Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 23:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

we covered close to 2500kms and we paid them 24000INR inclusive of state taxes/car entry fees and parking fees and driver night fare and driver accomodation.we tipped the driver a INR 3K further,ofcourse was not demanded at all.delhi-shimla-manali-dharamsala-wagah-amritsar-delhi-agra-delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Good detailed description of the places covered

If you don't mind sharing, Can you tell how many kms Innova covered during your entire trip and how much you had been charged for that?

Thanks!
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2009, 15:45   #32
BHPian

Man!!!!! Thats a great deal of description. If I ever go to that part, I am sure I will take a printout of this travelogue and blindly follow it. Thanks for sharing
Old 16th September 2009, 15:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Man!!!!! Thats a great deal of description. If I ever go to that part, I am sure I will take a printout of this travelogue and blindly follow it. Thanks for sharing
Sure thing.Whether you follow this or not,but do go,its one helluva experience.
Old 1st March 2011, 15:43   #34
BHPian

Re: A Himalayan Sojourn:Hyd-Del-Shimla-Manali-D'sala-Wagah-Amritsar-Agra-Delhi-Hyd

Simply Great Travelogue!

The reason for refreshing this year old thread is that I am planning to go to Shimla this March end and apparently you travelled almost at the same time of the year. No doubt, your post is quite informative and for sure a navigator for first time traveller, as somebody rightly said that one could take a print out.

The hotels you stayed seem to be on the expensive side. By any chance any suggestion for some moderate hotels, which you might have seen but not stayed ?
Old 1st March 2011, 16:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Himalayan Sojourn:Hyd-Del-Shimla-Manali-D'sala-Wagah-Amritsar-Agra-Delhi-Hyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Simply Great Travelogue!

The reason for refreshing this year old thread is that I am planning to go to Shimla this March end and apparently you travelled almost at the same time of the year. No doubt, your post is quite informative and for sure a navigator for first time traveller, as somebody rightly said that one could take a print out.

The hotels you stayed seem to be on the expensive side. By any chance any suggestion for some moderate hotels, which you might have seen but not stayed ?
Thanx!

March is off-season in Himachal,so hotels drop their rates by almost 50%.During the time we went our hotel list was like this:

Shimla-Radisson:10k for 2 nights
Manali:11k for 4nights
Amritsar:3k for 1 Night
Agra:5k for 1N
Taragarh:10k for 2 nights

If you let me know whats your budget,I could accordingly reccomend places or put you through to people who can help you out.
Old 17th April 2012, 11:48   #36

Hi RanjitP

One of my friend planning to take the same trip which you took in first week of May 2012 , he would like to know which taxi service you used and their phone number. He is a new member joined last week, but still doesnot have access to reply to any thread yet.

Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 11:59   #37

removing this post as I posted the same content 2 times.

Last edited by myham : 17th April 2012 at 12:15. Reason: repeat post
Old 17th April 2012, 12:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myham View Post
Hi RanjitP

I have a friend he is planning to take the same trip which you took , he would like to know the taxi service name that you used and their contact info , he is going to take this trip 1st week of May 2012. He is a new member here but has no access to reply or post to any thread yet.

Thanks
We routed all the bookings and the car via our friend who is the GM @ River Country Resort Manali-Rohit Ahluwalia.Your friend could speak to him to get the entire trip organised.I shall pm you his details.

Just realised that I cant pm you.here are the details.Feel free to refer my name(Ranjit from Hyd).
gm.rohit@gmail.com / 098164-76633.

Alternately he could also speak to Dheeraj at Delhi who is a travel service provider,we have used his services as well and found it to be excellent.His number is 099999-954575

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 17th April 2012 at 12:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks