Team-BHP - October In Niagara And New York
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   October In Niagara And New York (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/68950-october-niagara-new-york.html)

Folks,

I managed to get some leave and visit New York and Niagra.

The Niagra river branches into two - the Horseshoe falls in Canadian territory and the American Falls in US territory.If one has to see the Horseshoe Falls close from US Territory,the Maid Of The Mist boat is the best option.

Let the pics do the talking.

American Falls At Niagra

Ladies And Gentlemen - presenting the Horsehoe Falls

View Of the Boat and the Falls From The Observatory Deck

Now let's move on to Times Square New York

Ground Zero(here "Lokhand Series") and Manhattan on a Cloudy Day

The Statue Of Liberty,Tree in Fall on Liberty Island ,The Staten Island Ferry and the Ellis Island

aaaaaaaaand finally Manhattan in the clouds

aur maangta hai???

good pics! did you also click pictures from top of the empire state? ny looks amazing from there as well...

I can't forget the 15 mins I spent at Ground Zero. I met a teary eyed septuagenarian (he looked 70+). There were lot's of people paying homage to their friends and relatives who died there.
I asked him whether he too lost some relative. He looked at me and stated that he was a carpenter who worked there while the building was constructed. "I lost my babies", he said referring to the towers.
I was stunned and left speechless.

You should've taken a short ride on the chopper. The views are pretty nice at this time of the year. There are a couple of them across the Hudson in Jersey (one of them is right outside the GS tower at 30 Hudson St).

I hope you had the time to check out the nightlife in the meatpacking district. Some of them are simply out of this world.

P.S.: It's NiagAra. :)

Pictures of the falls is nice, the picture with trees with Autumn colours is great.... never visited there, so ver keen to learn from pictures. Add some human interest stories, always interesting to get different perspectives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan75 (Post 1572270)
You should've taken a short ride on the chopper. The views are pretty nice at this time of the year. There are a couple of them across the Hudson in Jersey (one of them is right outside the GS tower at 30 Hudson St).

I hope you had the time to check out the nightlife in the meatpacking district. Some of them are simply out of this world.

P.S.: It's NiagAra. :)

Chopper?I did see one hovering overhead when we were on the ferry.But am not sure if the ride is "affordable".
It was pretty cold and so I didn't venture out much - maybe next time;)
I am normally very careful with spellings - don't know how I messed this one up -thanks anyway
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal (Post 1572200)
good pics! did you also click pictures from top of the empire state? ny looks amazing from there as well...

No,didn't go there since visibility was poor - this is the second time weather played spoilsport
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramkya1 (Post 1572456)
Pictures of the falls is nice, the picture with trees with Autumn colours is great.... never visited there, so ver keen to learn from pictures. Add some human interest stories, always interesting to get different perspectives.

Thanks.The pics were shot using a very humble Canon Powershot A520 4MP.I shot short video clips of Niagara as well on this camera.

Great experience overall.

However,except fresh air,nothing comes free in the US

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigsom (Post 1572823)
Chopper?I did see one hovering overhead when we were on the ferry.But am not sure if the ride is "affordable".

Yah, about $150-200 pp.

Simply superb pics Som, don't know how I missed this thread ! There was a joke going around during my college days (Late 80's Early 90's) that when any Indian student went to the US for further studies, the first trip they would make would be to see the Niagara Falls and take the customary pic there with the falls as a backdrop ! :) Any more pics to come ?

@vigsom, nice thread and pictures. brings back memories of the good time I had with friends touring the upstate NY. Did you visit Alexandria Bay, 1000 islands and surrounding area as well?

I remember that 1 night we had to sleep in the car itself as no motel rooms were available in any nearby town of Buffalo it being the prom weekend :D. We tried some 5-6 nearby towns and then decided that the best option is to sleep in the car itself

Quote:

.. when any Indian student went to the US for further studies, the first trip they would make would be to see the Niagara Falls and take the customary pic there with the falls as a backdrop...
Well, the US side of Niagra Falls could very well be renamed Mahatma Gandhi Park. But for the beautiful landscape and natural beauty, one can assume being at a park in India. :)