Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:05   #16
BHPian

Hi guys i am planning to Guruvayur this week.

Please suggest me whether the following route is correct or lengthy
Bangalore- Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Salem-Erode-Palladam-Avinashi-Coimbatore-Palakkad-Thrichur-Guruvayur.

How is the idea of going through Mettur/Bhavani. If possible please explain the route.

Note- I would not like to take the Bangalore- Mysore-Bandipur route.

Last edited by rki2007 : 23rd September 2010 at 12:06. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:33   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi guys i am planning to Guruvayur this week.

Please suggest me whether the following route is correct or lengthy
Bangalore- Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Salem-Erode-Palladam-Avinashi-Coimbatore-Palakkad-Thrichur-Guruvayur.
Highway is better to reach Avinashi. Palladam I think does not Figure in that route.
Old 4th May 2012, 16:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: One Full Tank on my Black Beauty: Bangalore - Guruvayur -Bangalore: Verna CRDI SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarunM View Post

1) Bangalore - Mysore - Gundalpet - Bandhipur - Gudalur - Nilambur - Perithalmanna - Pattambi - Kunnamkulam - Guruvayur.

Total distance approx - 390 Kms. While this route would not only be shorter but also a scenic one as it traverses through the Bandipur and Madumalai National parks, coupled with a Ghat section from Gudalur to Nilambur and ofcourse our very own Bangalore - Mysore Road.
The Car-
I know it is a Travelogue review, but just want to put in a few words for my Black Beauty. For a diesel vehicle it is amazingly silent.The car handles really well through the twisty sections and also has an amazing pick up. The uphill climb especially on the ghat section near Krishnagiri was a piece of cake because of the high torque (240 Nm). The straight line speed of the car would put a lot of others in the same segment to shame. The ABS is a real boon.One bad thing I would like to mention is that the car is a little bouncy over uneven roads. But critics can find N no. of reasons, however I would still give a thumbs up for the Verna CRDI!!!
Hey stumbled upon this thread and must say Varun a nice write up there and a very nice black beauty of yours. Had a query on the route to Kannur / Cannanore-

1) Bangalore - Mysore - Gundalpet - Bandhipur - Gudalur - Nilambur - Perithalmanna - Pattambi - Kunnamkulam - Guruvayur.

Would this be the same route ( mostly till reaching Kerala border) to Kannur and where should be the deviation taken to Kannur once in Kerala.
Old 4th May 2012, 22:43   #19
BHPian

Re: One Full Tank on my Black Beauty: Bangalore - Guruvayur -Bangalore: Verna CRDI SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Hey stumbled upon this thread and must say Varun a nice write up there and a very nice black beauty of yours. Had a query on the route to Kannur / Cannanore-

Would this be the same route ( mostly till reaching Kerala border) to Kannur and where should be the deviation taken to Kannur once in Kerala.
Please refer:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...needed-59.html

If you are starting from Bangalore, the deviation/fork towards Kannur from the route mentioned above happens before Mysore itself !
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks