Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 12:59   #31
BHPian

I was at Collem, a small village in South Goa. Near the Dudhsagar Waterfalls. Have not posted a travelogue though
Old 8th August 2009, 10:25   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Ahem! So the wait was worth it. Good pictures there and i can see that your entire trip was with clouds playing hide and seek. I am a little disappointed to hear that there was absolutely no rain while you were in goa.

When i was there last year around the same time, we had visited Fort Aguada and it was drizzling continously and it was fun to sip on your beverage and just stand on those walls watching the 5* resort on one side and huge ships anchored on the other side.

Neverthless, looks like you had lot of fun with your huge group. Some questions :-

Which hotel you stayed in Goa? Tarrif and room pictures please?

Where you guys partied? List of names, what you liked there (especially the food part)
Old 8th August 2009, 11:57   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Which hotel you stayed in Goa? Tarrif and room pictures please?

Where you guys partied? List of names, what you liked there (especially the food part)
We stayed in "Sea Breeze" in Calangute (I believe they have 2 more branches in other parts of Goa). The Tariff was a flat rate of Rs. 8000 for 3 rooms for 3 nights (two 4-bed rooms and one 3-bed room). I don't have any pictures of the rooms. The rooms were large and comfortable, and they have a decent swimming pool.

As far as partying goes, we stuck to the pubs/discos near Baga beach (BTW, Some popular ones like Tito's were closed for the season). A few of us have tried out the dancing bars in Baga-Calangute area, but they were disappointed. We stuck to salads and chicken snacks wherever we partied. The food at "Hotel Infantria" in Baga and the restaurant in the resort right on beach at Colva (can't recall the name) is worth mentioning. During nights we packed food (biryanis and fish rice) from "Hotel Sarvesh" near Calangute bus stand
Old 8th August 2009, 13:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nag,

Good naration, great pictures like before.
at hind sight, i think, As you had reached Gadad early at 8.45 PM, if you could have left early morning from Gadag (say 5 AM), then you could have seen at least some part of Hampi.

anyway, you all are happy, gained weight, got refreshed which is more important.
Old 8th August 2009, 13:27   #35
glenn

Nice pics , looks like you all had a blast

Old 12th August 2009, 17:14   #36
BHPian

Some pictures of the ruins at Hampi (I received these from the other group who stopped at Hampi on their way to Guntur)

Hyd-Goa Road trip Via Badami-dsc00396.jpg

Hyd-Goa Road trip Via Badami-dsc00407.jpg

Hyd-Goa Road trip Via Badami-dsc00411.jpg

Hyd-Goa Road trip Via Badami-dsc00415.jpg

Hyd-Goa Road trip Via Badami-dsc00430.jpg

Hyd-Goa Road trip Via Badami-dsc00445.jpg

Hyd-Goa Road trip Via Badami-dsc00453.jpg

Hyd-Goa Road trip Via Badami-dsc00457.jpg
Old 12th August 2009, 19:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nag, Hampi is a place that reeks of history at every corner and absolutely worth a visit!
Old 12th August 2009, 22:06   #38
BHPian

@Milecruncher - Yes, I agree about Hampi. I believe it is 8 Hr drive from Hyderabad. It is on my list for next 6 months.

Last edited by nagvasireddy : 12th August 2009 at 22:07.
Old 12th August 2009, 23:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
@Milecruncher - Yes, I agree about Hampi. I believe it is 8 Hr drive from Hyderabad. It is on my list for next 6 months.
I went there in Jan but due to a car breakdown reached 24 hrs late and got only about 10 hrs to spend there. Intend to go back again. Its about 330 Kms and route is Hyderabad - Jadcherla - MahboobNagar - raichur - Gangawati - Hampi. For most parts the roads are awesome and can be done in 6 Hrs.
Old 12th August 2009, 23:41   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Nag, the pictures of Hampi is fantastic. Though i am not a huge history fan but seems definetly a visit to check out the historic monuments.
Old 13th August 2009, 09:40   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Nag, the pictures of Hampi is fantastic. Though i am not a huge history fan but seems definetly a visit to check out the historic monuments.
Avi - these are some of the pictures they have captured in 2.5 Hrs time that they have spent in Hampi. I believe it takes at least 2 days to observe the major monuments at Hampi. Considering that I am brought up on a staple diet of NTR's portrayal of KrishnaDevaraya in some Telugu movies, and that I am a keen student of Indian history, and that Vijayanagara kingdom is second only to Magadha Kingdoms in its power and grandeur in pre-Moghul history of India, makes a visit to Hampi irrestible.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to warn you that the heat in Hampi is legendary & sunstrokes very common in the summer. It is especially breathtaking (and doable)during the monsoons.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:00   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post
Just wanted to warn you that the heat in Hampi is legendary & sunstrokes very common in the summer. It is especially breathtaking (and doable)during the monsoons.
Thanks for the warning Ami.

I dont foresee a plan before this winter for sure. But, now oh yeah, it will be only winters for this destination
Old 16th August 2009, 16:33   #44
BHPian

Amazing Pics

Amazing Pics, Amazing story, and now I wanna drive all the way to Goa...!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks