Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 00:19   #1
BHPian

out of india and into se asia

hi all. i wrote a thread a week ago but it seems it didnt make it onto the site.
thanx to all of you who have helped me and along this trip and i hope i have helped many of you too.
i think the northeast should be considered as the 'last frontier' in india for exploration by road. its beauty and culture are something worth driving far to see.
i gave sudipto back his bike yesterday and was feeling sad of course. then, later that night he called and told me he had 'abandoned' his car and driven the bullet home that night. that cheered me up and i still had a smile on my face today as i flew here to bkk. its also about 10 degrees cooler than kolkata so i am happy for that!!
yes, that is right. i am now and for the next several months a p p p p pedestrian. ugh!
but as arnold said, i'll be back!
as to the morgram sign. there is one in english just b4 you turn off the highway heading south. the roads to bolpur are not too bad and the roads around shantiniketan are very nice indeed. leaving i went via ilam bazar to panagarh(kaksa) and the highway to kolkata. no dhabas on that highway so bring something with you.
also, in raiganj there is the embassy hotel which i thought was nicer than the tourist lodge and a bit cheaper for an A/C room.
i will continue to monitor this forum when i can. i will probably be away from any inet for a few months though. dont feel sad i will be snorkelling, diving and laying in my hammock to absorb all of this trip! lol
later

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks