Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 16:21   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
One thing that struck me when I saw the sun rise photos. Desert photos can be tricky with exposure. But dude, where's your tripod?
Great adventure you people had there! keep it rolling.
thanx!!!

Ya i need to learn a lot, this was my first trip with the SLR. Need feedback on the pics and areas i need to work on.

Well i did have the tripod but unfortunately dint take it out that morning. Couldn't think of anything else but the cold. In fact the big horror was the batteries dying out.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:01   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
thanx!!!

Ya i need to learn a lot, this was my first trip with the SLR. Need feedback on the pics and areas i need to work on.
Kaushik. There are enough number of amateurish photographers around here. So not to worry about those technicalities as long as the snaps are so pleasing to eyes as those desert sun shots are!. Really liked them too much!
Old 9th February 2010, 17:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Kaushik. There are enough number of amateurish photographers around here. So not to worry about those technicalities as long as the snaps are so pleasing to eyes as those desert sun shots are!. Really liked them too much!
Thanx a lot for you compliments!!!

Well the idea is to improve my photography skills and take better pics and in turn capture the beauty better.

Am sure these pics will mean a lot a few years later.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hey Kaushik, Mihir, Varun (= Dil Chahata hai gang)

that is a great trip you had, fantastic photographs.

I am yet to visit Gujrat and Rajasthan as a tourist.
when i decide to go, your travelogue would be
a reference for sure

Thanks for sharing..
Old 9th February 2010, 18:01   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hey Kaushik, great pics, my friend. The desert landscape is a spectacle that many of us have never witnessed. You have managed to portray the desert's beauty very well! Keep on clicking!!!
Old 10th February 2010, 00:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hey Kaushik, Mihir, Varun (= Dil Chahata hai gang)

that is a great trip you had, fantastic photographs.

I am yet to visit Gujrat and Rajasthan as a tourist.
when i decide to go, your travelogue would be
a reference for sure

Thanks for sharing..

Thanx a lot !!! anytime bro.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:05   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Hey Kaushik, great pics, my friend. The desert landscape is a spectacle that many of us have never witnessed. You have managed to portray the desert's beauty very well! Keep on clicking!!!
Thanx a lot!!! Yes i need to keep clicking for learning better.

Oh ya desert photography was very difficult for a fresher like me.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

Day – 7 ...cont...Jaisalmer Town

In the evening, we drove around the city – saw a haveli, which is pretty much like a palace, visited that only lake there and clicked the beautiful jaisalmer fort snaps in the night!!!

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2273.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2274.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2277.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2279.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2282.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2284.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2285.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2291.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2297.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2305.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2307.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2312.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2317.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2318.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2323.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2324.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2332.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2335.jpg
Well plz bear with Varun for his colour combo(Yellow T, Red S and a Hat..lolol)....it was just a challenge that he truly took up after being ridiculed by us for carrying red shorts for nightwear...
Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2336.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2343.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2347.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2348.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2350.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2351.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-dscn6443.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-dscn6446.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-dscn6448.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-dscn6449.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-dscn6452.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-dscn6458.jpg

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 12th February 2010 at 15:07.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:20   #69
Senior - BHPian

Day – 7 - Jaisalmer Fort

But the best part about jaisalmer is its small bylanes in the market. Flush with traders that sell all kinds of things from clothes to camel bone (authenticity to be verified !) bracelets, neck pieces, earrings, rings etc., from yoga books to musical instruments, from paintings to artefacts. This makes the whole place very lively & colourful. We roamed around in these lanes for a couple of hours, deliberating over buying a painting, eating from the German Bakery there and checking out antiques. But, our main reason for roaming around so much was because we were in search of something. We had chanced upon it the previous day at the desert and Varun wanted to buy it. He had wanted to buy it since a year now. What was it ? Will we end up getting it ? Or the search shall remain unfulfilled. Guess we’ll have to wait for Day 8......

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2359.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2363.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2364.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2366.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2375.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2379.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2386.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2390.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2391.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2398.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2404.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2410.jpg
Old 12th February 2010, 18:01   #70
BHPian

Great pictures Kaushik, keep them coming, i liked particularly the angled shot of the wall.
Old 13th February 2010, 14:01   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Great pictures Kaushik, keep them coming, i liked particularly the angled shot of the wall.

Thanx a lot bro!!! will post the last lot soon
Old 15th February 2010, 21:36   #72
Senior - BHPian

Day – 8 – The Great Morchang Search & the drive back home

Date – 19th Dec 2009

o Start Point – Jaisalmer, 11 AM
o End Point – Mumbai, 2 AM 20th Dec
o Distance Travelled – 1,100 kms

__________________________________________________ __________
Date: 7th December 2008

Venue: Palolem Beach, Goa

Varun & Mihir were seated beneath their shack. Time stood still. It always does in Goa ! the shack next to theirs was inhabited by a couple of hippies and they were making music – music that gives you a high and takes you to a different world if you close your eyes and concentrate on it. Music that once you listen to it, is difficult to get out of your head. This was the case with varun ! The guy hippie was playing the bongo and the female supported him by playing a small instrument that complimented the bongo beautifully. It was this instrument that captured the mind of Varun.

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-dscn3070.jpg
__________________________________________________ _____________

A year hence, he still could not get the music out of his mind. Luckily, we chanced upon this instrument in the desert of Jaisalmer. A local boy was playing it for money. Varun was surprised and happy beyond imagination ! He offered to buy it from that kid, but who sells their modes of livelihoods ?? We got its name and place where we could buy it. The place was Jaisalmer fort and the instrument – MORCHANG !

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_1743.jpg

Yesterday night, we roamed all over the markets of Jaisalmer, in and around the fort. But nobody sold the morchang. Finally, we got the name of the place that sold it and managed to find it with great difficulty. Unfortunately it was shut. We had planned to leave early on the 19th, but now we would have to wait for the shop to open and try for the morchang one last time. We went to the shop in the morning and yes, morchang was available there ! Finally ! Varun bought a piece and now begin his practice sessions. We plan to go to Palolem next december and Varun has promised that this time it will be him playing the Morchang !

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2412.jpg

We left from Jaisalmer at 11 in the morning after a long night’s sleep, and after a super heavy breakfast of pyaaz kachoris & mirchi wadas & samosas & jalebis we were on our way. We decided to hit Mumbai directly, without a overnight stop in the middle.

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-dscn6469.jpg

And the next 1100 kms were covered in 15 hours. All of us were deep in thought regarding the amazing trip we had just made....
Old 16th February 2010, 20:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

THE END....in conclusion....

3 friends, 3750 kms, 8 days. It was a road trip, but it wasn’t at all about just the roads and driving. It was about “chilling”, it was about seeing new places... A lion safari, a 4.5 hour food & drink binge on the beach, rids on wild camels, camping in the desert, freezing to death while watching the first rays of the sun in the Jaisalmer desert, roaming around in the forts of Rajasthan, saving our feet from being bitten by rats in a temple full of rats – more than a 1000 of them. Yes, this was so much more than just a trip. It was a journey. And that has ended, yes – but the memories will remain forever.

Name:  map.bmp
Views: 503
Size:  837.0 KB

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_0603.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_0877.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-dahad.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-copy-dscn6032.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-dscn6048.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_0977.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_1320.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_1699.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_1787.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2037.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2054.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2073.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-dscn6438.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2335.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters - Touring the West - Beaches>Lions>Dunes>and More!!!-img_2363.jpg
Old 16th February 2010, 21:10   #74
Senior - BHPian

Spectacular! South, North, West - when you going Central & East?
Old 17th February 2010, 11:59   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Spectacular! South, North, West - when you going Central & East?

Thanx a lot Sir!!! Will do it ASAP.

These trips would have been impossible without your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks