Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 17:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
More than two hours from the last post. Aage kya hua? And what vehicle?
Sorry gd1418, I was occupied with some work. The story is on.
I drive 2004 Maruti Zen.
Old 31st March 2010, 17:26   #17
BHPian

Here are few more pictures.
1. Near Empty Pavilion form other side
2. Keeping the eye on Main entrence to pakistan.
3. Few women have settled down
4. Closeup of the previous pic
5. 2 Pakistani Siliders near the metal gate
6. Main entrence to Pakistan
7. They must have drank a lot of water but hey, they are doing it towards other country.
8. The border fence.
Attached Thumbnails
Superb “Punjab (Punj means 5 and Aab means water)” Noida, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Atari-punjab2010-093.jpg  

Superb “Punjab (Punj means 5 and Aab means water)” Noida, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Atari-punjab2010-094.jpg  

Superb “Punjab (Punj means 5 and Aab means water)” Noida, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Atari-punjab2010-096.jpg  

Superb “Punjab (Punj means 5 and Aab means water)” Noida, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Atari-punjab2010-101.jpg  

Superb “Punjab (Punj means 5 and Aab means water)” Noida, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Atari-punjab2010-133.jpg  

Superb “Punjab (Punj means 5 and Aab means water)” Noida, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Atari-punjab2010-135.jpg  

Superb “Punjab (Punj means 5 and Aab means water)” Noida, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Atari-punjab2010-138.jpg  

Superb “Punjab (Punj means 5 and Aab means water)” Noida, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Atari-punjab2010-139.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 18:35   #18
BHPian

Stayed back in Amritsar for the night at my cousin's place. Started back towards Chandigarh early next morning.

The evening was spent watching the IPL (Preity VS Shahrukh)

Next day, we covered Mansa Devi temple and Sukhna Lake in Chandigarh.

Few more pics.

1. Kid enjoying a boat ride. He wasnt comfortable with the life Jacket :-)
2. Sukhna Lake.
Attached Thumbnails
Superb “Punjab (Punj means 5 and Aab means water)” Noida, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Atari-punjab2010-150.jpg  

Superb “Punjab (Punj means 5 and Aab means water)” Noida, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Atari-punjab2010-155.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 18:53   #19
BHPian

I must say again, BEAUTIFUL PICS. what camera did you use BTW? Can you also share as to how did you feel being at the BORDER and watching the ceremony?
Old 31st March 2010, 19:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

I've always wanted to see the border ceremony. Thanks for putting it up. Btw, what is it called? (i forgot).
Old 31st March 2010, 19:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I've always wanted to see the border ceremony. Thanks for putting it up. Btw, what is it called? (i forgot).
It's a retreat ceremony called "Flag Lowering Ceremony" (source: Wagah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Old 31st March 2010, 20:11   #22
BHPian

Thanks for putting up the pics of the border ceremony. It has been in my must see list for quite sometime now.

The empty stands in Pakistan is a surprise. Almost all the videos and photos I have seen have jam packed stands on both sides with people cheering their soldiers on.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:33   #23
Team-BHP Support

Hey Sanjay, have you taken a video of the 'retreat ceremony' at Wagah? If so, upload it on Youtube and put a link to it here.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
I must say again, BEAUTIFUL PICS. what camera did you use BTW? Can you also share as to how did you feel being at the BORDER and watching the ceremony?
I am a Canon Enthusiast and am using an old model S1-IS. Am planning to upgrade. The feeling was great. The environment was festive with lots of music and dance. The ceremony itself makes the environment pure patriotic. (However, I know a person who feels that the ceremony creates disharmony between people of the two countries. Ofcourse, everybody has a right of opinion.) I liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Thanks for putting up the pics of the border ceremony. It has been in my must see list for quite sometime now.

The empty stands in Pakistan is a surprise. Almost all the videos and photos I have seen have jam packed stands on both sides with people cheering their soldiers on.
I Visited Atari on Thursday and I was told that Stands on other side are generally full on Friday (Friday is Holiday in Pakistan). The picture i had taken was a little early (Indian side was full by then) but the Pakistani stands had some more people later. We must consider the population density and Amritsar being a big tourist destination as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Hey Sanjay, have you taken a video of the 'retreat ceremony' at Wagah? If so, upload it on Youtube and put a link to it here.
I do have some videos. I need to create a youtube profile. I will do that in a couple of days and upload. Will let you know.
Old 1st April 2010, 15:18   #25
BHPian

nice pictures of the golden temple ! the wagah ceremony certainly charges one's patriotic feelings. I just love the pic of those school girls running with the tri colour.Jai ho..
Old 1st April 2010, 20:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing.
Went through the photographs of the Golden Temple, a place I have been wanting to visit since long and also witness the parades at Wagah.
Yes also want to gorge on food in an authentic Punjabi Dhaba.
Old 1st April 2010, 22:30   #27
BHPian

One of the Videos for you guys.
Old 1st April 2010, 22:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykaul View Post
I am a Canon Enthusiast and am using an old model S1-IS. Am planning to upgrade. The feeling was great. The environment was festive with lots of music and dance. The ceremony itself makes the environment pure patriotic. (However, I know a person who feels that the ceremony creates disharmony between people of the two countries. Ofcourse, everybody has a right of opinion.) I liked it.

I Visited Atari on Thursday and I was told that Stands on other side are generally full on Friday (Friday is Holiday in Pakistan). The picture i had taken was a little early (Indian side was full by then) but the Pakistani stands had some more people later. We must consider the population density and Amritsar being a big tourist destination as well.

I do have some videos. I need to create a Youtube profile. I will do that in a couple of days and upload. Will let you know.
Boss on your way back you should have visited Gurudwara Bhatta Sahib at Ropar. it is a historical gurudwara and also my hometown. I visit it once in one or two years.
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Great Travelogue Sanjay,
And the pictures have come out really nice. I myself have been to Wagha twice, but now I feel that if you have seen it once you have seen it all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Thanks for sharing.
Went through the photographs of the Golden Temple, a place I have been wanting to visit since long and also witness the parades at Wagah.
Yes also want to gorge on food in an authentic Punjabi Dhaba.
Fazal saab. Make a trip down to Delhi and we can always plan a trip down to Amritsar . one maybe 2 cars 6-8 bhpians, should be quite a good experience. Amritsar can be done in 1 single drive. Its just 450 kms from delhi or 6 hrs by train.
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:03   #30
BHPian

Have few videos but couldent upload all of them. Bandwidth issues :-)

Here is the link to two of them on you tube

(Sorry, Didn't know how to embed the viewer in the reply)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks