Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2016, 13:06   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I thought Vengurla - Shiroda.

Does anyone have any ideas of places to stay in the area that offer reasonable comfort - my wife will be with me - and excellent local sea food? Those with a view of the sea will be preferred, but not absolutely essential.
There is MTDC resort at Sagareshwar beach, vengurla. Excellent location of that resort, right on the beach.
Search net for maharashtratourism.gov.in for online booking.
There are some private resorts near shiroda but Mtdc vengurla is the best in that area.
Old 12th August 2016, 13:15   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Back from a ten day break in konkan/goa in the Gypsy

Is MTDC any good now? Most places, even the one at Tarkarli are as bad to live in as how well designed and located they are.

I have a mind to stay in a home in the Vengurla area and use it as a base for moving around.
Old 13th August 2016, 10:35   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is MTDC any good now? Most places, even the one at Tarkarli are as bad to live in as how well designed and located they are.

I have a mind to stay in a home in the Vengurla area and use it as a base for moving around.
Mtdc resorts have pros n cons.
Still mtdc resort is best bet if it is Vengurla.
If homestay is on your agenda, then no need to book in adv as its off season, select it on the spot as per your likings. If you prefer to book homestay in advance, then there is pdf file of Sindhudurg district homestay options available on mtdc website.
Old 13th August 2016, 11:11   #94
Senior - BHPian

I was surprised to find one of the best reviewed home stays in Vengurla booked for all of the last week of August, so I changed my plan to leave a week earlier to be able to stay there and explore the area after an overnight at Amboli, after a leisurely lunch in Kolhapur. Quite a change to not be driving hard to reach Goa in 7-8 hours from Pune!

I have a thought of making sure to have at least one lunch at Chaitanya in Malvan, though I am reading mixed reviews these days. Back in 2009, I had an excellent meal there, the highlight of the stay.
Old 15th August 2016, 09:33   #95
Senior - BHPian

The Malvan leg of the drive is partially in quest of the perfect Malvani seafood meal - does anyone have any suggestions from recent experience?

Back in 2009, lunch at Chaitanya restaurant was the highlight of the stay, but I get a sense that success might have gone to their head.

Any thoughts/suggestions most welcome.
Old 15th August 2016, 18:19   #96
BHPian

Quote:
The Malvan leg of the drive is partially in quest of the perfect Malvani seafood meal - does anyone have any suggestions from recent experience?

Back in 2009, lunch at Chaitanya restaurant was the highlight of the stay, but I get a sense that success might have gone to their head.

Any thoughts/suggestions most welcome.
You can check out Atithi Bamboo. Had been there few years back and the fish was nice and fresh. Not sure of recent feedback. Note that this is more of a 'khanaval', with outdoor seating on plastic tables and chairs.
tiger_stripes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 20:47   #97
Senior - BHPian

I have eaten there in 2009; value for money but Chaitanya then was in a class of its own. I had met some Goans that had come there from Panjim for lunch!

It was expensive to an extent, but they made up for that by the way they plonked down a jug of solkadi on the table; no charge for any refills. It was probably the best meal I had in my entire stay in Malvan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks