Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:26   #1
BHPian

Bangalore – Ambegalu Navaneeth Krishna ( Chennapatna ) Weekend Drive

It’s been almost three months that I got my new Swift VDI , had not planned for a Weekend Drive outside of Bangalore .. errr .Bangaluru. After listing out the possible places like Mekedatu , Kanva Reservoir , Chennapatna and Chikka Tirupati , shortlisted Ambegalu Navaneeth Templa near Chennapatna for this weekend drive. This temple is on the outskirts of Chennapatna (approx 3 Kms ) on the Bangaluru – Mysore Highway.

This was the first time I am driving out of city myself along with family in my car, I wanted to make sure, I take precautions on the Car if it were to break down. Besides filling the full tank, Air pressure also took CAR manual along with me.

Initially planned to start at 6 AM , however could only start at 7:30 AM. Considering we stay nearby Mysore Highway (BSK 2nd Stage) I could hit they Mysore SH 17 in 15 mins. The SH 17 is nice to drive on, not much of a traffic being morning hours. Could drive at 80-95 Kmph consistently (high speed from my standards !! ) . Being driving inside Bangaluru most of the time had never got experience of consistently driving at this speed expect on newly built Electronics City elevated Expressway which is approx 10 KM long. Swift simply glides as this speed, amazing being a Diesel powered one. Apart from weekend drivers, State transport buses, there were these “vulgarly” powered two wheelers, driving at “ugly” speeds, risking all others using the Highway

En-route stopped for a breakfast at Kamat Loka ruchi – a Buffet Breakfast costing 70 Rs is a very good VFM .Menu consisted of unlimited Dosa, Vada ,Upma, Spl Idli – cooked in banana leaves, rice Pongal, Juice, cut fruits, Holige ( Sweet stuffed Chapati), tea, Coffee …list went on. I recommend this for those who pass by this Hotel. It’s on the right hand side of the Highway while towards Mysore ( approx 45 Km from Bangaluru ) . You can also visit the Janapada Loka adjacent to this Hotel – nice tourist attraction. However my aim was to reach Ambegalu Krishna Temple early, so we skipped Janapada loka this time. We hit the temple at 10:15 AM. It’s a Nice old Temple 1500 years old, among scores of deities - three main deities are Aravindvalli, Ramaapremya and famous Ambegalu Navaneetha Krishna. I was told Krishna temple is very famous among Couples wishing for offspring’s. There were sizable numbers of visitors being sunday. Please note Krishna Temple is closed for pooja between 10:30 – 11:15 AM . Had a nice Darshan and followed by Prasad served in the temple free. Food consisted of sumptuous Puliyogare, Payasam( Sweet) ,Bisibele rice and Curd rice. I recommend to have prasadams if you happen to be in temple between 12:00 – 1 PM. After completing this temple drove down to Nadhi Narasimha Temple around 1.5 KM away. One has to cross the Highway and need to take a small single non-tarred road ( approx 500 mts ). Had to climb down the road once as an Auto came from opposite. While doing so nearly scrapped the bottom of the car getting back on road !!.

The temple is situated on the banks of River Kanva though its dried now. Nice old temple again it was crowded being sunday, had darshan and started back. On the way back to highway tried taking another mud road through coconut plantations, however had to return back as a large Crane working on a railway line had blocked the road. There is a shortcut for Kanva reservoir from this place approx 15 Km if one is interested. We decided to skip this, started back for Bangaluru at 3:30 PM, while returning back, stopped at famous Kengal Hanuman Temple and some toy shops to pick up some nice colorful famous Chennapatna wooden toys. There was some traffic while on the return, however there were large sections where I could hit above 80 KMPH most of times. Reached back home at 5:30 PM safely.

Totally covered 120 Km during the day , though did not calculate the Mileage , however when I calculated before this trip when I filled in the tank, using full tank to full tank method I got only 14 KM / lts , maybe because I have been driving with full AC and inside Bangaluru most of the time.
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:47   #2
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Got photos to go with the writeup? I'd love to see photos, especially of the unlimited food they served for 70 bucks!
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:44   #3
BHPian

...I didnt click any photos in Kamat, but it was a quality stuff is what all I can say. Kamat is a renowned Hotel chain in South, they do have branches even in North as well. ...
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:34   #4
BHPian

Vajo, thanks for sharing. next time you are in the same area, please visit Sri Brahmanya theertharu's brindavana ( a madhwa saint and Guru of Sri Vyasa Thirtharu ) at Abbur mutt, near channapatna. The mutt is also on the banks of kanva river and is known for divine healing powers.
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:55   #5
BHPian

Thanks Rao, Yes some one else also suggested the same, I wish I should have visited Abbur....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks