Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 17:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Damn! Those are nice pictures. Lush lawns make quite a sight. Thanks for sharing!
Old 17th July 2009, 17:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
How does one get in? Only if you have a booking in the hotel?
You need an invite, isn't it?
As of now, I am told that you can just drive in. The main gate is not manned anymore. Sometime ago, one needed to have a booking at Ekaant, but I think that is not the case anymore. If nothing else, I understand that you have to say that you are a prospective buyer, but again, I think those days are over. Some others here will be able to confirm this.
Old 17th July 2009, 17:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
As of now, I am told that you can just drive in. The main gate is not manned anymore.
If this is the scene, then how about bhp-food-meet at Lavasa?
Old 17th July 2009, 18:06   #19
BHPian

Just got of the phone with the Ekaant guys. (I guess they will blame the tread starter for more than usual calls) All weekends till October 1st week @ Ekaant are booked. Weekdays aplenty.
A four starr inside, Fortune Select Dasve has rates of INR 5335 a nite. I guess a drive for lunch is very tempting. till bookings can be made.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest just that. Or, even better, after cruising around, get yourself a picnic lunch packed and head off towards Mugaon. Keep driving till you come across a place where you are alone surrounded by the hills, where the river has overflown the road, just a few kms out of Dasve, and have yourself a blast!
Ekaant told me just that too, btw.
PS: what I can't get over is the fact that a place like this is just a 75 minute drive from Pune. With just one toll, and fantastic roads. Long may this last!

Last edited by Sawyer : 17th July 2009 at 18:16. Reason: The PS
Old 17th July 2009, 20:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks very much Sawyer, i had never thought Lavasa is so beautiful.
i have added one more destination to visit when i am in Pune next time
Old 17th July 2009, 21:54   #22
BHPian

I guess now they let in cars just like that assuming you have come for sales inquiries. Here are some shots taken from just outside the city two weeks back. Didn't go in as I had gone on bikes with friends and didn't have time either.

Just to avoid misconceptions - those pics are HDRs :P
High dynamic range imaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attached Thumbnails
Eye opening in Lavasa-img_2317hs.jpg  

Eye opening in Lavasa-img_2398hs.jpg  

Last edited by meghan : 17th July 2009 at 21:55. Reason: more info
Old 18th July 2009, 05:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post

Just to avoid misconceptions - those pics are HDRs
What kind of misconceptions?
But thanks for the pics - and the technology addresses very well the problem of handling a subject with a wide range of EVs in it, it looks like. How did you go about capturing these images? The detail capture is very good as well, what equipment did you use?
Old 18th July 2009, 08:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

The other great thing about the place is that any car can take you there with zero discomfort. Even heading out to Mugaon, to be alone, while the road is not fully tarmacced, it is just somewhat uncomfortable, not underbody threatening. We were in the Paj, so no issues at all, but it was just more comfortable than a small car, nothing more.
For those who are interested, pics of the car in Lavasa are in a separate post about the car itself. A yellow Paj would really look out of place in that kind of a place, I think!

PS: the waterfront pics I have posted are from where the yellow building visible in the center of meghan's excellent photos are - Dasve town center.

Last edited by Sawyer : 18th July 2009 at 08:42. Reason: the PS
Old 18th July 2009, 11:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
What kind of misconceptions?
But thanks for the pics - and the technology addresses very well the problem of handling a subject with a wide range of EVs in it, it looks like. How did you go about capturing these images? The detail capture is very good as well, what equipment did you use?
I just meant that the pictures can appear unrealistic and not natural and maybe not like the eyes will capture the scene.
Pics were taken using a Canon EOS 400D camera using the kit 18-55mm lens for +2, 0 and -2 exposures and later processed using the DynamicPhotoHDR software.
Old 18th July 2009, 14:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
I just meant that the pictures can appear unrealistic and not natural and maybe not like the eyes will capture the scene.
Pics were taken using a Canon EOS 400D camera using the kit 18-55mm lens for +2, 0 and -2 exposures and later processed using the DynamicPhotoHDR software.
Ok, so the next obvious question is how does one go about getting and learning to use this software? I have the camera that can do the multi exposure part, so what I need is the software tech. Was your camera on a tripod when you took the three exposures?
Old 18th July 2009, 18:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

@Sawyer, awsome place and your pictures have captured it quite nicely.

a bit OT but how is Lavasa compared to Aamby Valley?
Old 18th July 2009, 18:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

You know, I have never been to aamby - must check it out too. But from what I read, it is much smaller in scale, and hasn't really taken off the way it was planned to.
Old 19th July 2009, 18:44   #29
BHPian

Awesome pics! You have definitely chosen the best time of the year to be there.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:47   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

We went there in the beginning of May and stayed at the Ekaant. It is a good value for money place. There is no need for any invite, you just book on line and drive in. The drive is fantastic but you need to be careful on turns for morons driving on the wrong side. American dining place is good. The Welcomegroup hotel is also nice. We had dinner there. But except for these 2 places, you will not even find a chai ka tapri. Also there is no petrol pump in Lavasa, so fill up and go.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 20th July 2009 at 10:52. Reason: add info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks