Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 19:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Well, its my first long trip in my car, hence little apprehensive. Never been to POrur side, so needed that detail. I have been to Ramachandra medical college once. I saw a flyover over before that alongside the lake. Do I take the right underneath the bridge and then take left on the unfinished flyover to hit B'lore highway?
as ikoneer said, its not a problem at all. After Kathipara Jn its a straight shot. Dont take tension its not such a long trip. Maybe about a hours drive. Some pointers.

--> Porur Jn --> Pass Under the Flyover and go straight dont try to join the highway there -->Ramachandra Hospital --> Ponnamalle --> Motel Higway --> Hyundai --> Toll Gate --> Sriperambadur (By Pass) --> Rajiv Gandhi Memorial --> Nokia (to your left) --> Sunguvarchatram (by pass) --> Samsung (to your left) --> Arusuvai Hotel --> after about 30 kms --> Meenakshi Hospital (to your right) --> after 1 km --> Take road to your left --> road goes along a lake --> cross railway gate --> 2 kms --> A three road Jn (there is no road straight) --> take left --> take immediate right ( a small lane)--> you will find your left at the back side of the temple.

One more thing you can avoid Ponnamalle traffic by --> after porur about 4-5 kms you will find yourself at a Jn --> if you go straight you would go to Ponnamalle instead take right --> After 3 kms your will find a flyover take left there --> service lane --> after flyover join the highway --> you can by pass Ponnamalle. If you dint this too confusing, Just go straight and pass through Ponnamalle.

Last edited by Archish : 4th March 2010 at 19:13.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:25   #17
BHPian

This is really exhaustive buddy. Am sure a print out of this will help me out. Iam starting at 7am,. planning to have breakfast (on way) and lunch in Kanchi, any suggestions on good hotels. Ikoneer mentioned abt HSB, anything in Kanchi and towards kanchi?
Old 4th March 2010, 19:55   #18
BHPian

hope i am not in-fractioned for making this a chat forum

Which day are you going? I am starting at 7am on Saturday to Vellore - Bengaluru Via the same route.

If you are starting at 7 am, then you can have breakfast at Highway Motel after Ponnamalle. You should reach there at about 7.30 or 7.45 depending upon traffic and your driving style. You can have Lunch at Kanchipuram HSB or even Sridhar Cafe. Sridhar Cafe is a old timer hotel very famous during my Dad's days, my dad says quality has come down these days, but I find it perfectly good.

--> Hotel Adhinatha @ After Ponnamalle
--> Hotel Highway Inn @ Next to the previous hotel
--> Hotel Arusuvai @ After Suguvarchatram
--> Hotel HSB @ Inside Kanchi
--> Hotel Sridhar Cafe @ Inside Kanchi.

Last edited by Archish : 4th March 2010 at 19:58.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:58   #19
BHPian

Thanks buddy. Any more queries I will PM you.
Old 4th July 2010, 21:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

The Road to Sripuram from Vellore is almost fine except in one place. The traffic Police divert the vehicles in the town, Seems they are making one way and it will join the mail road after a couple of kms in the town, To take up Sripuram road you better take a right and left to follow the regular road. The new attraction on the High way are balaji Bavan and Arusuvai restaurent fro Chennai to Vellore and on return Sakthi Saravana Restaurent and seems they do have lodging @ 2750 for double Ac. We had Dosa and Poori which seemed good. Rate is O.K. Balaji and Arusuvai is not tried.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks