Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 16:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wow ! Another fiat fan. Now, how much did you buy it for & what will be your costs in transferring it to Bangalore RTO ?
Old 21st October 2009, 12:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
An interesting purchase experience cum travelogue!

S10 looks great, decal & alloys add to the beauty, Congrats!
Thanks finneyp. The alloys look nice; however we did not like the decals and they had to go. Shall post the pictures soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Thanks for the welcome

I think your explaination is right, me too thinking it must be the name of that car, may be pet name
Welcome to TBHP WDM. S10 is a limited edition Palio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Wow ! Another fiat fan. Now, how much did you buy it for & what will be your costs in transferring it to Bangalore RTO ?
We paid 1.5L for the car esteem_lover. I am not sure how much we have to shell out for registration. Hopefully its not too much.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.It look fresh may be the color that adds the punch.
How about the OE alloys of S10? Alloys are good, but see if you can remove the stickers on the body, keep it more elegant.

You end paying 20K more for the re-registration & mediator charges & not much.Bt you need to be patience enough to complete all the procedures etc.
Get it serviced apart from going for any mods and understand the needs of the machine

Last edited by Ramsagar : 21st October 2009 at 12:55.
Old 21st October 2009, 13:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
We paid 1.5L for the car esteem_lover. I am not sure how much we have to shell out for registration. Hopefully its not too much.
Are you a permanent resident of Bangalore ? If not try to pay the road tax and retain the original regn.
Old 21st October 2009, 14:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the buy.It look fresh may be the color that adds the punch.
How about the OE alloys of S10? Alloys are good, but see if you can remove the stickers on the body, keep it more elegant.

You end paying 20K more for the re-registration & mediator charges & not much.Bt you need to be patience enough to complete all the procedures etc.
Get it serviced apart from going for any mods and understand the needs of the machine
thanks for the info Ramsagar,
The decals are already off. Shall take a few snaps over the weekend and post it.

Quote:
Are you a permanent resident of Bangalore ? If not try to pay the road tax and retain the original regn.
Yes, my friend is a permanent resident of Bangalore. Infact that is one of the plans; just pay the road tax and keep the original number.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:45   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, that's a wonderful travelogue + car buying experience. Strange things that a 1.6 S10 can do to folks :-)

Good that you took of the decals. The S10 looks stunning without any elaborate decals and the whole design/color scheme of the S10 has aged so gracefully. It still retains that freshness and doesn't look dated.

If possible get the original S10 alloys. nothing beats them.

Congrats to your friend on buying a wonderful car. I am sure he will have fun seeing all the 3 needles in the console move fast -- especially the fuel needle :-)
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
Yes, my friend is a permanent resident of Bangalore. Infact that is one of the plans; just pay the road tax and keep the original number.
LTT will be very expensive, so try to stick to the annual tax if it is allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Congrats to your friend on buying a wonderful car. I am sure he will have fun seeing all the 3 needles in the console move fast -- especially the fuel needle :-)
Priceless khan saar.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:35   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
.... You end paying 20K more for the re-registration & mediator charges & not much.Bt you need to be patience enough to complete all the procedures etc.
You sure about 20k? I think it would be more for the road tax in KA.

Quote:
... Priceless khan saar.
Personal experience saar . have been driving a 1.6 S10 for the last 1.5 years or so .
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:45   #24
c10
BHPian

Off topic.. I guess i spotted this S10 a week ago in Nagarbhavi.. I'm not a Palio fan but THIS particular S10 caught my eye...

Congrats on your new ride!!

Cheers!!
c10.
Old 26th October 2009, 11:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, that's a wonderful travelogue + car buying experience. Strange things that a 1.6 S10 can do to folks :-)

Good that you took of the decals. The S10 looks stunning without any elaborate decals and the whole design/color scheme of the S10 has aged so gracefully. It still retains that freshness and doesn't look dated.

If possible get the original S10 alloys. nothing beats them.

Thank you khan,
Yes the decals came off immediately, as we reached bangalore.

well for the time being, we are just planning on sorting out all the ownership transfer formalities and preferably run the car for a year or so.
After that we have some things lined up and the stock alloys top the list.

Quote:
You sure about 20k? I think it would be more for the road tax in KA.

Personal experience saar . have been driving a 1.6 S10 for the last 1.5 years or so .
Quote:
LTT will be very expensive, so try to stick to the annual tax if it is allowed.
Priceless khan saar.

couldn't agree with you more on the 3 needles!!
Regarding the registration, we have asked the previous owner to request for a tax refund from the Bombay RTO.

Also, we are going to just stick to road tax for the time being and push the registration to a later time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10 View Post
Off topic.. I guess i spotted this S10 a week ago in Nagarbhavi.. I'm not a Palio fan but THIS particular S10 caught my eye...

Congrats on your new ride!!

Cheers!!
c10.
c10, you could have flagged me down; we could have met and had a chat
I stay at Nagarbhavi 2nd stage near the BDA complex.
We can meet up anytime.
Old 26th October 2009, 17:10   #26
BHPian

Hey Gdsnv, nice going through the thread again,hope that the pcitures of the ice would be added to this thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks