Team-BHP - Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/77589-business-pleasure-city-ideas-lund-sweden-9.html)

Before i board the plane, i was thinking about some posts in this thread asking me about how to spell the name of the town.

Something attracted my attention. I am presenting a picture of the same here. My question to all the readers is to identify this object in this image.

Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-20032010661.jpg

Before everyone slam me, or report this post to the mods, or mods give me a 10 point infraction or a ban, let me say the following.

Symbols or images are often misleading. To understand the true meaning of a symbol one needs to go back in the history to where all it began.
So says Prof Robert Langdon in the move The Da Vinci Code. At the begining of the movie, he has show how symbols have been misinterpreted.

I will post the answer to this question in the late evening today when i complete this travelogue.

Last picture at Copenhagen airport - what on earth is that? Looks like giant Kamasutras.

Some burger!! from burger king or a magnified sausage :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 1830111)
Last picture at Copenhagen airport - what on earth is that? Looks like giant Kamasutras.

It is an LED lamp

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 1830125)
Some burger!! from burger king or a magnified sausage :)

You guessed it right, it is a Garam Kutta or Hot Dog. Here is a big picture.
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-20032010660.jpg

This shop is for those thravellers who travel economy class, they can buy their onboard meal here. The SAS does not provide onboard meal to economy class passengers.
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-20032010662.jpg

we grabed a cup of coffee, and then boarded the flight.
This time SAS plane was a standard airbus flight. it was as noisy as any othe regular flight, i certainly missed the magic carpet experience of the onward flight.

i once again started reading the in flight magazine. it had an interesting article on Sandwich war.

This was was fought during 1950s between Sandinavian Airline SAS and the American Airlines.

The story goes like this

Quote:

Passengers had to pay for their meals onboard. Many of the lunchboxes offered on SAS planes were not selling, so SAS decided to serve Danish smorrebrod (=open faced sandwich) free of charge instead.
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-080420101010.jpg

Quote:

In the United states this was considered a meal and was mandetory to charge seperately from the airfare. The last straw for the US competitors came when SAS put out an ad displaying its luxurious sandwiches next to the meager cellophane wraped one offered by the US carriers.

In response the Americans threatened to withdraw traffic rights from the SAS.

The media coverage was so extensive that the SAS paid the $16000 fine without any complaint. For SAS to be allowed to continue to serve the sandwiches, which it did, one corner of the sandwich had to be clearly visible and not covered in any toppings at all
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-080420101011.jpg

Quote:

This Sandwich war made the Scandinavian open faced sandwiches famous in the rest of the world.

our landing in Frankfurt got delayed by about 25 minutes due to arrival traffic density. We got some more miles added, with out any points/milage added to FF card.

We got into the queue to get the Security / Passport check done
One tip for everyone if you want to quickly complete the international airport security check.

1. remove your laptop from the bag and keep it ready
2. Ensure that you do nto carry to much of liquid in your hand baggage.
3. place the laptop and bag seperately on the X-ray machine belt
4. Empty your pockets, remove your belt, watch, wallet, cellphone, jacket etc keep it in a container together with laptop notebook
5. Ensure that you collect the container id batch from the officer.
6. walk through the metal detector w/o it making any sound

if you manage this, then there would be no repeated frisking or re-check of your hand baggage. if the metal detect makes any sound then you will spend next 10-15 minutes at the machine passing through X-ray, frisking etc

Please ensure that your shoes does not have any metal parts. Else one need to remove the shoes and keep it on the X-ray machine belt.

I had learnt these lessons ~10 years ago at Munich airport, since then follow them through and through.

We went arround the airport, my mobile phone battery had drained. (I could not charge it previous night as we had already handed over the laptop charger back to my colleague at the office). I do not have any pictures of frankfurt airport,

Bought some chocolates for my daughter, did more windowshopping.

We were tired as we were already up since about 6 hours now. so decided to go to the resturant, chose a Japanese & Italian Combo resturant one this time. Shared some sushi with pizza between the two. so including this meal we had experienced, several different resturants during last 6 days viz.

* Indian food (kingfisher sports bar in BIAL)
* The Italia
* A O Thai
* The Grand (Swedish food)
* The primo (Turkish-Lebonese-Italian)
* Mangolian Barbeque (Malmo)
* Japanese - Italian (Frankfurt Airport)

Being flexible with respect to food is one of the main thing required if one is very frequently traveling internationally. I would rate myself 4/10 interms of flexibility, basically because i am an vegetarian. the max score i might reach is 5 or 5.5 out of 10. I have made significant progress since my first international travel in 2000. At that time my score was probably <1.0.

We boarded flight back to Bangalore, It was an un-eventful flight, German Crew were clinical, efficient, there was an XXXL sized american next to me, initially i struggled to grab 100% of my seat, after some 30 minutes, the person realized that i am struggling and squeezed himself a bit.

i could not manage to sleep for long, some movie was running on the inflight entertainment system, did not bother to listen to the sound.
Soon Dinner was served, followed by inflight shopping cart, Long time later some hot towels and some sandwiches/drinks were served.

Soon the flight landed, we deboarded, walked a long way into a immigration queue followed by baggage collection rush, followed by Customs exit queue, followed by queue at the taxi boarding point.

Once i boarded the taxi, i knew it was 20 minutes to home. I also knew that it is another 5 hours before by daughter woke up. I also knew it was difficult for me to sleep due to Jet Lag.

But I was looking forward to reaching home. There is nothing like Home Sweet Home. The best pleasure in life, returning home after a long trip.

:)

The End.

Very good Travelogue Star. It was written very interestingly. You wont believe, I read the complete travelogue in Office after ignoring my work :-) Very well deserves 5*

Bravo! But did you do the work you were supposed to do in Sweden?

Where to next?

Nice one Star. Liked the way you made it interesting with informational tidbits.

Read it in one go, you have put your experiences in good words. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

@SmartCat. Lol. And please don't remind of work. I'm struggling hard on a monday morning to catch up with weekend updates on T-BHP as such.

Good one you had there Star.

I have my doubts about StarVegaBond's original mission. I see only "pleasure" bits - no "business" bits have been mentioned. Kaam Kab Kiya?

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 1833849)
I have my doubts about StarVegaBond's original mission. I see only "pleasure" bits - no "business" bits have been mentioned. Kaam Kab Kiya?

For some, pleasure and business are one and the same!

Missed out reading the last part of the journey this weekend due to several reason. Thanks for taking us to the city of ideas Starvegabond. I hope you got the idea of taking us along with you from Lunc :)

Sorry guys, i was occupied last 3 days, hence could not respond.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbareilly (Post 1831343)
Very good Travelogue Star. It was written very interestingly. You wont believe, I read the complete travelogue in Office after ignoring my work :-) Very well deserves 5*

Thanks Coolbareily. one advice, never ignore your work, Only thing which comes bfore work is family. everything else is only after the work is done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 1831878)
Bravo! But did you do the work you were supposed to do in Sweden?

Where to next?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1833533)
@SmartCat. Lol. And please don't remind of work. I'm struggling hard on a monday morning to catch up with weekend updates on T-BHP as such.

Good one you had there Star.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 1833849)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1833864)
For some, pleasure and business are one and the same!

Work is always priority number two behind family. Work is given and done. i did not post any details as there are lots of confidential things viz.Non disclosure agreements, MOUs, Contracts, requirement specifications, project plan, resourcing, process documents, org charts, product details, software details, issues and risks identified, minutes of meeting etc etc

Without actual business ($$$/Rupees) there is no pleasure. My preference is pleasure always follows the business.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindamray (Post 1831913)
Nice one Star. Liked the way you made it interesting with informational tidbits.

Thanks arindam, i am glad that you liked the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prateekm (Post 1832923)
Read it in one go, you have put your experiences in good words. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Hi Prateek, you are welcome, purpose of this forum is to share the experiences. i am happy that you liked this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1833875)
Missed out reading the last part of the journey this weekend due to several reason. Thanks for taking us to the city of ideas Starvegabond. I hope you got the idea of taking us along with you from Lunc :)

You have been my cheerleader while posting this travelogue. You have the second highest posts here in this thread.

I am happy that despite my schedules, i have completed this travelogue.
for me finishing what has been started is very important.

thanks for your contribution to keep this going till completion.

There are other contributors as well especially iPai, MPKsuhas, amitk26, smartcat, MX6, anekho etc have been chipping in, thanks verymuch guys.

there have been several ratings, i do not know all of them, thanks to all of you.

Also thanks to all simple readers or silent consumers , many of them do not post their comments,