Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2009, 08:39   #1
BHPian

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad

Hey All,

I always thought i enjoy trips only in India (Namma Malenaadu) and am usually not very eager to drive long distances when i travel outside the country.
The moment i sit on the narrow, uncomfortable BA-48 Window seat, looking outside at the modest Bengalooru International Airport building, the memories of Udupi, Agumbe, MTR Idli, Davanagere benne masala come to my mind.. in a way, taunts me.
The 9 Hours 30 minute flight to London Heathrow starts and off i go. From London Heathrow, its another 9 hours of flight to Seattle-Tacoma International airport. The view of the very rugid snow covered terrain of the Afghanistan , the "no-life-but-amazing" like terrian of the Tehran-Tebriz area, the amazing european country side and finally the city of London, the thames from the air brings me half way on the journey.

The beautiful snow covered whites of the Greenland, the spellbound beauty of the Cascade Rocky mountains and one of my favourite places Seattle-Bellevue !!, brings me to the "Ever-Green" state of Washington.

I am here to launch our product in T-Mobile Mobile Network. Its hectic weekdays, comeback home, work with the Bangalore guys and its midnight

So, the weekends here mean a lot and i make sure i go around to look at the magnificiant surroundings of Seattle-Bellevue Area of Washington state.

I will share with you guys, my trip to:
1. Snoqualmie Waterfalls
2. Alpental and Snoqualmie summit (Ski Zone)
3. Mt.Rainier National Park
4. Mt.Vernon (Skagit valley Tulip Flower festival)

But the smell of the western ghats, the simplicity of the SLV Rava-idli, the over-taking manuevours on the Bangalore-Hassan highway, the Rs.5 Tea on the road side, keeps me thinking of land i belong to! Enjoy the photo-Blog Ahead!

Regards
Pramod
Old 24th May 2009, 09:55   #2
BHPian

Brings back many memories, I was in the Northwest for close to a decade and yes the Cascade mountain ranges are just spectacular. Snoqualmie pass was my regular drive through, beautiful snow covered mountains and all the greenery around. Winters can be really bad for driving through the snow covered passes. My work entailed me driving 1000 miles a week on this scenic route for 5 years with oil changes every month. Missing those drives.

Also, if you have time do take a drive to Portland(about 3 hrs away) and check out the Multnomah Falls and Mt Hood there. Really worth it. You could also see Mount St.Helens on your way to Portland.

Sorry, for stealing your thread, here's a few pics from the Cascade mountains.
Attached Thumbnails
Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-nw1.jpg  

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-nw2.jpg  

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-nw3.jpg  

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-nw4.jpg  

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-nw5.jpg  

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-nw6.jpg  

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-nw7.jpg  

Old 24th May 2009, 15:01   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
Hey All,

I always thought i enjoy trips only in India (Namma Malenaadu) and am usually not very eager to drive long distances when i travel outside the country.
The moment i sit on the narrow, uncomfortable BA-48 Window seat, looking outside at the modest Bengalooru International Airport building, the memories of Udupi, Agumbe, MTR Idli, Davanagere benne masala come to my mind.. in a way, taunts me.
The 9 Hours 30 minute flight to London Heathrow starts and off i go. From London Heathrow, its another 9 hours of flight to Seattle-Tacoma International airport. The view of the very rugid snow covered terrain of the Afghanistan , the "no-life-but-amazing" like terrian of the Tehran-Tebriz area, the amazing european country side and finally the city of London, the thames from the air brings me half way on the journey.

The beautiful snow covered whites of the Greenland, the spellbound beauty of the Cascade Rocky mountains and one of my favourite places Seattle-Bellevue !!, brings me to the "Ever-Green" state of Washington.

I am here to launch our product in T-Mobile Mobile Network. Its hectic weekdays, comeback home, work with the Bangalore guys and its midnight

So, the weekends here mean a lot and i make sure i go around to look at the magnificiant surroundings of Seattle-Bellevue Area of Washington state.

I will share with you guys, my trip to:
1. Snoqualmie Waterfalls
2. Alpental and Snoqualmie summit (Ski Zone)
3. Mt.Rainier National Park
4. Mt.Vernon (Skagit valley Tulip Flower festival)

But the smell of the western ghats, the simplicity of the SLV Rava-idli, the over-taking manuevours on the Bangalore-Hassan highway, the Rs.5 Tea on the road side, keeps me thinking of land i belong to! Enjoy the photo-Blog Ahead!

Regards
Pramod
My sister stays right in Bellevue, WA. Small world. Another place up north you could visit across the border is Whistler, BC.
Old 24th May 2009, 23:02   #4
BHPian

@Siddvi
No Regrets that u stole my thread Nice snaps!
I plan to travel to Olympic mountians tommorrow which is west of Seattle towards the Pacific coast.
Old 24th May 2009, 23:17   #5
BHPian

Snaps -- Set1

Skagit Valley is 60 miles North of Bellevue-Seattle towards the Canadian border. This place is famous for its Tulip farms and every April, the Tulips blossom in thousands and its a sight to behold.
Unfortunately, the weekend i visited this place, the they were not in full blossom yet.. but the visit was still worth it.
And there was a kite festival too...

Name:  _MG_6475 Desktop Resolution.JPG
Views: 911
Size:  54.0 KB

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-bw-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-img_6469-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-img_6488-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-menacing-kites-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-orange_tulip1-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-orange_tulip_kites1-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-red_tulip-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-yellow1-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bellevue-Seattle ; But thinking of Malnad-yellow-desktop-resolution.jpg

More snaps to follow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks