Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2009, 20:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics hotstuff. Do you have any panaromic views of the golden temple and the fort?
Old 8th June 2009, 00:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Nice pics hotstuff. Do you have any panaromic views of the golden temple and the fort?
Try this site
Golden temple - Amma - Welcome to the official site of Sripuram
Old 8th June 2009, 10:50   #18
BHPian

Vellore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
We never experience the rush at Vellore (Sripuram) Golden temple even though there are a lot of devotees as the entire temple is built on 100 acres and you walk for about 2 Kilometers in the queue in the form of a STAR and its amazing and one must really pay a visit if they visit Vellore. I heard that Sripuram attracts almost about the same number of the devotees who visit Tirumala everyday.

Great pics of fort hotstuff. You missed to mention about the church and the mosque in the fort.
- Thanks for your comments @TrueDreamer.

True, even though there was quite a bit of a crowd in the general queue, it was moving quite fast and the crowd was spread out since the queue complex is quite long.

But once you are close to the temple, the main queue does get slowed down quite a bit since many devotees try to get some extra few seconds for darshan and the seconds add up to minutes and more for the devotees towards the end of the queue. I would recommend the 100/- seva ticket for a quicker darshan.

About the church and the mosque, we skipped both since we spent quite a bit of time walking along the ramparts of the fort and by the time we came out of the temple, it was getting quite dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
- @snaronikar; Thanks for your comments!. I could not take any pics of the Golden temple since cameras are not allowed within the premises; and I could not get to a vantage point to get an 'end to end' pic of the fort as a whole. I think the fort can be captured better from on top of a nearby building.
Old 9th June 2009, 19:05   #19
BHPian

Wondering what happened to hotstuff, "long time no see." Nice to see you Xinging around again !

Vellore fort really looks nice. That plaque of V.L. Ethiraj reminded me of my long lost friend Ethiraj

Hotstuff, tagline at the end of your travelogue is missing. So...

Where is next
Old 9th June 2009, 19:17   #20
BHPian

Next was Kerala...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Wondering what happened to hotstuff, "long time no see." Nice to see you Xinging around again !

Vellore fort really looks nice. That plaque of V.L. Ethiraj reminded me of my long lost friend Ethiraj

Hotstuff, tagline at the end of your travelogue is missing. So...

Where is next
Thanks for your comments @Bombatt. You noticed the missing tagline .

Actually... while I was writing up the log, we were already packing for the 'next' trip/trek. Not actually a 'Xing'ing around trip since we went in a Tempo Traveller... I have some 600 odd photos to sort out from last weekend's trek. Will start off the travelogue tonight and finish it in two / three installments.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks