Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 14:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Bogmalo Beach Resort if I am not mistaken ! Nice travelogue Ambivalent !
Old 26th October 2009, 15:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Nice travelogue, Mind sharing the resort name for us ?
I think I had mentioned it earlier...anyway it was Bogmalo Beach Resort , very close to Dabolim airport
Old 26th October 2009, 17:10   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice first travelogue. Glad to see you came out unscathed from that horrible Anmod-Ponda ghat section. I got stuck there once and it took me 4 hours of continous driving to cover 25kms and decided never to take that route again.

Btw, Bogmola beach is a bit dangerous as current is usually powerful there at that beach in addition to its different beach layout.

You didnt share the resort pricing. Was it 3K/night? or you took a package deal?
Old 26th October 2009, 17:43   #19
BHPian

Nice pictures ambivalent..I have been to Bogmalo beach (twice) but never got a room at the Beach Resort (it was always full - even off season) so had to stay at one of the plenty rooms available near-by (old houses turned into rooms).

I normally do book hotels in advance but in Goa it is more fun exploring the places/beaches and then shacking up where it takes your fancy.
Of course travelling with 2 kids I can understand your need for relaxation than exploration. :-)
Also at the beach entrance is a shack which serves some very good sea-food, did you try that out?
Old 27th October 2009, 08:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Bogmalo Beach Resort if I am not mistaken ! Nice travelogue Ambivalent !
Thanks. Yes it is Bogmalo Beach Resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice first travelogue. Glad to see you came out unscathed from that horrible Anmod-Ponda ghat section. I got stuck there once and it took me 4 hours of continous driving to cover 25kms and decided never to take that route again.
Btw, Bogmola beach is a bit dangerous as current is usually powerful there at that beach in addition to its different beach layout.
You didnt share the resort pricing. Was it 3K/night? or you took a package deal?
Thanks. I took nearly 3 hrs to come out of Anmod Ponda. Its quite frustrating. I covered Pune to Belgaum in about 3 1/2 hrs which is a personal best and then 3 hrs further to reach Ponda about 30 kms. It sound ridiculous but then I am just glad that I escaped without any damage to my car.

Hey it was a package I had booked online. it was one of the best deals I got. They quoted 18k for 4 days initially. Then they told me during the final online payment to pay 14k for a standard room and later when I checked in I was upgraded free to a deluxe room. Pretty good hotel. Nice swimming pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Nice pictures ambivalent..I have been to Bogmalo beach (twice) but never got a room at the Beach Resort (it was always full - even off season) so had to stay at one of the plenty rooms available near-by (old houses turned into rooms).

I normally do book hotels in advance but in Goa it is more fun exploring the places/beaches and then shacking up where it takes your fancy.
Of course travelling with 2 kids I can understand your need for relaxation than exploration. :-)

Also at the beach entrance is a shack which serves some very good sea-food, did you try that out?
Thanks . The resort was pretty full and I had requested for 5th or 6th floor but then I was given 3rd with a sea view. So I did not say much about it. I was dying to eat Goan food especially try out some seafood but then with two kids there was no real exploration. Also the resort had good vegetarian fare but their non-veg fare was average as their chef is a Gujrati gentleman I think. I mean he was a 50ish looking man and all the other staff were calling him "chef" or "sir". So I could understand. I was thankful that I did have a choice of 2 non veg dishes at least.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

ambivalent_98 nice travelogue. Pity you didn't get to enjoy the fish curry and rice. Where exactly is the location of the Maharashtra police that checked your car booth? Was it a place called Insuli on the mapusa - Sawantwadi road?
Old 29th October 2009, 11:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
ambivalent_98 nice travelogue. Pity you didn't get to enjoy the fish curry and rice. Where exactly is the location of the Maharashtra police that checked your car booth? Was it a place called Insuli on the mapusa - Sawantwadi road?
Thanks.
Well it is on the Mapusa Sawantwadi road just after a place called Banda. There is a bridge after which there a Ma.Po. (Maharastra Police) post. I was trying to take that road to go to Amboli but a couple of people told me to go from the Sawantwadi road as that short cut road is in a bad state. I did not regret this detour as the road from Sawantwadi to Amboli is OK.
Old 29th October 2009, 14:01   #23
BHPian

Hi ambivalent, very good travelogue for a first-timer and some really good shots to augment the experience. Reading thru' the travelogue got all my memories back from my trip to goa in Sep, about which I had written quite a detailed travelogue here. BTW, both our rides were the same (just that mine was a vtec) with the same color.

Seems like you didn't explore the North goa beaches at all, I guess becoz of your younger kid. Which actually gives you a rock solid reason to visit goa again in a few years time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
- Black Porsche Cayenne looks amazing. There was one near our resort and I saw it almost daily.
Any picture of the above for sore eyes!

Last edited by nnandi : 29th October 2009 at 14:03.
Old 29th October 2009, 14:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I was trying to take that road to go to Amboli but a couple of people told me to go from the Sawantwadi road as that short cut road is in a bad state.
ambivalent, I believe you are very lucky you didnt take that shortcut.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1537776

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1538536
Old 29th October 2009, 16:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnandi View Post
Hi ambivalent, very good travelogue for a first-timer and some really good shots to augment the experience. Reading thru' the travelogue got all my memories back from my trip to goa in Sep, about which I had written quite a detailed travelogue here. BTW, both our rides were the same (just that mine was a vtec) with the same color.
Thanks. Good to hear that you too drove to Goa in a City.

Quote:
Seems like you didn't explore the North goa beaches at all, I guess becoz of your younger kid. Which actually gives you a rock solid reason to visit goa again in a few years time!
Spot on sir. Will be going again and definitely to North Goa. Also would prefer to stay in another resort. But this trip has done wonders to my confidence of long distance driving with my wife and kids.

Quote:
Any picture of the above for sore eyes!
Sorry friend. No pictures of that...it was way too fast but the owner was
put up in a bungalow close to Bogmalo beach for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
ambivalent, I believe you are very lucky you didnt take that shortcut.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1537776

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1538536
Thanks for sharing those photos / experiences.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks