Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 00:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore

I do not know if this would qualify for the travelogue but i thought this is one place which is so near to bangalore and very less frequented by people.
I am not writing up the details as my close friend had penned it and was published in bangalore mirror. So i am attaching the article with additional pics.

Article Courtesy: Bangalore Mirror and My friend Srinidhi.

BGMIR_2009_11_10_11.pdf

The last pic has a snap of our mode of transport to this place
Attached Thumbnails
Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7117-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7145-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7147-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7148-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7149-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7152-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7153-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7154-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7161-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7172-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7176-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7177-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7188-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-100_7212-medium.jpg  

Revisiting history at Channarayana Durga: Trekking Near Bangalore-p1040944-medium.jpg  

Last edited by Samurai : 25th November 2009 at 07:46. Reason: Correcting the title
Old 25th November 2009, 07:11   #2
BHPian

Why dont you provide the place name, distance etc... ?
Old 25th November 2009, 07:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Why dont you provide the place name, distance etc... ?
I have attached the article published in bangalore mirror written by my friend which has the details.
It is there after the last pic, sorry for that.

Mods,
Is it possible to rearrange the pdf to appear first.
Old 25th November 2009, 08:01   #4
BHPian

Nice pictures. It is indeed a lovely place. It is Channarayana Durga, near Madhugiri. Madhugiri is in Tumkur district around 100 km from Bangalore. You will have to take a deviation just before Madhugiri.

Ideal for a one day trip for trekking enthusiasts. The fort is in a surprisingly good condition.

Rajan
Old 25th November 2009, 09:20   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Nice pictures. It is indeed a lovely place. It is Channarayana Durga, near Madhugiri. Madhugiri is in Tumkur district around 100 km from Bangalore. You will have to take a deviation just before Madhugiri.

Ideal for a one day trip for trekking enthusiasts. The fort is in a surprisingly good condition.

Rajan
Really seems to be a nice place. So where do you need to branch off from NH4?
Old 25th November 2009, 12:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Really seems to be a nice place. So where do you need to branch off from NH4?
Take a right turn near Dobbspet towards Madhugiri. After Koratagere, take the left turn which goes to Siddara betta.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:58   #7
Team-BHP Support

There is some confusion here. The place is listed as Devarayanadurga and not Channarayandurga.

Devarayanadurga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are we talking about the same place. I was planning to go there over the weekend.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

@ampere,
Devarayanadurga is different place and Channarayandurga is different. Devarayanadurga is very near to Tumkur.
You cannot go to Channarayandurga with family as you need to climb the rocks over there whereas Devarayanadurga can reached by vehicles easily.
Old 13th January 2010, 23:39   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@ampere,
Devarayanadurga is different place and Channarayandurga is different. Devarayanadurga is very near to Tumkur.
You cannot go to Channarayandurga with family as you need to climb the rocks over there whereas Devarayanadurga can reached by vehicles easily.
The problem is that for both these places you need to turn at Dobbspet. Hence the confusion. Thanks for clearing this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks