Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2010, 13:09   #16

In Madikeri....

After the lunch at this Choice restaurant we proceeded towards our room at the resort.

This photograph was taken on the way back to our resort.
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5561.jpg

And we packed our bags which took about half an hour. Then we rested for about half an hour.

After settling the bills at the resort we started proceeding towards the direction of the elephant camp at Dubare via Chettalli (Shertala).

The elephant camp was about 28 km from the resort. We were told that the Golden Temple was also nearby. We wanted to go to elephant camp and from there we wanted to take the route to Kushal Nagar and proceed towards Mysore. we wanted to reach Bangalore by the evening. So we were in a hurry.

About 3 PM we started from the resort.

That's a pathway leading to the capitol village resort.
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5572.jpg

That's the picture of the room we stayed in this resort.
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5578.jpg

Those are the coffee plantations on the right side.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5583.jpg

The Road to Shertala from Coorg

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5585.jpg

It was On the way on the left-hand side we saw this beautiful view of the dense forest. I was thinking to myself this is the place where all those elephants roam around freely.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5592.jpg

The signboard somewhere near the elephant camp.

Name:  IMG_5597.JPG
Views: 3497
Size:  153.8 KB

We Didn't have much difficulty in finding this place as the route was clearly marked in many places.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5598.jpg

To our surprise the elephant camp turned out to be a very interesting place. In fact we missed the opportunity of coming earlier to this place probably we could have had a dip in the river.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5599.jpg

We could see a group of people having a whale of a time sitting in the no running water.
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5602.jpg

We could also see groups of people walking in the low water it looked very interesting. But alas didn't have much time. If you have time come prepared to spend more time here.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5605.jpg

We can also take our own Raft and go for a boating.

We took the boat to the other side of the river where we were supposed to see the elephants taking bath and feeding etc.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5607.jpg

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5612.jpg

Thats me after we crossed the other side of the river.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5617.jpg

But on the other side of the river we saw only two baby elephants with some mahouts. People were asked to take photograph of these elephants. There were no ceremony of giving bath to the elephants. Probably we went in the wrong time.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5619.jpg

So to the boat we returned back.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5629.jpg

Then we proceeded towards the direction of Kushal Nagar. Which was about 8 km from this place.

The time was already 4:30 PM.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5630.jpg

As I told you earlier the road through Dubare was an excellent one and we easily reached Kushal Nagar and proceeded towards mysore. After which by 9 PM or so we reached Bangalore.

Then we stayed that night at Bangalore in my friends place at Jaya Nagar.

The next morning we were supposed to pick up two more of our friends who came by train from Chennai.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5640.jpg

We will be staying tonight at Bangalore. And also tomorrow night at our friends place.
Then the next day morning as a whole team will move on towards Yelagiri

The next day morning we went to the Bangalore railway station to pick up our friends.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5668.jpg

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5671.jpg

After that we saw a few places in Bangalore, had breakfast in this place.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5651.jpg

Then went to this shopping complex which belongs to Mr.Vijay Mallya. this shopping complex houses one of the costliest brands in the world.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5698.jpg

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5700.jpg

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5703.jpg

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5715.jpg

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5733.jpg

Then after having lunch we went to this place called 'the favourite shop' at the College Road. There we shopped for our kids and wives. It's really a very cheap and quality place. You should not miss this visit Bangalore.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5780.jpg

That's the view of the busy College Road at Bangalore.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5785.jpg

There is a new central mall where near the place where we stayed at Bangalore at Jaya Nagar. this we visited by the night.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5821.jpg

Then we settled for the night after having sandwiches and excellent fruit salad at this place.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5833.jpg

To be continued ............
Old 1st March 2010, 23:41   #17

The next day morning we started our journey towards Yelagiri at about 7:50 AM.

As soon as we touched this elevated fly over it took only about half an hour for us to reach Hosur.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5834.jpg

It is really a boon for us nowadays as this stretch used to take more than one and a half hours normally.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5836.jpg

You simply whoosh by these buildings.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5841.jpg

That is the way towards Krishnagiri.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5846.jpg
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5847.jpg

At about 9:00 AM we stopped at this Bharath Petroleum petrol station, attached with 'Adyar Anandabhavan' restaurant for our breakfast.

This restaurant is an excellent place to have your vegetarian food. Don't miss this if you pass by this place. Which is about 6 km or so before Krishnagiri.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5852.jpg

Then we proceeded towards Yelagiri on the Chennai Highway.

This stretch I took the wheel from my friend. So I want to say a few words about this car Aveo. It's very stable and feels easier to drive but it lacks that acceleration that will make the car fun to drive. I have Hyundai Accent Viva 1.6 petrol -Red, whose tremendous acceleration I have come to be used to of. Hence this car felt little underpowered to me. I felt the same way even while test driving the new Honda city.

On the way we took a small detour through 'Bargur' where we purchased some cheap branded seconds shirts and trousers. There are lot of shops in this small place which cater to this seconds market.

Without having to come back to the main Chennai road, we touched Tirupattur road, and in about 10 km or so we reached Ghat road to Yelagiri.

It takes only about 15 minutes to climb this small mountain resort. This place is always pleasant having a moderate temperature even during peak winter and summer. This is more sort of a weekend destination. This place has got very good potential for tourism in future. It has also got a small but good lake where there is boating too.

The Main road in Yelagiri

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6148.jpg

The government has started Para-gliding at this place which is very close to this site.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5864.jpg
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5868.jpg
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5900.jpg

This place is at Pllakanniyur interiors of Yelagiri.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5935.jpg
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_5936.jpg

That's a picture of main road to Nilavoor at Yelagiri
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6052.jpg

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6108.jpg

This small pond on the way to Nilavoor at Yelagiri

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6058.jpg

This small lake at Nilavoor at Yelagiri

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6102.jpg

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6104.jpg

Bus Stand at Nilavoor

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6107.jpg

At Yelagiri one more of our friend Sikkanthar joined us. With his new i20. Look at these extras he has done to this car. That's Stanley leather upholstery.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6025.jpg

Look at the Sub Woofer!!

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6066.jpg
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6068.jpg
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6070.jpg
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6072.jpg
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6083.jpg
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6086.jpg

These were taken on the way to Nilavoor at Yelagiri.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6108.JPG
Views:	2502
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	298395
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6114.jpg

Hotel O' Nila at Yelagiri

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6120.jpg

This resort Called 'Rythms' is right on the bank of the lake and has an excellent view of the lake. But the rooms are not very comfortable.

Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6136.jpg
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6138.jpg
Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai-img_6145.jpg

At Yelagiri mostly I stay at Landmark Hotel. It's quite decent has a very good landscape and good food. But today we didn't stay at Yelagiri, but after our sightseeing, at about 5 PM we started towards Chennai.

We reached Chennai by the 9:00 PM.

That's the end of my first travelogue. I thank all those who appreciated this effort.

In the recent time I have completed two trips one to Kerala another to Munnar.

travelogues of these two I intend to post when I have time.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good going on your travelogue; just wanted to share my experience with O'Nila; we'd been there at Yelagiri in 2005 end & we'd food at almost all the hotels in Yelagiri at that point in time; O'Nila is very good in looks than any other hotels, but the food was just average & we could get better food in other places than O'Nila. We visited O'Nila just by the hypes from the localites & hence we visited for only the food.

We stayed at King's Park just near the Taj Gardens that was newly built & hence we'd to depend upon several hotels/restaurant for food.
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff, Dameem! That was some i 20 there! I am enjoying this thread very much!
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:56   #20
BHPian

Dameem, that is a really nice travelogue with lots of photos..your narration is good that at times i feel as though i am there with you guys. Looking out for more that is to come..
Old 6th March 2010, 19:35   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
We stayed at King's Park just near the Taj Gardens that was newly built & hence we'd to depend upon several hotels/restaurant for food.

when you go, you try this hotel called the 'landmark'. it is always my favourite, having lot of space for children, very decent food too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Great stuff, Dameem! That was some i 20 there! I am enjoying this thread very much!
thanks Gansan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Dameem, that is a really nice travelogue with lots of photos..your narration is good that at times i feel as though i am there with you guys. Looking out for more that is to come..
thanks Majic. Words like these are great inspiration for me to write the next travelogue! I will do that immediately too.
Old 5th September 2012, 22:16   #22
BHPian

Re: Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameem View Post
The next morning we woke up at about 7:30 AM. This photograph was taken in Verandah in front of our room at 'Capitol Village' Resorts at Madikeri, Coorg.
To be Continued...........
Hi,

Do you have the contact details of the people in Capitol Village Resort in Coorg.

I want to check their availability.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by skdking : 5th September 2012 at 22:30.
Old 6th September 2012, 09:44   #23
BHPian

Re: Chennai-Coorg-Bangalore-Yelagiri-Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameem View Post
In Madikeri....

After the lunch at this Choice restaurant we proceeded towards our room at the resort.

This photograph was taken on the way back to our resort.
Attachment 296750

And we packed our bags which took about half an hour. Then we rested for about half an hour.

After settling the bills at the resort we started proceeding towards the direction of the elephant camp at Dubare via Chettalli (Shertala).

The elephant camp was about 28 km from the resort. We were told that the Golden Temple was also nearby. We wanted to go to elephant camp and from there we wanted to take the route to Kushal Nagar and proceed towards Mysore. we wanted to reach Bangalore by the evening. So we were in a hurry.

About 3 PM we started from the resort.

That's a pathway leading to the capitol village resort.
Attachment 296800

That's the picture of the room we stayed in this resort.
Attachment 296751

Those are the coffee plantations on the right side.

Attachment 296753

The Road to Shertala from Coorg

Attachment 296754

It was On the way on the left-hand side we saw this beautiful view of the dense forest. I was thinking to myself this is the place where all those elephants roam around freely.

Attachment 296755

The signboard somewhere near the elephant camp.

Attachment 296756

We Didn't have much difficulty in finding this place as the route was clearly marked in many places.

Attachment 296757

To our surprise the elephant camp turned out to be a very interesting place. In fact we missed the opportunity of coming earlier to this place probably we could have had a dip in the river.

Attachment 296758

We could see a group of people having a whale of a time sitting in the no running water.
Attachment 296759

We could also see groups of people walking in the low water it looked very interesting. But alas didn't have much time. If you have time come prepared to spend more time here.

Attachment 296760

We can also take our own Raft and go for a boating.

We took the boat to the other side of the river where we were supposed to see the elephants taking bath and feeding etc.

Attachment 296761

Attachment 296762

Thats me after we crossed the other side of the river.

Attachment 296763

But on the other side of the river we saw only two baby elephants with some mahouts. People were asked to take photograph of these elephants. There were no ceremony of giving bath to the elephants. Probably we went in the wrong time.

Attachment 296764

So to the boat we returned back.

Attachment 296765

Then we proceeded towards the direction of Kushal Nagar. Which was about 8 km from this place.

The time was already 4:30 PM.

Attachment 296766

As I told you earlier the road through Dubare was an excellent one and we easily reached Kushal Nagar and proceeded towards mysore. After which by 9 PM or so we reached Bangalore.

Then we stayed that night at Bangalore in my friends place at Jaya Nagar.

The next morning we were supposed to pick up two more of our friends who came by train from Chennai.

Attachment 296767

We will be staying tonight at Bangalore. And also tomorrow night at our friends place.
Then the next day morning as a whole team will move on towards Yelagiri

The next day morning we went to the Bangalore railway station to pick up our friends.

Attachment 296770

Attachment 296771

After that we saw a few places in Bangalore, had breakfast in this place.

Attachment 296768

Then went to this shopping complex which belongs to Mr.Vijay Mallya. this shopping complex houses one of the costliest brands in the world.

Attachment 296772

Attachment 296773

Attachment 296774

Attachment 296775

Attachment 296776

Then after having lunch we went to this place called 'the favourite shop' at the College Road. There we shopped for our kids and wives. It's really a very cheap and quality place. You should not miss this visit Bangalore.

Attachment 296777

That's the view of the busy College Road at Bangalore.

Attachment 296778

There is a new central mall where near the place where we stayed at Bangalore at Jaya Nagar. this we visited by the night.

Attachment 296811

Then we settled for the night after having sandwiches and excellent fruit salad at this place.

Attachment 296812

To be continued ............
I think that the road / street you are referring to in Bangalore is not College road, but Commercial street. Just wanted to point that out. Its a very happening place in Bangalore and offers a wide choice of shopping options - especially for ladies

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks