH-18. That road was good , i enjoyed at 100-110, there i saw a board saying chittor is 60KM , finshed that strech in 40 Min, there i took chittor bypass road , not good , u can't drive more than 70 -80... That road took me to Palamaner then mulbagal, i drove almost 100 - 120 on that section, NO LUNCH BREAK in journey... i hit NH4 by 1 PM, From there again i took Kolar bypass reached hosakote by 2 PM.. Again traffic and it took 1 hour to reach my place...

Overall , i had good driving except few Speed breakers [UNSIGNED] , people in village they don't listen HORN.. third, Moped riders, they will wait for u to come and hit , but never leave road... u have to really watch out for those things while passing through village.. other wise ...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th May 2009 at 20:10. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. See note.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:35   #2
BHPian

Info needed

Can anyone please tell me an online reservation portal for Bhimas residency hotel in tirupati ?I tried calling them but no answer.Anyother good hotels in Tirupati I can check out for?
Old 13th June 2009, 14:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Short & Sweet travelogue Kumar, how about sharing a few pics taken along the journey as well ? How long did the darshan take ?
Old 13th June 2009, 17:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good travelogue. Pic
Old 13th June 2009, 17:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice a crisp write up. Do give some details of booking and how much time you took for darshan and include pics. Then this will be a complete travelogue.
Old 13th June 2009, 21:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

A little too crisp! I had to read it twice to identify what vehicle he drove, overlooked it the first time.
Old 22nd June 2009, 15:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Chittor to Tirupathi road is tempting with the 100 kms speed limit markers (can do a cool160 plus), but as mentioned beware of the villagers. More details on Darshan booking and time will help.
Old 29th June 2009, 21:15   #8
BHPian

For u

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Chittor to Tirupathi road is tempting with the 100 kms speed limit markers (can do a cool160 plus), but as mentioned beware of the villagers. More details on Darshan booking and time will help.
For this trip i booked online ticket at Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanams - e-Services three months in advance. i purchased 200 INR ticket and darshan timing was 0530 AM and it took 1.30 hour to finish darshan. There is no commercial hotel overthere, u need to donate money or book from central office nearby temple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
A little too crisp! I had to read it twice to identify what vehicle he drove, overlooked it the first time.
I drove Swift VXi.This was second time , I was driving alone and took only 1 break, sorry no picture.
Old 29th June 2009, 22:23   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPGB View Post
Can anyone please tell me an online reservation portal for Bhimas residency hotel in tirupati ?I tried calling them but no answer.Anyother good hotels in Tirupati I can check out for?

Hotel Bliss-Renigunta i stay there every time i go to Tirupathi.

They are good at their kind of "services" you can call them on 08772237770

Might be the coming week i.e., 9th / 10th and 11th i might make one trip to Tirupathi, if this is the time you are making your visit, we could meet
Old 30th June 2009, 13:37   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPGB View Post
There is quite a few hotel on the Back Side road of the Bus Stand. If I rem correctly I stayed in Hotel "SAI INN". AC room @ 1000 Rs/-. They also have car Parking inside their premises.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati

Travel to Tirupathi confirmed on 22 April, darshan tickets booked, hotel booked. Will update on the quality of the hotel once i am done with the trip. Here are some details.

Link - Hotel Bliss ::

Executive room comes to about INR 2700/-.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks