Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2010, 22:36   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pics, Sourav, and it was good meeting you again today at the Claridges.
Old 26th February 2010, 18:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
.........Apologies for my style of writing below since am not a very good writer........
Not as confident of your writing as your driving Sourav? I thought it was quite a well written travelogue. And good photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
.........By the way, the guy with the french cut (thin guy), is not me, its my cousin brother.
Understood that as you've already appeared in some of the pics of your Delhi - Cal solo trip (and for other reasons of course). Worried people will think you are a thin guy?
Old 28th February 2010, 01:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Not as confident of your writing as your driving Sourav? I thought it was quite a well written travelogue. And good photos.

Understood that as you've already appeared in some of the pics of your Delhi - Cal solo trip (and for other reasons of course). Worried people will think you are a thin guy?

well...i have learnt my drafting skills from you afterall straightdrive...;-)

Was never thin...and never will be...as the team-bhipans who have seen me will swear on it,....and as u have seen me for two years everyday...never mind, joining swimming next month to reduce sufficiently for the next long long drive....
Old 1st March 2010, 01:07   #34
BHPian

Well Done SDB and Welcome to the 1000+ Club (Long Haul Driver's Club)

Its interesting to read about your familiar experiences on this less but well talked about DEL-CCU stretch.
Old 1st March 2010, 09:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics.Bodhgaya and Ganges were good.Is the GQ complete between Varnasi and Kolkatta or some distance is still needed to be complete.
Old 1st March 2010, 10:03   #36
BHPian

I love pics

I really love all the travelogues that people write here. And yours was no different . When will i gather the guts to plan a lone drive . I get scared even to drive from one corner of the city to the other. Someday i shall be as brave as you were .
Old 1st March 2010, 12:14   #37
BHPian

Hey nice travelogue and also good pictures... i too would love to do some drive all alone!
Old 1st March 2010, 12:37   #38
BHPian

Great pictures and wonderful read. Gaya has been a dream destination for me.

Just a word of unsolicited advice: keep the driver's door (and in fact, all doors closed) when you're outside the car. You can keep the keys with you (which means the AC will need to be off for the time you're outside) to avoid a lock out situation.

At the petrol pumps, it is very easy to get a truck/rushing taxi or a drunken driver to scratch off the open door or do something even worse. Or when you're not paying attention, someone can sneak in and drive away, making your life an immediate mess.

Also, the pictures of the side profile would be much better with the door closed. This is my personal opinion, you do not have to heed it.

BH.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 1st March 2010 at 12:46.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

That picture of Taj Mahal was outstanding. But then, that is also the most beautiful and photogenic human made structure, isn't it? Congrats for a great journey from North to East and back.
Old 1st March 2010, 21:13   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Nice pics.Bodhgaya and Ganges were good.Is the GQ complete between Varnasi and Kolkatta or some distance is still needed to be complete.

Some small stretches are yet to be completed. For example when you are entering JHK or Bihar (dont remember exactly right now), you have to take the road through a small village (short distance). But the worst part is through Isri Bazaar which is a long distance and you have to cross a railway crossing. Sometimes you may get stuck for 30mins, if not more. Loads of trucks, bikes, cycles etc on this two lane raod through the town. The flyover aross the railway line is still under construction.

Other than the above, I did not have to take any detour.

Its a smooth drive all throught out. Hats off to NHAI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks