Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 13:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Another srisailam thread.

I have seen photos from Fazal Sir a lot many times on different threads. Wonderful wonderful photographs!!!
Indian Nomads photogrpahs are also good, that too he took it all from inside the moving car( i am assuming he took it all by himself).
I have also been to Srisailam in month of August 09 and it was a wonderful drive.
Pandeyji, you can see some more photographs here in my link other than those of roads
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...srisailam.html
Old 9th September 2009, 19:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Bumped into this thread after a long time----some of the pics posted by Fazal and Indiannomad could be not very far from where YSR's chopper crashed last week.

Fazal, the state govt should have contacted you when the search operations were on---I guess nobody knows that forest so well as you do.

vnabhi,

Thanks for your appreciation.
That's right, it was a place we had been to, though not exactly the site of the copter crash. The forest is too vast for anybody to be familiar with, searching for the crashed copter was, like searching for a needle in a hay stack. Anyway I was in Nasik when this happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yeah that's a point Venu.

I guess, i too would have been happy to be part of the search party knowing Fazal Bhai will ensure the party members are treated to his speciality ( Tala hua ghost and khatti dal rice)
Avi,
And get killed by the emotionally charged villagers for cooking instead of being a part of the search party? It would be a treat of a different kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I have seen photos from Fazal Sir a lot many times on different threads. Wonderful wonderful photographs!!!
Fordmanchau,
Thanks, all the hard work paid, by genuine appreciation.

Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 9th September 2009 at 19:36.
Old 11th September 2009, 12:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Good pics Ghat section is really fantastic.Whenever I visited Srisailam I used start around 4pm and end up in the ghat section by night fall.There is a sharp curve as the road goes straight into the tiger reserve forest which is closed by a wooden check post and you have to turn left when you are going towards Srisailam.I had tough time controlling my vehicle when I had to turn left and it was around 9pm and I was blazing away with 100kms speed.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:48   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
There is a sharp curve as the road goes straight into the tiger reserve forest which is closed by a wooden check post and you have to turn left when you are going towards Srisailam.I had tough time controlling my vehicle when I had to turn left and it was around 9pm and I was blazing away with 100kms speed.
That used to be the Farahabad Forest Reserve which was blasted by the Naxals a day after my visit there quite a few years ago
Old 19th December 2011, 11:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Srisailam - Dornala - Kurnool. Road pictures only

How is Kurnool-Atmakur-Dornala-Srisailam these days ? Is Atmakur-Dornala in same terrible condition ?
Old 19th December 2011, 23:29   #36
BHPian

Had been to Srisailam from 2nd to 4th Dec. The road conditions from Kurnool to Atmakur is 50 odd km and is very bumpy. Not many pot holes so can maintain a steady speed of 50 kmph.
The road from Atmakur to Dornala changes from being excellent every 2 km and absolutely pathetic for the next 1 km. Have to drive with caution here.
The road from Dornala - Srisailam is comparatively better. Definitely the best road thus far . However the road surface can't be termed as smooth. Having said that we covered the last 45 km from Dornala to Srisailam within 1 hr(coz I was the first person to be allowed when the gates opened.So for 25 odd kms no traffic from oncoming side )
Do remember that the gates at Dornala shut by 9 pm and open only by 6 am.
rohittunga is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 14:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
The road from Atmakur to Dornala changes from being excellent every 2 km and absolutely pathetic for the next 1 km. Have to drive with caution here.
Thanks Rohit, so you suggest taking this route at all ? There is one more route that muralisk had done i.e Kurnool-Nandyal-Giddalur-Cumbum-Markapur-Dornala-Srisailam. Thats a 80 km detour, but wondering if Atmakur route is doable or should I look for the alternative route.
Old 20th December 2011, 21:29   #38
BHPian

I honestly don't know the Giddalur-Cumbum-Markapur-Dornala-Srisailam route. However what I can tell you is that while coming back I didn't want to travel in the same route. Hence at Atmakur I took a left towards Nandyal. It was a serious mistake. The route from Atmakur to Nandyal is absolutely pathetic. Also from Nandyal to Kurnool, they are converting the NH into a 4 lane highway and they have just started the road widening. So there were lots of diversions . It really makes you feel exhausted.
So my opinion is that if the road conditions from Dornala-giddalur-cumbum is good and you don't mind going through lots of diversions then take the Nandyal route.
But my choice would be the Atmakur-Kurnool road. It may not be smooth but there is a lot less traffic on this route.
rohittunga is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 11:49   #39
Team-BHP Support

How are the bus services on this route ? Srisailam-Kurnool ? Are there frequent services?
Old 18th September 2013, 11:19   #40
BHPian

As Srisailam is one of the main pilgrimage centers in Andhra Pradesh and moreover it falls in Kurnool district, I guess there will be many busses from Kurnool.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks