Team-BHP - Golden Quadrilateral ? Well Almost
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Golden Quadrilateral ? Well Almost (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/65154-golden-quadrilateral-well-almost-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkumar (Post 1481157)
Yes the hotel stops were similar to yours. If you remember i took your help in locating Hotel Kanishka on the map. Thanks.

Yes, I do. Happy to be of help.

Superb tracking of the journey and excellent pictures at all the places that matter.:thumbs up
Still waiting for the traveller's own pics though...
Shakal dikha do bhai, ab bahut der ho gayi,:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 1481375)
Superb tracking of the journey and excellent pictures at all the places that matter.:thumbs up
Still waiting for the traveller's own pics though...
Shakal dikha do bhai, ab bahut der ho gayi,:)

Thanks devdath.

Golden Quadrilateral ? Well Almost-100_1973.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkumar (Post 1481433)
Thanks devdath.

The travelogue is amazing. Wanted to know one thing: how much time does it take from Bhuvaneshwar to Bangalore and back (Just to remind you one thing: I don't drive as fast you do!)? I am planning to go some time in Dec and I have 5 days I'd say. I am not sure if I can do a night drive.

PS: Seems like you are getting better food off late.

After 3 years as a silent member, this is my first post in T-BHP. No better way to begin than with your wonderful travelog and pics. It's always been my dream to drive all around India and your trip is more than an inspiration. Looking eagerly forward to the rest.

Cheers
Slakhs

Yep man, Excellent thread.. with great photos & detailed report :thumbs up. Very Inspiring to start a long drive plan.

Hope I too someday able to convince my better half for a long pending Blr-Gujarat-Blr drive :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantejas (Post 1481451)
The travelogue is amazing. Wanted to know one thing: how much time does it take from Bhuvaneshwar to Bangalore and back (Just to remind you one thing: I don't drive as fast you do!)? I am planning to go some time in Dec and I have 5 days I'd say. I am not sure if I can do a night drive.

PS: Seems like you are getting better food off late.

For me Bhubaneshwar to Bangalore was 23 hours of pure drive time. Add break time to that. And remember i havent driven fast on this trip at all. This is the pace that you would easily drive.

Non 4-lane sections are last 200kms into bhubaneshwar and first 300kms from Bangalore to Naidupet(via Tirupati). If you take the chennai route then its 4-lane from Bangalore to Naidupet. You would spend 1-1.5 hour more on this route though.

So the point is you could very very easily do night drive on 4-lane roads. Just make sure you are not on the first 300kms or the last 200kms when its dark. Petrol pumps are in plenty. One good place you can stop for food is Mandakini food plaza. This place is just a km before the Nellore Toll plaza, on the other side of the road if going from Bangalore.

This is actually the A1 plaza being acquired by these guys.

P.S. : Marriage does improve the quality of food intake. :)

Dear pkumar, Excellent travelogue and enjoying thoroughly reading it. I also belong to nearby place from Bokaro. Infact my brother stayed in Bokaro (Sector IV D and Sector V) for several years now he got transferred to other SAIL.

In one of your post you mentioned Chas to Chandil road is good now. Few years back that road was horrible as I used to drive from Giridih - Dhanbad - Chas - Purulia- Chandil-Jamshedpur.

Nice to know that road is imporved now otherwise we used to take big detour from Jamshedpur to Giridih via Ranchi - Ramgarh - Hazaribagh - Dumri.

Enjoying alot.clap:

Kumar Sir where is today's quota of the pictures ? :)

Quote:

Thanks devdath.

Finally we have the intrepid pair together.:thumbs up Waiting for the rest of it.

And yes, Tejas is not going anywhere....:D He just keeps asking...lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 1481511)
Dear pkumar, Excellent travelogue and enjoying thoroughly reading it. I also belong to nearby place from Bokaro. Infact my brother stayed in Bokaro (Sector IV D and Sector V) for several years now he got transferred to other SAIL.

In one of your post you mentioned Chas to Chandil road is good now. Few years back that road was horrible as I used to drive from Giridih - Dhanbad - Chas - Purulia- Chandil-Jamshedpur.

Nice to know that road is imporved now otherwise we used to take big detour from Jamshedpur to Giridih via Ranchi - Ramgarh - Hazaribagh - Dumri.

Enjoying alot.clap:

The roads from Jamshedpur to Ghatshila is a bit patchy, but nevertheless ok. From there to Chandil is very good surface now. Bokaro to Purulia has been good for at least last 8-9 years i have seen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 (Post 1481634)
Kumar Sir where is today's quota of the pictures ? :)

It would be there by evening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 1481659)
Finally we have the intrepid pair together.:thumbs up Waiting for the rest of it.
And yes, Tejas is not going anywhere....:D He just keeps asking...lol:

Tejas, comment please !! lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkumar (Post 1481755)
Tejas, comment please !! lol:

I think that pkumar knows me for a long time and he knows what I used to do earlier:D. I have sobered down in the last few months and I have not been able to travel a lot off late because of some constraints. Last Dec, I had to drop a car from Chennai to Kanpur but for some reason that too didn't materialize after. Hoping to go some where at least on this weekend and in Dec.
@Dev: from 28th Sept to 4th Oct, I am out on a bike ride. Haven't decided the route but will go wherever the bike takes me.

@pkumar: Seriously the earlier workplace was better man. It is difficult to get one off here. I will get back to my old form the moment I start feeling claustrophobic.
How is the road from Delhi-Kanpur? I remember that there were a lot of diversions about an yr and a half back.

tejas

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantejas (Post 1481824)
How is the road from Delhi-Kanpur? I remember that there were a lot of diversions about an yr and a half back.

tejas

It is breeze. pure 4-lane fun with absolutely no hassles.
I did it in 7 hours, one can try for 6.
Exit Delhi early enough. few signals on the Agra bypass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkumar (Post 1481853)
It is breeze. pure 4-lane fun with absolutely no hassles.
I did it in 7 hours, one can try for 6.
Exit Delhi early enough. few signals on the Agra bypass.

I did it 6:D but that was in the night and didn't have much traffic (I started at 1 AM and reach knp at 7 AM). I had to be careful after the first diversion! Was doing 150 and saw the diversion just about it time. after that it was only 110-120 till knp. Very neat roads except for some patches.

Quote:

Thanks devdath.

Attachment 190937

Very nicely framed! Lovely photograph. :)