Team-BHP - Golden Quadrilateral ? Well Almost
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Golden Quadrilateral ? Well Almost (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/65154-golden-quadrilateral-well-almost-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantejas (Post 1481824)
I think that pkumar knows me for a long time and he knows what I used to do earlier:D.
@Dev: from 28th Sept to 4th Oct, I am out on a bike ride. Haven't decided the route but will go wherever the bike takes me.

Knows what you used to do earlier...He he heh that gives me ideas dudelol:
I m on a trip from the 26th to the 2nd of Oct to Gokarna, Udupi, Jog etc on my bike, so tell me in case you are interested in doing that route. I will send you the details.:thumbs up

Kumar , you truly "Live to Drive" !! Amazing photos and a very good travelogue.

pvkumar, awesome, both the pictures and narration. Your driving of the last 24hours,1350km is something really commendable. Nice to hear that you didnt have any car problems on the way.Congrats to you for well enumerated travelogue, i just felt that i have visited all those places.Keep the good work going.Looking forward to hearing more from you!

pkumar, thats really a journey you should be proud of years to come, and kudos to your wife for enjoying the same - not many enjoy long hours in car and still love the travel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkumar (Post 1482197)
But the problem is I am feeling so sleepy that I can drive no more. I found a very brightly lit café-coffee day and parked the car there. After a 35 minutes power-nap, I was much better. I was definitely not perfect, but good enough to drive 50kms

Thats a very prudent and good self-analysed decision - all the qualities of a safe yet fast highway traveller. Fantastic. Five stars from me too!

@pkumar..Amazing Travelogue!

It just feels like I am travelling on the same path, You have captured almost entire stretch of road! :)

Here is the xls log of the journey.

Please note that for actual kilometer figures, you need to inflate the mentioned numbers by 1.5%. This is because the tyre is that much bigger in radius and the odo is calibrated withe stock tyres.

Bharat Darshan on GQ @ 33K RS

fantastic log PKumar
very useful for all of us.

What was that Rs. 300 Traffic Fine at Jaipur? Was it no parking zone charge?

Thats a very useful log. Thanks for putting it up.

Thats pretty impressive and informative , you truly live to DRIVE lol:

Thanks for sharing !!

Really appreciate the time and effort that has gone thru this drive and then explicitly narrating to us with wonderful photographs.

Just a note for future references while visiting Amer Fort in Jaipur. The 3rd alternative to reach Amer fort is to drive your own vehicle right till the gate. There is a very narrow lane on the left side just after you cross the Elephant stand and the Jeep stand which will take you right till the top. This is an official road way and there is a nominal charge to use it ( I think Rs 20/- )

For those who dont want to spend 750/- bucks for an elephant ride at Amer can enjoy the ride at Chokhi Dhani for 20/- bucks. Obviously time permitting!!

Very informative report of a very impressive drive.

@pkumar - Thats a wonderful travelogue. Finished it in one go. Not sure how many people would have the ability or stamina or patience (call what you want) to do night drives and long distances like 1000+ kms at a stretch like you did. I for one don't think can do it. Hats off to you man :thumbs up

@pkumar , if I'm not mistaken , I read in another thread that you have the ER60s fitted.

How would you rate these tyres now after the long drive? Handling, ride , grip , wet weather performance and so on. Would appreciate a detailed review.

Apologies for going off topic.

EDIT : Noticed the tyre review on the 9th page, would still like a detailed feedback from pkumar

That was a nice narration and the pictures of Delhi & Agra bring back lots of memories!
Lotus temple is a nice place to just sit and do nothing (meditate) :)

Thanks for sharing the trip log spreadsheet too.