Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 11:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good pics Chevelle! I'd been there in Dec, 2004 and it looked a lot different in winter. We also drove further to Reno.
We'd stopped exactly at the same location as you for taking that pic of the Tahoe runway---I still have the pics on my camcorder.
We also drove by Emerald Bay and saw most of what you've posted.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good pics Chevelle! I'd been there in Dec, 2004 and it looked a lot different in winter. We also drove further to Reno.
We'd stopped exactly at the same location as you for taking that pic of the Tahoe runway---I still have the pics on my camcorder.
We also drove by Emerald Bay and saw most of what you've posted.
Yes, it looks a lot different in winter. that's why people go twice usually. we will be going again in winter too.

you can share your pics here if you want to. emerald bay is a must visit place. did u go down to vikingshlom castle?
Old 21st August 2009, 13:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Chevelle, Thanks for the beautiful pictures. They took me back 8 years in time when I was in Sacramento. Lake Taho, what clean and pure water, the greenery and the mountain roads, makes me nostalgic.

Where in sacramento are you based? folsom/ Rancho Cordova or somewhere else. Is the Taj Mahla restraunt still there in Lake Tahoe?
Old 21st August 2009, 14:14   #19
BHPian

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. Reminds me of the time when I missed the chance to go to the lake. I was very close to it still couldn't go. It was a miss!!
Old 21st August 2009, 15:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Yes, it looks a lot different in winter. that's why people go twice usually. we will be going again in winter too.

you can share your pics here if you want to. emerald bay is a must visit place. did u go down to vikingshlom castle?
I have videos in my camcorder, and I'll try to upload some of them.
No, we did not visit Vikingshlom Castle---I do recall seeing a similar structure from a vista point high up on the road beside the lake---BTW, we returned not via US 50, but by a slightly longer route via Auburn---don't remember the freeway number.
Old 22nd August 2009, 08:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I have videos in my camcorder, and I'll try to upload some of them.
BTW, we returned not via US 50, but by a slightly longer route via Auburn---don't remember the freeway number.
sure, would luv to see the videos.

that would be us-80

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks