Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 18:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

@ Spitfire: Thanks. People accuse me of writing soo much; once I start, I have difficulty stopping, loose fingers , no brakes, only accelerator!!!!

@ Contact me 27: Thanks.

@ cnaganathan: Lovely pictures, planning to take a deeper trip into the real Rann sometime this year. My friend Bhavesh, the bird-watcher has promised to take me real interior where no man has gone!!!!

@Khan_sultan: Thanks, I gree fully, there's so much to see and so little time.

@ Long drive Bhai: Thanks, a drive to Rann would be a fitting tribute to your ride. Believe me, your truck would be tested to the limits, this is jeep / gypsy country.

Someone took a 4x4 scorpio in to the Rann last month, overturned, 2 guys had fractures, eye-witnesses said guys were rash and did not know how to drive. Just shows, the land is unforgiving.

------

Last edited by ramkya1 : 11th January 2010 at 18:52.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ramkya1,
A wonderfully written travelogue and pics.
Takes you right there, thanks for sharing,
Regards,
Old 13th January 2010, 10:11   #18
BHPian

Ramkya1, Simply great. Loved the way you captured the flora and fauna of that place.

Cheers
Old 13th January 2010, 12:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

A wonderful, peppy, travelogue, laced with humour too. Wish you had labelled the avians for the benefit of us illiterates..

Ramky, you've been lying low for quite some time...
Old 13th January 2010, 17:19   #20
BHPian

Well-written travelogue and nice pictures refreshes my memories of the visit to the same place on New Yrs...it truly is a warm experience, and Dhanraj deserves special mention too... now i plan to visit the Bhuj side of Rann later this month!
Old 13th January 2010, 17:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

@ fazalaliadil: Thanks
@ REMU: Thanks for your comments.

@ gd1418: Guruji Pranam. I am myself confused, all the birds look more or less same to me, tryin to learn. However, will talk with Bhavesh sometime and give some standard bird-shots with names etc., guy is out somewhere with his camera and bird-feeds.

Sorry, agree to being guilty of not doing justice to many good friends, been trying to balance web-life and real-life, difficult with so many forums, too much on the plate personally and professionally; will go on like this till April, I hope. Will call you sometime, slated to come to Delhi in Feb / March.

===
Old 13th January 2010, 19:03   #22
BHPian

Ramky, awesome write up. Love your quick witted humorous tell tale of the whole trip. Your anecdotes kept me in splits.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Ramky, awesome write up. Love your quick witted humorous tell tale of the whole trip. Your anecdotes kept me in splits.
That's a great relief, happy to see you saw the humorous side... was wondering if I should try that... a positive vote is an encouragement to try and torture some more ppl.

@ mathranik : Thanks. Yes, I heard the real Rann, the big one, is more desolate and exciting. Will try it some time soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks