Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 13:49   #31

amit_mechengg:
Thanks for the full Konkan map. During our last visit, we only had a general map and reached Dapoli by asking locals on the way. It was a very isolated route in many parts and tricky meeting people in small "vasti" (very small group of hutments usually less than 5) near the road to ask directions, now our next tour there with the Konkan Map will help us better. Last time we missed the Dolphin site-seeing boats, as we had a very short weekend. Thanks for those photographs.
Shishya
Old 11th December 2009, 14:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic pictures Amit. I have been wanting to do this trip after I read Sawyer's travelogue earlier.

Thanks for the map also.

So far I have only done Ganapatipule (thanks to all the help by Ashish), Kashid & Srivardhan. So still plenty of places to go to.

Amit & Sawyer, how did you book the hotels? Do they have any online booking? Did you come across any homestay option at these places?

-Biju
Old 11th December 2009, 21:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Biju, check out Homestays Delhi India, Guest Houses in Delhi, Coorg, Bed and Breakfast Delhi for homestay options, I used that for the Malvan and Velneshwar trip, great service. This trip it was a mid week, so we did not book ahead of time. Recommended now though, with the holiday season about to start.
Old 11th December 2009, 21:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

no online booking. some hotels ask to go to their pune offices to pay or drop some advance in the bank account.
for sagar hill i paid at their office near vijay talkies. for sagar sawali he accepted over the phone after i insisted.
Old 11th December 2009, 22:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

some more pics from the keshavraj mandir. the doggy in the snap leaded us all the way from main road to the mandir and then again back. i was so much pleased with the dog seeing its IQ level it eagerly ate a whole big packet of biscuits that i fed him. no where i missed the road due to the dog.
Attached Thumbnails
Memorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000518.jpg  

Memorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000519.jpg  

Memorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000521.jpg  

Memorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000522.jpg  

Old 11th December 2009, 22:23   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Biju, check out Homestays Delhi India, Guest Houses in Delhi, Coorg, Bed and Breakfast Delhi for homestay options, I used that for the Malvan and Velneshwar trip, great service. This trip it was a mid week, so we did not book ahead of time. Recommended now though, with the holiday season about to start.
MTDC website has a list of all Bed & Breakfast partners region/area wise. Im sure it can also come in handy though it doesnt have photographs and details as well as mygreatstay.com
Old 11th December 2009, 22:28   #37
BHPian

MTDC Bed & Breakfast

here is the link to the pdf file: http://www.maharashtratourism.gov.in...dBreakfast.pdf
Old 12th December 2009, 10:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Road Network Of Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishya View Post
amit_mechengg:
Thanks for the full Konkan map. During our last visit, we only had a general map and reached Dapoli by asking locals on the way. It was a very isolated route in many parts and tricky meeting people Shishya

Amit nice travelogue and photos

Shishya, here is a PWD website with road network maps of the different regions/districts in Maharashtra
GIS
Old 13th December 2009, 22:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

from Karde i moved on to Ladghar. on my way i visited the keshavraj mandir the pics of which i posted above. then went to dapoli and then took a right turn via krishi vidhyapeth towards ladghar.
reached sagar sawali. its a beach resort again. Ladghar is knows for TAMAS TEERTH which mean read sea. the Red Color of the sea is due to the red stones in the sea. there is a bright red color when there is bright sunlight.
Sadly we could not see the same as the sunlight wasnt bright.
Food at sagar sawali is very good. we stayed in cottage type accomodation which is very cosy and antique.
Memorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000530.jpg

the view from the porch of the cottage is amazing.
Memorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000525.jpg

check the red stones on the beach too.
Memorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000540.jpgMemorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000541.jpgMemorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000542.jpg

some beautiful flora around the cottage
Memorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000527.jpg
Memorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000528.jpgMemorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000529.jpgMemorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000559.jpgMemorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000560.jpgMemorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000561.jpgMemorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000562.jpgMemorable Anniversary!! Dapoli(konkan)adds Life-p1000563.jpg
Old 13th December 2009, 23:53   #40
BHPian

hi amit

can you give us the contact nos for the cottages at ladghar. ? also for other location where you had put up fr stay. will be really nice. planning a similar trip soon, thanks.
Old 22nd December 2009, 01:41   #41
BHPian

superb pics and superb write-up.
how was the ghat between Poladpur and Mahabaleshwar?
I'm leaving in 2 days
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:10   #42
BHPian

@Amit -> Thanks a ton for the detailed map. I would really like to explore Kokan and the map you have given is awesome and would help in my forays into Kokan.
Awesome pictures too. Thanks for sharing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks