Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 09:55   #46
BHPian

genesis, great pics and a fantastic narration. Really, you write pretty well.

I completely agree with you when you say that Maharashtra has some really beautiful places. Some of your pictures clearly show that. This same picture (of the lake and the tree at the far left) taken early morning in a shroud of mist makes these places look heaven. There are so many such lakes (backwaters of large dams) all along the western ghats. Some are barely 30 to 50 kms from Pune. Ah, if only, we as a nation, knew how to promote tourism! But then, the plus side being that because of our sheer lack of enterprise for promoting tourism, these places remain unexplored and give a feeling of raw nature to the bold and adventurous who venture around here, like you.

Last edited by ptushar : 17th February 2010 at 09:56.
Old 17th February 2010, 10:07   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
@mayurpalav: Thanks!

Actually Dajipur is still a zone where you may have a cellphone but it rarely works.
You have to go to high ground, angle it a particular way and then your BSNL has some chance of catching 2 bars. I ended up using 1 Rs coins in the red phone at the resort canteen!
It was a blessing to be able to stop the thumbs from hitting the sync button for 2 days!
airtel phones work at the waghacha-paani point. And also near the Math enroute to the top!
Old 19th February 2010, 09:40   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantanu Sarkar View Post
Excellent pics and extremely well narrated travelogue. This is nice to read your travel to a forest in western part of India in the same time that I'm writing mine about travel to forests in the eastern part. Cheers buddy. Great going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
genesis, great pics and a fantastic narration. Really, you write pretty well.
Thanks Shantanu and Tushar. Writing and photography are mostly inspired by multiple talented people on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
airtel phones work at the waghacha-paani point. And also near the Math enroute to the top!
Good to know. I always carry a MTNL (hence BSNL) phone as a backup on journeys. Airtel sucks bad outside cities (and even in cities )

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Hey Great pics!!!
seriously, the way we are loosing water its not funny. poor animals
Interesting conundrum. Bad for animals, temporarily good for animal watchers. Right now there is enough water inside the jungle that they dont need to venture outside the shrubs. Come april the big ponds probably become the only source of water and makes it easier to sight wildlife.

Now I want to go to Tadoba and Pench!!!
Old 19th February 2010, 13:56   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting conundrum. Bad for animals, temporarily good for animal watchers. Right now there is enough water inside the jungle that they dont need to venture outside the shrubs. Come april the big ponds probably become the only source of water and makes it easier to sight wildlife.

Now I want to go to Tadoba and Pench!!!
very true, thats the time i am also waiting for.

I know why you want to visit Pench & tadoba...D
Old 7th December 2010, 15:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
After some spirited conversation excused myself, went to my room and curled up with a book.
How I wish I was in your place. After a wonderful day of drive and woods curling up on the bed with a nice book and noone to disturb

I was on IM and was searching for some details on Dajipur and saw you give the link to TBhp.

Glad I read this - I plan to go there this weekend. I am praying my wife does not find some other destination ("commercial place")

I will call up the number you have given and see if there is some accomodation available.

Thanks for such a wonderful writeup !
Old 5th March 2011, 23:24   #51
BHPian

Re: Hiding Tiger, Snorting Bison: Dajipur, Maharashtra

Hey, nice travelogue. I plan to go this place in april. Is it safe and comfortable to take wife and kids?
Old 6th March 2011, 01:28   #52
BHPian

Just stumbled upon this travelogue Soumya da.

Excellent narration coupled with great pics. 5 stars from me.

Why don't you repack that Innova and come down to Nagpur for a while? Excellent time to plan both Pench and Tadoba.

Love your narration. Pray continue.

Dr. A Ghosh

P.S: are there any photos of the 5 reported Tigers with someone (maybe at the resort) ? It may help one of my friend who is planning to study the Tigers there for her MSc project.

Last edited by abheekg : 6th March 2011 at 01:31.
Old 21st May 2011, 01:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

@Genesis - Crisp Narration skills sir! Something for all of us to learn.

I have been really eager to visit Dajipur , last year i visited my village which comes just after you get down Gagan Bavda ghat while coming from Kolhapur.

Please do check the below adventure trip of mine

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...r-padmini.html

It must be around 25 odd kms from Phonda.
Since you mentioned that tracks are very tough which are not possible in a INNOVA, it WOULD have been foolish for me to try ( Lasy year i wanted to ) that in my PADMINI PETROL.

I am curious to know the few stretches that you feel INNOVA cant , what were they like exactly?
Old 22nd May 2011, 01:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

How about getting there at the start of moonsoons? Climate will be cooler and since vacations would have ended, no chance of usual picnikers.
Old 22nd May 2011, 17:01   #55
BHPian

Superb effort dada.
Love your storytelling.
Meet you very soon at Lonavala.

Dr. A Ghosh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks