Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 21:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Sid, marvellous pics. I have never seen the Delhi Rail meuseum yet but your pics covers them complete.
BTW, didnt realize that it also constitutes the WAG-1 and WDM-2 (which is still in use).
As a child, I used to often watch the WAG-1s pulling goods from Dum Dum Jn. through the Hwh Bardhhaman Chord-line via Dakshineshwar/Dankuni.

Abhi
Old 31st March 2010, 09:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

wow! its really interesting to see our rail heritage. Good and thanks for sharing
Old 31st March 2010, 15:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! the closest I've been to anything of this sort is the puny Railway museum in Mysore. I'd always heard about the National museum in Delhi, but this is the first time I have seen any pictures of it.

As a kid I'd always pester my dad to take me to the Railways stall in the Mysore Dasara Exhibition every year. They used to keep scale models and post interesting trivia over there. But for the last few years, they are not putting up the stall. I also heard that the Rail museum in Mysore was closed, is it true?

Thanks a lot Sid
Old 31st March 2010, 15:23   #19
BHPian

Thank you Sid. Brings back good memories of my visit to this wonderful museum way back in 2003. I must say that you have covered every bit of it. Its really worth visiting this place and learning so much about our Railways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks