Team-BHP - DRIVOBLOG® | Delhi Chronovisions 1986-2009
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   DRIVOBLOG® | Delhi Chronovisions 1986-2009 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/78097-drivoblog-delhi-chronovisions-1986-2009-a.html)

Delhi, (now rather NCR) is a Super-City.

It is said to be a place where people have 'BIG Hearts'.

Behind the Success of Delhi (apart from Historical reasons) was - it being the Capital of India, its Masterplanning, and its suburban sprawl enabling Industries and satellite townships to flourish around it.

"Delhi Chronovisions" shows attempts to showcase a little part of those very reflections between the years 1986-2009 from the eyes and mind of a small kid.

"Delhi Chronovisions" Part 2 of 3

"Delhi Chronovisions" Part 3 of 3

The Major Roads of Delhi are still able to accommodate the ever increasing vehicles because of efficient planning. Driving felt like 'Autopilot'.

YouTube - Delhi Driving Ring Road to Dhaula Kuan

YouTube - Delhi Driving

YouTube - Delhi Driving

Delhi has its multi-blended and matured Hindi accent, I feel - the best in the country.

YouTube - Delhi Bus 001 Dialogue Gupt Rog Vendor

YouTube - Delhi Bus 002 Dialogue Gupt Rog Vendor

Very interesting. Does New Delhi still have independent houses?

The only memory I have of the music cassette is the player chewing up the tape!

This one is brilliant Basu !!

Brings back so many old memories - it was deja vu to see the HeMan & GIJOE & Wonder Years photo. Kept looking at the photos and kept smiling :)

Painstakingly done by you. Thanks !! Rating this a 5 star and sharing it with other friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 1800215)
Very interesting. Does New Delhi still have independent houses?

The only memory I have of the music cassette is the player chewing up the tape!

CR park has a few. I love those corner houses of CR park. Makes me want to go to Delhi and catch up with my chum there.
Hey TB, how come there's no photo of M Block market of GK II? That's my favourite haunt 10 years back.

Brilliant pics and a very teriffic ways to show how things have changed in the last 20 years

Great one TB! How about Hauz Khaz? CP? Karol Bagh? Any part II of this saga?

I am told that Nirulas have re-designed themselves in a different way and are still popular. There used be one icecream parlour in CP called Cafe 100 which used to serve a product called Milkfood 100%.

There are still many independent houses in Delhi unlike other cities. But new developments (read Gurgaon/Noida) are all flats. Unless one wants to shell a few crores to buy those independent houses called villas.

Dude! Your skill amazes me! Superb work!

Fantastic.
Brings back so many old memories, makes me nostalgic. :)

Amazing skills you have man, fantastic, what an effort. I am short of words here, old memories are refreshed.

Excellent BT! When is the next installment?

You are blessed with some good writing and narration skills. Bring it on, BT!

Absolutely brilliant. Hats off to you for the effort you have put in for compiling this. Rated 5 stars, you deserve it.