Team-BHP - Desert Rider Linea's 2000 kms & 6 days: Baroda-Barmer-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Baroda
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Desert Rider Linea's 2000 kms & 6 days: Baroda-Barmer-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Baroda (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/68116-desert-rider-lineas-2000-kms-6-days-baroda-barmer-jaisalmer-jodhpur-baroda-2.html)

..... was DIWALI.

No packing yet; I was just back from a trip abroad. This Diwali my better half had single handedly spruced up the house, did the lighting, prepared savouries and bought fireworks.

In the afternoon after lunch, we just stacked up the Tshirts & jeans, packed in some Diwali savouries for the road, did not forget the moisturisers & lip balms; some general medicines, sun glasses and some light woollen wear / scarves for the kids. (Deserts could be cooler). The idea was to pack as light as possible.

It was an eventful day and a more eventful evening. We started packing only at 1 am & hit the sack at 2 am.

.... follows

Lightinin, thanks for the information on a single log, looking forward to the narration and the photos!

Here on I will let the pics do the talking with some essesntial narratives. Details are in the travelogue / log attached (page 1)

Day was nice and bright. Temp was in early thirties. The 90 km of Baroda -Ahmedabad Express way was completed in 43 mins. Top speed was 150 kmph (son wanted to see it as I had done about 160 kmph earlier alone) . Average crusing speed was around 120kmph.

Viramgam bypass was narrow but good road. The strtech to Radhanpur via Dsada was boring as I had anticipated some wildlife. So no pics at all on this stretch; just used the handycam.

Radhanpur to Tharad was a very good stretch to drive and as we entered Rajasthan, near Sanchor, the sun was about to set and the landscape was taking an unfamiliar but exciting view.

Hey, that is a nice teaser, looking for more to come!

From Barmer to Munabao - there is practically no habitation. Small thatched huts were seen in the beginning of the trip - is that is the case in most villages in that region.

Munabao station was spic and span. It was what we thought the final frontier. To those who have not read the Trip log attached in page1, read thru first to enjoy the pics that will follow later.

...... TBC

The Ind/Pak fence is the most fiercely guarded. Hotline exists between such key posts on both sides of the border. Any suspicious activity on either side is discussed on telephone first.

Pakistan side railway station (I think called Khokrapar) is seen next followed by their observation posts. Our side of the border is in Barmer district. Their side is in Sindh province & Umarkot district. Umarkot is just as far as Barmer (120 km). I checked Google Earth for Umarkot and found pics of huts that looked similar to our side ....

... The desert landscapes follow next.

Wow!! Want some more.especially since it involves the Linea petrol. By the way how did the car perform under such desert conditions and any niggles?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranava999 (Post 1551378)
Wow!! Want some more.especially since it involves the Linea petrol. By the way how did the car perform under such desert conditions and any niggles?

Hi Pranava,

I was expecting the worst but the roads were good. The car performed over expactations under desert conditions and I am so pleased with the baby...

No niggles absolutulely. I have had issues with the seat lever that is going to be sorted out during my first service due this week. The gear shift and the engine has smoothened and driving the car in the city is a breeze.clap:

Cheers, Sam

Nice log and nice pictures! It must have been thrilling to be at the border.

All heavily fenced and guarded, and then 'Welcome to Pakistan' on a closed gate.. what do you call such a thing, paradoxical?

The first sand-dune - 5 kms from the international border and on the Sundra Road.

One can see the BSF observation post in the second picture - in the middle of the huts.

Excellent and never seen pictures. Seeing border so closely is a feeling great in itself. Good to hear that Linea performed very well. do keep the thread alive with more pictures.

Views from Miajla to Kheri in the sanctuary. Then on to Jaisalmer.

Splendid photos, looking forward to more!

The streets of Jaisalmer define the life there. How time stands still is best explained by these pictures of majestic yellow Havelis.

Nice pictures, the haveli walls are they painted that colour or is it some other materials, really liked the small intricate carvings!