Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 21:07   #16
BHPian

Lucky Guy!!

@ Bala.. nice write up and amazing pics of the Tiger!!

It is so true, whenever you go to a jungle and hop on a safari and are made to believe that you would see a "Big Cat" for sure, you keep your eyes open all thru, like an owl but you dont get to see anything. And when you go just pass by the jungle, least expecting to see any thing..then you see the best of sights of Big Cats and other wild animals that others only hope to see and spend days staying in the Jungle.

This happened to me also.. i had been to Mudumalia (T.N) and for two days could not see what i wanted to and while returning back to Banglore, out of nowhere i see a Leopard crossing the road. Did not have my camera ready to shoot and by the time i got ready it crossed the road and was in the vegitation on the side of the road, i could still see him and wished that it could turn and give me a nice pose..and lo! it happened, it turned and gave me the look i wanted to see..
Attached Thumbnails
A Trip to Jim Corbett-leopard.jpg  

Old 6th November 2009, 10:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I am so jealous man....
csentil, It is just pure luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Great pictures dude!!And yes as all have said you are very lucky to spot a tiger on your 1st visit!!! I have been there 4 time in the past 2 years and never spotted a tiger.
Sometimes it plain luck!!! You can now imagine the excitement that comes with experiencing something like this in the wild. This is exactly what make me go there again and again!!!
Thanks. Yes the excitement of spotting wildlife in its natural habitat is something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
@ Bala.. nice write up and amazing pics of the Tiger!!

It is so true, whenever you go to a jungle and hop on a safari and are made to believe that you would see a "Big Cat" for sure, you keep your eyes open all thru, like an owl but you dont get to see anything. And when you go just pass by the jungle, least expecting to see any thing..then you see the best of sights of Big Cats and other wild animals that others only hope to see and spend days staying in the Jungle.

This happened to me also.. i had been to Mudumalia (T.N) and for two days could not see what i wanted to and while returning back to Banglore, out of nowhere i see a Leopard crossing the road. Did not have my camera ready to shoot and by the time i got ready it crossed the road and was in the vegitation on the side of the road, i could still see him and wished that it could turn and give me a nice pose..and lo! it happened, it turned and gave me the look i wanted to see..
RuffRyder, Yes it is true. I had been to Mudumalai, Bandipur twice & both the time I could spot Elephant's & Bison's, which is very easy to spot, but spotting & Tiger or Leopard is very rare.
Once I had been to Gir forest, where people say that you are guaranteed to spot a Lion as the Lion population is huge. When I went there, I could not spot a single Lion & behold a Leopard crossed the road in front of us. After the safari, when we came out to have some tea at a teastall outside Gir, they asked us, whether we spotted any Lion's. We answered in negative & told that we could spot only a Leopard & they were all astonished & told that we were really lucky as spotting a Leopard is very very difficult than spotting any other cat in the Indian Jungle.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics Bala R.!
Thinking about going on a trip this month to Jim corbett now.
Old 7th November 2009, 17:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Bala R,
Excellent sightings and close encounters, thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Old 8th November 2009, 09:25   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the tiger sighting! Nice travelogue and pics.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Man, you are lucky to have spotted a tiger so close. We had been there two years back and our entry was fromLohachaur gate,Sonanadi wildlife sanctuary. I couldn't spot any tiger, but on the way saw many deers,hynea,and other wild animals which I couldn't recognize. Inside the sanctuary, saw a couple of panthers(that is what they looked like,no stripes on them) feeding on a dead animal. My bad luck did not have a digi then, was rolling on reel camera

Last edited by bblost : 8th November 2009 at 21:42. Reason: font tags removed. Please read announcements section
Old 8th November 2009, 23:20   #22
BHPian

You spotted a tiger. That makes your trip memorable.
Old 9th November 2009, 10:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Excellent pics Bala R.!
Thinking about going on a trip this month to Jim corbett now.
The best time to visit would be summer, when the chances of sightings are high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Bala R,
Excellent sightings and close encounters, thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonguy View Post
Congrats on the tiger sighting! Nice travelogue and pics.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Man, you are lucky to have spotted a tiger so close. We had been there two years back and our entry was fromLohachaur gate,Sonanadi wildlife sanctuary. I couldn't spot any tiger, but on the way saw many deers,hynea,and other wild animals which I couldn't recognize. Inside the sanctuary, saw a couple of panthers(that is what they looked like,no stripes on them) feeding on a dead animal. My bad luck did not have a digi then, was rolling on reel camera
I doubt there are hynea's in Jim Corbett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
You spotted a tiger. That makes your trip memorable.
Thanks. It was indeed a memorable trip. My daughter even now tells everyone that she saw a tiger.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala_R View Post

I doubt there are hynea's in Jim Corbett.

Maybe, you are right. But that is what they looked like, am prretty sure.
Old 9th November 2009, 19:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Kudos - zimbly amazing. I know guys who have been there FIVE times, and seen None!
Old 3rd August 2017, 23:30   #26

Re: A Trip to Jim Corbett

Which zone of Jim Corbett National Park is most densely Tiger populated?
Are there accommodation to stay overnight for civilians apart from Forest service men?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks